STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Gave up serious weight lifting this year. Not gonna wait for something to snap to know it's time to hang it up. Still do light lifting a few times a week, but that's it.

Started doing lot of endurance exercises. I had no idea how bad of shape I was in till I started this. I thought I was gonna die after doing 10 burpees :lol:

I spent years lifting heavy weights, but you'd probably need to call 911 if I had to run half a mile. That's not the condition I strive for anymore. Can currently do a mile and a half without stopping. Hope to get it up to two miles before the end of the year.

Gave up serious weight lifting this year. Not gonna wait for something to snap to know it's time to hang it up. Still do light lifting a few times a week, but that's it.

Started doing lot of endurance exercises. I had no idea how bad of shape I was in till I started this. I thought I was gonna die after doing 10 burpees :lol:

I spent years lifting heavy weights, but you'd probably need to call 911 if I had to run half a mile. That's not the condition I strive for anymore. Can currently do a mile and a half without stopping. Hope to get it up to two miles before the end of the year.
Meanwhile I’m in the Army and would kill to never have to run 2+ miles ever again :lol:

Meanwhile I’m in the Army and would kill to never have to run 2+ miles ever again :lol:

Bruh I'm never doing no Coopers test, I'm never running no sub 6, I'm not even upping my gait past a leisurely stroll again unless there's a ball and a pick up game involved to distract me from the fact that it's cardio fitness. :rofl:

Bruh I'm never doing no Coopers test, I'm never running no sub 6, I'm not even upping my gait past a leisurely stroll again unless there's a ball and a pick up game involved to distract me from the fact that it's cardio fitness. :rofl:
We switched over to a new PT test (ACFT) and we get 21 minutes to run 2 miles. I took that joint after not doing cardio due to Covid and still ran a 17 minute 2 mile. That was the light for me, I can lift as heavy as I want and still “exceed” the standard :lol:

We switched over to a new PT test (ACFT) and we get 21 minutes to run 2 miles. I took that joint after not doing cardio due to Covid and still ran a 17 minute 2 mile. That was the light for me, I can lift as heavy as I want and still “exceed” the standard :lol:

I was fronting a little bit. I gave going on a "run" EXACTLY one try back at the beginning of lockdown.

This was the best I could do dog.

I barely made it around my block. :rofl:

That avg HR. :sick:

Mind you back in Obama's first term, I could run a 5:30 mile pretty easily most of the year . :smh: :smh: :smh: :lol:

68BB808C-4214-4F55-BF8B-C8230CF17CF2.jpeg

I think I'm gonna do some platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy on my shoulder soon to try and heal the small tears in my labrum. Anyone have any experience with this?

I think I'm gonna do some platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy on my shoulder soon to try and heal the small tears in my labrum. Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm going to be lookin into it pretty soon here with my acetabular labrum. All I know so far is, insurance doesn't cover it, and it's expensive.

I'm going to be lookin into it pretty soon here with my acetabular labrum. All I know so far is, insurance doesn't cover it, and it's expensive.

Yes, it isn't covered usually. I did some research and prices can range quite a bit. The orthopedic office I am working with charges $750 per injection, which they said is the cheapest in my state (Florida) and one of the cheapest in the Southeast.

Also, if you don't have one, you should look into opening a Care Credit account, it's essentially a credit card for health care and they give you 6 months with no interest to pay off your balance.

Welp the gym I was going to closed down last night look like back to home workouts and more running

Gyms are already mandated to shut down at 12:01am tonight for 95% of California.

I might be able to get away with sliding to San Francisco for a week but I don't see how they don't get shut down too in the coming days. :frown:
My gym just became an outdoor gym.. Is that shutdown too?

MacCombs Bronx, NYC. This needs to be a thing nationwide.
1605732101184.png

Many urban parks become de facto fitness spaces. Joggers dart around kids teetering on bikes. It’s not uncommon to see someone lunging across asphalt, breaking into squats or burpees, or enlisting a bench for standing push-ups. But some parks are specifically designed with fitness opportunities in mind.

Scattered throughout the Piety Hill neighborhood of Detroit—a corridor just off Woodward Avenue once lined with stately cathedrals—are small patches of land being turned into fitness spaces. With a new $110,000 grant from the Kresge Foundation, the Central Detroit Christian Community Development Corporation is working to transform vacant plots into free outdoor gyms. They’re focusing on a 24-block residential area.

“The streets have gone through several iterations of devastation or blight, but are on their way back for a comeback,” says Lisa Johanon, the executive director of Central Detroit Christian. To date, the organization has worked on seven lots—all less than 50 square feet, which makes them unsuited for residential zoning.

