STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Good video.

Also reminds me that the deadlift is a LEG exercise. So many lifters (esp young ones on tiktok) think it's a back exercise.

DL = hip hinge movement. The lower back stabilizes the weight, but the legs (mainly hamstring and glutes) are the primary muscle moving the weight.

Good video.

Also reminds me that the deadlift is a LEG exercise. So many lifters (esp young ones on tiktok) think it's a back exercise.

DL = hip hinge movement. The lower back stabilizes the weight, but the legs (mainly hamstring and glutes) are the primary muscle moving the weight.
most of them deadlift to impress basing on weight lift capability, not because they are working on certain muscles.

I disagree. People perform movements but never practice them. Think of it as people playing basketball but never practicing the fundamentals. How many people do we know take the time to grab a PVC pipe, look at the mirror, and just practice a movement for hours adjusting their body? Just doesn’t happen. Going back to the basketball comparison, it like having a broke jump shot but only caring if the ball goes it but never practicing the mechanics

why do people do this? Many reasons really. Time, no help, don’t know, and yes the occasional gym bro. Point is, there’s levels to this. No accident as to why some people excel, some people get hurt, or why some people never gain.

last basketball analogy haha, you got the dude that are athletic who think they can step on the court and just dominate while you have the guys making it all look easy. The guys who practiced have done it thousands of times.

Last edited:
Refine. I want to have someone work with me in person

I will say getting a coach has helped my lifts and form 10x compared to just doing it on my own. The small details that you miss while doing it on your own or don’t know of at the time would be pointed out by them as they watch you. No offense to the CrossFit people but go with an actual weightlifting coach because I’ve seen some CrossFit coaches give sus advice.

I will say getting a coach has helped my lifts and form 10x compared to just doing it on my own. The small details that you miss while doing it on your own or don’t know of at the time would be pointed out by them as they watch you. No offense to the CrossFit people but go with an actual weightlifting coach because I’ve seen some CrossFit coaches give sus advice.
The plan is to go to an actual weightlifting coach.

don't we all started the same? like no fundamentals at all and just learned on the fly? as far as Crossfit people are concerned, it's pretty much tell what not to do when working out.

don't we all started the same? like no fundamentals at all and just learned on the fly? as far as Crossfit people are concerned, it's pretty much tell what not to do when working out.

You’re right about that, we all start with no fundamentals of the movement and **** like that. I was like that for the 1st year I did it but as soon as I got a coach and proper programming, my progress excelled.Been doing it for 3+ years now and I’m still working positioning and form.

You’re right about that, we all start with no fundamentals of the movement and **** like that. I was like that for the 1st year I did it but as soon as I got a coach and proper programming, my progress excelled.Been doing it for 3+ years now and I’m still working positioning and form.
I wouldn't mind having a coach like this.

Screenshot_20210513-191434_Gallery.jpg

490lb deadlift single today.

Backoffs: 405 x 5 / 385 2 x 5

Having a coach is so underrated. Esp if you have a coach that knows their ****. Literally blew my #s up and learned so much from it for powerlifting. From form, mentality, and programming.

If you wanna get serious (in any sport) then getting a coach is a game changer

What are you guys diets looking like? I think I’m about to start a major cut soon.
Been fasting for the last month. Gonna go back to simply eating maintenance calories through out the day and hitting my protein macros. I'm already lean. Gonna try and slowly add some muscle over the year.
Pulling a Mac from its always sunny and going on the dirtyest bulk ever then drop weight again crossed my mind. :lol:

Screenshot_20210513-191434_Gallery.jpg

490lb deadlift single today.

Backoffs: 405 x 5 / 385 2 x 5

Having a coach is so underrated. Esp if you have a coach that knows their ****. Literally blew my #s up and learned so much from it for powerlifting. From form, mentality, and programming.

If you wanna get serious (in any sport) then getting a coach is a game changer

Your stance seems kinda wide for conventional, did you change it after hiring your coach? I kinda wanna experiment with my stance

Your stance seems kinda wide for conventional, did you change it after hiring your coach? I kinda wanna experiment with my stance

Yea I have a wider stance for my deadlift and squat. Just my natural hip structure.

Tried a closer stance with toes pointed forward but it just didn't feel well on my back or hip so my coach and I decided to go back to what felt natural.

Screenshot_20210515-185402_Instagram.jpg

What are you guys diets looking like? I think I’m about to start a major cut soon.
tipped the scales today after 2 months of intermittent fasting. from 214lbs. I'm now at 200 lbs. my IF is gradually progressive, started at 16-8 to 18-6 and now at 20-4. I now have 4 hour window for my meals and other stuff. I'm not necessarily following a strict diet type and eat what I want although I don't over-indulge the amount. I just eat what a typical amount would be like a single plate with carbs, meat and other stuff. I still drink chocolate, cola beverages and juices. a person complimented me today about losing some weight and look better. that's how I knew people are really noticing the change. so far, my face, neck, arms,wrist and belly have shrunk. right now, I'm off 1 week from working out due to some wrist problems. I might continue lifitng some weights again in about a week. tommorow, I would start targeting my abs exclusively.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom