STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I remember the old formula.. I used to get cases for free back in the day and I couldn't finish them because of the awful taste..
Sea salt was the worst..

73e71d70-02ba-4959-8093-01c4945d7a04_1.6e619078385565485ad867ece21cd724.jpeg

Never had these but I’ve had the cookies they make. They alright but I think they were being questioned about the stats they put on it.

Need advice , I only have access to a decent gym once or maybe twice a week if I’m lucky.

Can I work on my back and chest on the same day? I usually do pull / push. I just wanna make the most of my lack of actual gym time. I feel like I can hit the arms pretty good with the dumbells and bands I have at home.

I only do this not only to maxmize my time but to ensure I am giving balanced attention to back and chest.
Of course my workout is only 45min so i imagine for guys who go more intense it would be a bit overwhelming to hit both.
i feel i have great posture because i do push and pull and tend not to get the hunched over look many guys do because they over do pushing.

so i guess all the morning lifters come to the gym at 5 am.
about 20 people in here at 5 compared to the 6 people after 6 am
on a arrogant note; still no one impressive here. theres 2 older gentlemen who def had a run in their glory days. former military.
still have only seen 1 chick who actually lifts. ....correctly. and she uses 4 different spots in her circuit. using our handles that we only have 1 pair of in PF for some reason....PF so trash btw.
other than that the rest just do cardio or go through the motions. (small rant. grinds my gears when i see women doing lat pull downs 6 inches in front of their body down to their belly. but no judgement. atleast ya in here)

Cutting Squat Everyday 2.0 short. Gonna go ahead and put my body out of its misery now.

Final Stats:
Back Squat +40
Front Squat: +30
Bench Press: +15
Strict Press: +15
Sumo Dead: +15
Pendlay Row: +25

52 squat sessions from 25 July to 19 Sept.

Takeaways:
- Front Squat got much better
- Back Squat gains were not as good (perhaps due to front squatting so often. Form wasn't quite as dialed in as when I ran this in 2018; walkouts weren't as smooth) as last time
- Bench Press improved despite my form/setup need major work
- Pendlay Row improved greatly
- Mobility was much greater the second squat session regardless of which type of squats were performed
- Definitely didn't eat enough to sustain this type of effort

If I ever do this in the future, never going 10 days in a row will be key. A better idea might be to front squat exclusively to build up the quads and spare the lower back, then switch to the competition squat for the next four weeks. I might also back the days down to five but add in more two-a-days.

Just got that dreaded low back POP and sharp pain during deadlifts today. Went for a PR and it happened. I’m not in pain right now, just really stiff. I have an awful feeling this is going to be a horrendous injury though, and tomorrow I’ll be bedridden :frown:

Just got that dreaded low back POP and sharp pain during deadlifts today. Went for a PR and it happened. I’m not in pain right now, just really stiff. I have an awful feeling this is going to be a horrendous injury though, and tomorrow I’ll be bedridden :frown:
Should’ve ordered a heating pad when we were talking about it. Prayers up |l

Should’ve ordered a heating pad when we were talking about it. Prayers up |l

Heating pad is clutch. If you don't have one, try using gallon Ziploc bags and warm water over a wet towel.

calibeebee calibeebee Hope you avoided serious injury. FWIW my mans at work had his back pop again this week in the office and he doesn't eem lift. Young dude, so I guess stuff just pops sometimes.

feel down the 74kg rabbit hole after watching a few of dudes vids.. Between Him, Atwood, Seay, did anybody hit 800kg or did everything get held up due to Covid? I saw somewhere that the PUG dude moved up a class too

no one hit 800kg yet. Seay tried but then bombed out by missing all 3 of his bench attempts. Pug is still a 74, he was joking about moving up.

he’s competing this Nov at the same meet I’m competing in. Im coming in as a 74kg too lol rip

Heating pad is clutch. If you don't have one, try using gallon Ziploc bags and warm water over a wet towel.

calibeebee calibeebee Hope you avoided serious injury. FWIW my mans at work had his back pop again this week in the office and he doesn't eem lift. Young dude, so I guess stuff just pops sometimes.

I had my back pop picking up a pair of pants :lol:

I guess it happens most often when you jump out of bed and rush around doing stuff while you’re still stiff af.

Back
Top Bottom