STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

For you ppl dudes, what’s your rest schedule like?

I’m asking because I can comfortably do ppl 6 days a week and I'm starting to wonder if my intensity is too low or I’m not giving myself enough time to recover.

I’m thinking about doing ppl 3-4 days of ppl and then two cardio days where I box, jump rope, battle rope etc.

When I do PPL it's either higher volume (≈13-15 exercises/day) done Pull/Push/Legs/rest and then repeated; or lower volume (≈9-12 exercises/day) done Pull/Push/Legs/Pull/Push/Legs/rest, then repeated the next week.

How you get started doing that? I wanna try...
patrice.png

Start off with shoes. Even if you dont bowl that often it'll be worth it in the long run. Most entry level shoes are gonna be around $40-60 or make your own. I've done both.

Or start by finding an alley near by that has an unlimited games special (usually during the week when its slower). Two or three games usually aren't enough to get a real feel for the game.

Learn the hook/curve. Straight ball for spares. Don't be the cat heaving 9 lb balls down the lane. Power isn't everything.

Is there an NT Bowling thread?

Man I been having pain on the sole of my left foot. It comes and goes...is this plantar fasciitis? Haven't been to a doc yet

roll the bottom of your foot with a lacross ball/golf ball or tennis ball

What training split is everyone on right now?

ppl?

no specific actual day of the week, things just fall where they may

but

Day 1 - chest/shoulders/ light cardio
Day 2 - Back/abs/ light cardio
Day 3 - arms/ light cardio
Day 4 - legs with squats as the center piece and some other compounds/ light cardio

then a day of rest; if i need it, 2 days.

then

Day 1 - chest/tri's/ light cardio
Day 2 - back/bi's/ light cardio call on the tread mill)
Day 3 - shoulders/abs/ light cardio
Day 4 - legs with rear concentration, dead lifts and majority supplementary machine exercises and iso stuff/ light cardio

And light cardio is light. Just an extra 150-300 call on the high incline tread mill

do you cardio on your day of rest?

what's more important to yall pre workout carbs. post workout carbs?
No no cardio or any exercise on rest days. Just rest and relaxation. Peace. Maybe do some massaging with the hypervolt or foam roller at home. May do some precautionary icing while I watch tv. But rest day is for rest. I find on rest days my hunger is usually OD lol. So I may eat a bit more on those days too.

Back
Top Bottom