STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What’s up fam. Had a pretty decent off season. Gained mass without looking sloppy. My strength was just starting to sky rocket but prep season starts soon 😭. So I tested myself out and couldn’t be happier. Especially with my trash bench numbers

Hey longtime bro

I see you still.an animal in the gym :pimp:

Weighted tees been a good purchase
20200203_182354.jpg

NT bro’s I need some advice. I’ve been lifting for about 6 years now. I was a frail boy and now I’m solid. Arms, shoulders, chest, back all with solid gains and I’m now at about 225 roughly 15% body fat so more of a mass muscle than a shredded muscle.

anyways, as much as my chest has progressed, my upper chest is lacking. I’ve done so much to try and grow it.Did incline dumb bells, flys, incline bench, etc. To the point where I do 70% upper chest workouts when it’s chest day (2x a week, or 3 If I hit the gym 6 times that week) and still barely much improvement. Anyone with a defined upper chest have tips? I honestly dunno what the issue is. Probably a lot to do with genetics but I gotta overcome bc I can’t be big everywhere except one spot and look like an idiot

Been back in the gym consistently for just over a month, only seeing minimal results but I'll check in after another month. Gonna buy some new running shoes Thursday and get in 2.5 miles at least 3 times a week. I've been tightening up on my eating too.

My arms are decent, I'm just trying to get my upper chest to pop bc i lowkey have man-boobs and I hate it. I'm also trying to slim down my waist, I've got a small amount of pudge.

What's funny is I'm considered the fit guy at work. I think I'm right in the middle honestly.

Pics
Screenshot_20200204-231529_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20200204-233131_Video Player.jpg
Any tips are welcomed. Also I'm flexing my stomach, if i fully relax it, it basically goes into homer Simpson mode... So obviously i try not to relax too much when I'm out. I'm not obsessed with getting abs, just want that area slimmed down. Primary concern is upper/inner chest, that area just seems incapable of activating.

Last edited:
NT bro’s I need some advice. I’ve been lifting for about 6 years now. I was a frail boy and now I’m solid. Arms, shoulders, chest, back all with solid gains and I’m now at about 225 roughly 15% body fat so more of a mass muscle than a shredded muscle.

anyways, as much as my chest has progressed, my upper chest is lacking. I’ve done so much to try and grow it.Did incline dumb bells, flys, incline bench, etc. To the point where I do 70% upper chest workouts when it’s chest day (2x a week, or 3 If I hit the gym 6 times that week) and still barely much improvement. Anyone with a defined upper chest have tips? I honestly dunno what the issue is. Probably a lot to do with genetics but I gotta overcome bc I can’t be big everywhere except one spot and look like an idiot
I am the same way. Went from small to 225. At one point I was 235. I always turn my curl inward towards my chest. Something I learned in weight training in college.

-Go slower on your negatives (on the way down part).

-Utilize cables, set to the highest pulley.

-Try pulse reps.

Been back in the gym consistently for just over a month, only seeing minimal results but I'll check in after another month. Gonna buy some new running shoes Thursday and get in 2.5 miles at least 3 times a week. I've been tightening up on my eating too.

My arms are decent, I'm just trying to get my upper chest to pop bc i lowkey have man-boobs and I hate it. I'm also trying to slim down my waist, I've got a small amount of pudge.

What's funny is I'm considered the fit guy at work. I think I'm right in the middle honestly.

Pics

Any tips are welcomed. Also I'm flexing my stomach, if i fully relax it, it basically goes into homer Simpson mode... So obviously i try not to relax too much when I'm out. I'm not obsessed with getting abs, just want that area slimmed down. Primary concern is upper/inner chest, that area just seems incapable of activating.

Cardio and nutrition. You won't be able to just target your mid section, you'll have to lose body fat overall.

Pics

You definitely fit bruh.

But a quick jump into +7.5 miles of steady-state cardio on a weekly basis is overkill and completely unnecessary imo.

Likely to have a negative impact on how efficiently you're developing strength and mass, if that's important to you. Not needed or efficient to lose weight for someone like you who's already in good shape (body fat less than or around 20%).

More focus on dialing in nutrition + general lifestyle improvements (e.g. 8+ hours of sleep), less focus on cardio.

You shouldn't be aiming for some +500 caloric deficit. Consistently hitting 200 calories below maintenance over 3 - 6 months will do it.

2 short HIIT sessions over > running that many miles every week.

Last edited:

Pics

whats the nutrition like for the both of you?
also maybe a new program more of a body building oneI always suggest Kris gethin / kaged muscle programs. i've seen results further than what i expected this year so far.
and as someone said before focus on them negatives and squeezing

s-blaze s-blaze ok, thanks, I'll keep that in mind

northoaklandfc northoaklandfc Much thanks for the detailed input, that's the most specific fitness advice I've gotten in years. I'm glad i saw what before i committed to the running bc I definitely wanna add some mass. Coincidentally, I did a hiit class last night for the first time and it was definitely more challenging that i anticipated. Had me sweating in the first 5 minutes.

tdogg2k tdogg2k general nutrition for me is
Egg whites then a smoothie with protein powder, banana, almond milk, peanut butter, honey

Spaghetti with spinach

Tilapia or grilled chicken with brown rice and broccoli.

Few healthy snacks in between here and there, like as Cliff bar.

whats the nutrition like for the both of you?
also maybe a new program more of a body building oneI always suggest Kris gethin / kaged muscle programs. i've seen results further than what i expected this year so far.
and as someone said before focus on them negatives and squeezing

I actually eat fairly healthy. Only 1 cheat day a week, sometimes longer than a week. I also do intermittent fast most of the time. I’ve been focusing on squeezing and elbows in, etc. There’s minimal gains and the strength is def there but not the results I’d like. I’ll def look into a program tho. Maybe it’ll show some unique workouts I haven’t been doing yet

2020-Raw-Nationals-01-696x567.png

Raw Nationals 2020 is taking place in Daytona Beach, FL...
Im thinking about making it my goal to qualify to compete at the national level.

For my weight class, 74KG (163lb), I need to qualify with a total of 625 KG / 1378 LB.
My first meet I did in Dec I totaled 555 KG / 1224 LB

Realistically, I would need to hit a 485 LB squat, 320 bench, 575 Deadlift and that would be the bare minimum to qualify...

Thinking about going for it.

Back
Top Bottom