“Having a gym membership is not something that’s feasible for a lot of folks,” Johanon says. She’d seen the outdoor exercise models elsewhere, and thoug

A survey conducted by the Michigan Department of Community Health found that more than 69 percent of adult residents in Detroit were either overweight or obese. Another survey noted that 23 percent of the city’s high school students were obese. Obesity rates among low-income toddlers in Detroit did decrease between 2008 and 2011, according to an analysis from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

relates to A Clever Use for Awkwardly Sized Vacant Lots: Outdoor Gyms

With the grant, Central Detroit Christian poured cement, bought exercise equipment, and planted trees and ornamental landscaping. (Edible plants, including blueberry bushes, will go into the ground this summer, Johanon says.) The exercise bikes, rowing machines, and other equipment are all designed for outdoor use, so they won’t rust or give out in the event that the Michigan winter turns characteristically cold. When selecting the equipment, Johanon says, she opted for things that looked like fun.

“I can see guys in the neighborhood really getting into it,” she adds. “If it looks scary and it looks hard, people aren’t going to do it.”

ht: Hey, this could work for us.

Thinking about starting a supplement company... got a pretty good idea on how to stand out but idk where to start lmao
you got super tough competition. If Goku gains didn't make it with us geeks who grew up on it......
but im following your jersey. make good flavors and ill cop

Bands and calisthenics. You can still do lower body training. The same exercises that you do in rehab for the shoulder, you can consistently do with the bands. As they may have told you, this effects the distal end of the shoulder near the clavicle. You can still do curls, triceps push downs, kickbacks. You simply are limited to controlled pressing exercises, closed kinetic chain exercises, but you can indeed row, and low pulley train.

How far along is the degeneration?
Thanks for the advice brother.

Update.

So I had a telehealth zoom meeting with the doctor I went to see and it was a little different from the initial call the day before.

Long story short, in the scope of shoulder injuries and weightlifters' shoulder more specifically, my shoulder is not bad at all according to the doctor.

It's fairly minor trauma that will get better by its self and does not need surgery at all.

His worry was that if I keeping on lifting heavy *** weights I could have some major shoulder problems in my 50's and 60's.

He kept calling me young, so I got the impression that he's used to seeing elderly people who for example slipped and broke their hip.

I'm not going to do any pressing for a while. At one point I was dumbbell shoulder pressing 90's and benching 300 + for reps multiple times a week. My body basically told me to chill the **** out. :rofl:

Got an MRI on my right shoulder...

Was told I have weight lifters shoulder and should stop lifting :frown:

I'm deadass about to cry.

I've heard that you can do a type "self surgery/therapy" for weight-lifter's shoulder (assuming you mean distal clavicular osteolysis) where you work through the pain and the clavicle will lyse and resect on its own, creating a false joint. Not co-signing, but I have read that before. Probably a painful way of going about it.

Anything that you do that requires excessive extension will probably suck. Bar to chest bench presses, flies, dips, etc. It creates a traction effect on your clavicle and wears the end of it down and that's probably why you're getting a lot of inflammation and even micro fractures.

I've heard of people getting the surgery (end of the clavicle removed). There's a few of them. One is the mumford or something like that. But if you google self-surgery there might be something to it and worth asking about.

"Stop lifting" seems like an extreme reaction. That's usually what orthos say. Talk to a PT first, for sure.

You can get big by doing sh*t that doesn't aggravate your shoulder. Even getting in the squat position could bug your shoulders. Do front squats or use a safety squat bar or goblet squats or landmine squats for the time being.

you got super tough competition. If Goku gains didn't make it with us geeks who grew up on it......
but im following your jersey. make good flavors and ill cop

big trust.. the flavors i got in mind hasnt been done before. its an untapped world im about to go into.

my friend and I are talking over it right now..

Thanks for the advice brother.

Update.

So I had a telehealth zoom meeting with the doctor I went to see and it was a little different from the initial call the day before.

Long story short, in the scope of shoulder injuries and weightlifters' shoulder more specifically, my shoulder is not bad at all according to the doctor.

It's fairly minor trauma that will get better by its self and does not need surgery at all.

His worry was that if I keeping on lifting heavy *** weights I could have some major shoulder problems in my 50's and 60's.

He kept calling me young, so I got the impression that he's used to seeing elderly people who for example slipped and broke their hip.

I'm not going to do any pressing for a while. At one point I was dumbbell shoulder pressing 90's and benching 300 + for reps multiple times a week. My body basically told me to chill the **** out. :rofl:
Hey, you've got a long time to do this. I am sure that you know to train for the long haul, not simply for the short term. Congrats on learning that it isn't as bad as your initial discovery, and I hope that all goes well. All the best.

Back
Top Bottom