STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I used to use two phone books taped together.

Back when they had phonebooks.

Damn. Yall remember phonebooks? These new millenials have no idea.

:lol:

Dog them ****s used to be stacked in the lobby of my building growing up.

Is that the deal? Like spring action off your chest or is it some form of resistance like other types of banded bench?

Ya thought you can lift more using it.

Never used it before but i feel like its the equivalent on putting a weight (donut) on a baseball bat. Someone correct me if im wrong

started the vid of marc using the sling shot. def some spring action. idk the benefits but im pretty sure there are some

Is that the deal? Like spring action off your chest or is it some form of resistance like other types of banded bench?

Not just necessarily spring, but the form and everything else which allows you to go higher in weights.

I dont have one, but i use my gym mates. We only use it for overloads, you def dont wanna use it all the time(like with belts and wristwraps)therefore ur body ends up relying on it when lifting.

Its a good tool tho, gets a good pump in

Its for overloading, just to get your CNS ready for heavier weights without actually having the strength to hit it without one. I have read most people say you should only use about 10-15% over you max with it. I put around 440 up with one and could tell it was just an injury waiting to happen because of how much it helped but the weight felt heavy as **** in my hands.

I have a feeling that guy in the video doesn't bench anywhere close to 405 and that was just for fun judging on their reactions. That SS also looked pretty tight on him and barely used so it had a lot of rebound.

Its for overloading, just to get your CNS ready for heavier weights without actually having the strength to hit it without one. I have read most people say you should only use about 10-15% over you max with it. I put around 440 up with one and could tell it was just an injury waiting to happen because of how much it helped but the weight felt heavy as **** in my hands.

I have a feeling that guy in the video doesn't bench anywhere close to 405 and that was just for fun judging on their reactions. That SS also looked pretty tight on him and barely used so it had a lot of rebound.

Will I die trying to do other forms of bench in that program instead of using a slingshot?

Will I die trying to do other forms of bench in that program instead of using a slingshot?

Honestly bro I've only used the SS a handful of times, I really don't think its worth it unless you're rehabbing an injury which its usually just better to not bench at all then. I think for raw benchers the best variations are CGBP, spot press, paused reps and then hammer out trice, shoulder and back work.

Looking for a new program to start. I was doing my own version 5-3-1 for a couple years then took six months off lifting to do calisthenics only. Was able to get up to 350 DL, 185 Bench, 285 Squat (I started out weighing 145, weight 160 now, was 170 at a point). I want to gain strength, size, and still do some calisthenics. How important is sticking exactly to program? I'm thinking about doing Kizen Powerbuilding, or NSUNS 5/3/1. I can really only hit the gym 3 times a week and most programs require 6 days a week.

Looking for advice/suggestions...

Never dabbled in pause reps. What % 1RM you suggest working at m boiz m boiz ? Or just work my way up?

Also, I've been getting told to avoid flat barbell bench and opt for incline barbell and DB presses since they're safer on the shoulder. Truth or fiction? And why? Is it shoulder position? Degree of shoulder extension? I don't understand why people say that.

Looking for a new program to start. I was doing my own version 5-3-1 for a couple years then took six months off lifting to do calisthenics only. Was able to get up to 350 DL, 185 Bench, 285 Squat (I started out weighing 145, weight 160 now, was 170 at a point). I want to gain strength, size, and still do some calisthenics. How important is sticking exactly to program? I'm thinking about doing Kizen Powerbuilding, or NSUNS 5/3/1. I can really only hit the gym 3 times a week and most programs require 6 days a week.

Looking for advice/suggestions...

5x5 stronglifts program is really good to build strength and only requires 3 days

Never dabbled in pause reps. What % 1RM you suggest working at m boiz m boiz ? Or just work my way up?

Also, I've been getting told to avoid flat barbell bench and opt for incline barbell and DB presses since they're safer on the shoulder. Truth or fiction? And why? Is it shoulder position? Degree of shoulder extension? I don't understand why people say that.

Start around 60% and go from there. 2 second pause above chest and explode up.

Tried bang cotton candy yesterday straight off work to the gym. Stuff had me sweating bullets

For me its the opposite. I feel that doing incline bench press puts a lot more stress on my shoulders than flat bench. If you have bad shoulders the best option would be reverse grib flat bench press. Been doing them for a couple of months and they're legit, feels great on my shoulders and amazing contraction on the upper pecs.

First Thanksgiving experience.

Trying not to gain 10 pounds this week. I down two large Dominos pizzas every time I go all out. Looking forward to it but I know Ima lose control.

Back
Top Bottom