STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Do you have to be a paid subscriber to get the deals? How does it work? Their website doesn’t mention subscription price

didn’t know it was a subscription model either so i hit their website, i believe it’s like $60 a month but you can opt out indefinitely as long as you do so before the 5th of every month (i wonder how many just end up buying things because they forget to opt out of a month 😮‍💨😂😂😂)

(i wonder how many just end up buying things because they forget to opt out of a month 😮‍💨😂😂😂)
giphy.gif

Just a simple pair of shorts and a t shirt is all you need for a workout.

It's crazy to me some of these companies have made so much money selling gym attire.

is it tho, this is a site dedicated to sneakers of a specific brand 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣…some people want to/are willing to spend more for brands, be it to stand out, for quality/reputation for quality, familiarity, status, affiliation, etc.

given how fitness has become more top of mind/visible, if not really popular in actuality (most people are still overweight/not in good shape) it should make sense that the market would capitalize on these realities. the wild thing to me is that almost every fitness personality has a clothing line/merch…it just seems not only vain (altho i understand folk are trying to get to the 💰 & secure themselves) but kinda wasteful, like does the world need another cheap lifestyle apparel brand…i get it but i don’t 🤷🏿‍♂️😂

didn’t know it was a subscription model either so i hit their website, i believe it’s like $60 a month but you can opt out indefinitely as long as you do so before the 5th of every month (i wonder how many just end up buying things because they forget to opt out of a month 😮‍💨😂😂😂)
So I can sign up now and not pay the $60 subscription for this month? And next month as long as I do it by the 5th? And you can just “delete” you account when necessary? Trying to get a few pairs of those 2 for $24 shorts :lol:

That's how they get you, you'll forget because literally nothing else works like that. If I remember you can only delay within a certain period so you can't just order and do it today.

That's how they get you, you'll forget because literally nothing else works like that. If I remember you can only delay within a certain period so you can't just order and do it today.

EXACTLY! they’re not going to let you sign up and then immediately opt out 😂, i’d imagine to you have to wait at least until the next opt out period…$60 a month is at least $720 a year 🤣🤣🤣 but i’d imagine it only takes one-time of forgetting before people either set a reminder or just end their membership, genius strategy if a risky one 😂

I ordered some shorts and a hoodie from them once. They def got me on an extra month on the subscription :lol:
I didn’t really like their shorts tho. I got my normal size and they were way too small. But I just prefer shorts without the lining and to be on the thin side

from the week before last, took most of this past week light because my left knee was going through it 😂😅 now i’m getting a weird sensation in my right calf and a crazy strain/tingle in the neck this week…nothing makes you feel 👴🏿 like random pains popping up out of nowhere 😂

Lower body has been feeling great these past few months. May actually try doing some jumping workouts again. If it doesn't go well this time, I'm just gonna have to chalk it up to being too washed.

Don’t think I’ve ever copped from a fitness apparel company. I already have shirts and shorts lol.

Those companies so popular cuz ppl care more about their image at the gym than their training. All the OGs just rock an old hoodie and you straight

Hoodie, black shorts, and some retro Jordans.

That’s all me baby.

I can't lie, I'm absolutely dipped when it comes to the apparel. 85% of my wardrobe is premium athletic gear. I don't care if it's vain, the **** looks really good on me and I love the aesthetic, plus the comfort is simply unmatched.

I've worked remotely for the past 5 years, worked in sports before that, was a competitive athlete before that. It's always just made sense to wear what's essentially running/training/gym attire on a daily basis, years before the athleisure trend hit.

But the athleisure crowd are definitely who the fitness apparel companies are catering too. It doesn't make sense to spend money on something you're strictly gonna wear to the gym and sweat through a couple of hours out the week. It makes way more sense to spend a little bread if you're gonna wear it daily in most non-formal settings.

In that context quality and style are important and there's noticeable differences across brands.

Nike Running apparel and Lululemon are kind of the baseline for me. Vuori has good stuff too, also like Ten Thousand. Almost all apparel across Nike's other lines of business is poor or meh quality.

My favorite brand by far right now is Tracksmith.

Back
Top Bottom