STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

unimpressed.png

All "sanitizers" aren't the same in every gym. Most people don't follow the concept of 'contact time' so that would help.

You shouldn't be using a "squat machine" w/e that is. Get yo h**-a** in a rack, son.

Most people don't wipe off DBs or cable attachements and that's where germs are concentrated.

Lot of gyms have dress codes, nobody follows them.

And lastly, Texas sun's out, buns out.
troll.png

This TX heat too damn much bruh

IMG_5805.jpeg

While I was never in the military... both of my parents were.

Politics aside... I respect the fact that military soldiers exercise daily in those types of conditions.

Part of me exercising outside in the heat is to challenge myself to complete tasks under those conditions as well.

So far, so good.

While I was never in the military... both of my parents were.

Politics aside... I respect the fact that military soldiers exercise daily in those types of conditions.

Part of me exercising outside in the heat is to challenge myself to complete tasks under those conditions as well.

So far, so good.

Technically those are Black Flag conditions, no one is suppose to exercise in those temps..It's sort of like damaging government property. Combat training/field time on the other hand is different

Yeah when it’s that hot. I believe you’re supposed to be doing maybe 10 minutes of “work” followed by 50 minutes of “rest”. I been in 14 years and don’t think I’ve seen that work/rest cycle yet :lol:

sun's been baking this past 2 weeks. already tanned which I don't prefer. like my fair complexion better. also, my wrist have those tan mark since I'm wearing my outdoor work watch most of the time. I don't even stay for too long under the sun but I guess it's just that sunny.

Technically those are Black Flag conditions, no one is suppose to exercise in those temps..It's sort of like damaging government property. Combat training/field time on the other hand is different

I am trying to heighten my maximum baseline level of health.

I feel like exercising responsibly for as long as I can outside at maximum temperatures is a test of my health and level of endurance.

I feel like when I was in high school... going through football double sessions in the heat... was when my maximum baseline level of health was the highest.

I feel like that experience then helps me with my exercise experiences now.

I am just trying new things, and assessing the results.

So far, thankfully, so good.

granted there could be some translatable bits here and there but it's so over the top & OD that it wouldn't be applicable nor even desirable for most; which I think is basically the point. there are so many general & lower hanging fruit to check off before anyone would need to attempt to sprint full speed on a curved treadmill while dodging moderately weighted projectiles 🤣🤣🤣

I’m saying there’s more than just some transferable bits, strictly with the regard to sprinting with additional stimulus.

Look into chaos coordination, think a running back having to see and hit the hole and accelerate while being grabbed, or a soccer player carrying the ball at speed while taking physical hits.

I think the other stuff and the video overall was a joke, but high intensity sprinting while simultaneously having to react, engage core and upper body muscles, maintain gate etc, is definitely functional training that transfers to sport.

Working out in the heat ain't bad. You just have to know when to stop and dial it back. I'm getting pretty excited about it only being 95 degrees this weekend.

About to get me a weighted vest. Those things are pretty expensive though from what I've seen. It'll definitely make taking walks more fun and challenging.

I’m saying there’s more than just some transferable bits, strictly with the regard to sprinting with additional stimulus.

Look into chaos coordination, think a running back having to see and hit the hole and accelerate while being grabbed, or a soccer player carrying the ball at speed while taking physical hits.

I think the other stuff and the video overall was a joke, but high intensity sprinting while simultaneously having to react, engage core and upper body muscles, maintain gate etc, is definitely functional training that transfers to sport.

nah, i get what you’re referring to but even if their potential clientele was pros/high level amateurs they probably wouldn’t have them doing any of that sort of stuff on a treadmill 😮‍💨😂 with any frequency if at all…seems like it be way too much exposure to injury risk for something that they are already exposed to in sport & can be replicated in a way that would be much more applicable without treadmills…

obviously all the dudes in that lane are fit enough to do those feats, but i can’t imagine they actually implement anything that resembles that stuff for the folk they train…

for whatever reason i arbitrarily decided to jym everyday this week as experiment, so far so good 😅

6/6 this week :smokin One Of the major benefits is that it has really helped with my sleep and energy throughout the day.

this is days of the week? is that a sustainable frequency for you?

Not trying to jinx myself because there is still one day left but bout to wrap up Week 7 of 6/6 tomorrow :nthat:

I've had to cut my cardio time in half this week (cut out any Peloton machines or running) but for some reason combined with light lunches it has made a significant impact :lol: I'm not going to complain but I guess it speaks volumes to what I was eating before? Feels like many things may have changed to be able to pinpoint it

Not trying to jinx myself because there is still one day left but bout to wrap up Week 7 of 6/6 tomorrow :nthat:

I've had to cut my cardio time in half this week (cut out any Peloton machines or running) but for some reason combined with light lunches it has made a significant impact :lol: I'm not going to complain but I guess it speaks volumes to what I was eating before? Feels like many things may have changed to be able to pinpoint it

yo, it’s 5/5 so far for me a while i don’t feel gassed i definitely was consciously taking it easy a couple of these sessions because i knew i was coming in the next day…failed a 525 deficit deadlift & 60in box jump, hit 405 elevated heel back squat full depth kinda clean, did some band assisted 405 front squat singles, landed 4/6 backg\flips attempted, hooped a bit, jumped a bit too…2 more days to go 😮‍💨

yo, it’s 5/5 so far for me a while i don’t feel gassed i definitely was consciously taking it easy a couple of these sessions because i knew i was coming in the next day…failed a 525 deficit deadlift & 60in box jump, hit 405 elevated heel back squat full depth kinda clean, did some band assisted 405 front squat singles, landed 4/6 backg\flips attempted, hooped a bit, jumped a bit too…2 more days to go 😮‍💨
My guy still doing heavy work on his easy days :lol: :nthat:

My guy still doing heavy work on his easy days :lol: :nthat:

🤣 nah, not the case at all, only went heavy on 2/5 days so far…really only 1 day because the assisted front squats were more of a mental thing than being that taxing, the other days were light work like light plyometrics along with the accessories & unilateral stuff i usually neglect 😂

I saw it watching a Chris Jones video. It was so preventable man. It was clear he wasn't going anywhere and his spotter (who was too far back and bad hand placement) was pushing him to keep going.

🤦🏿‍♂️ just watched it 🤬…never understood that type of spot especially with a heavy squat, there was another dude there beside the lifter & the spotter, would have been much better to for them be on either side of lifter…because the spotter was behind the lifter, he couldn’t dump it behind him…sad he went out like that

🤦🏿‍♂️ just watched it 🤬…never understood that type of spot especially with a heavy squat, there was another dude there beside the lifter & the spotter, would have been much better to for them be on either side of lifter…because the spotter was behind the lifter, he couldn’t dump it behind him…sad he went out like that

Usually at that weight a single back spotter is all that's needed.

You just need someone to help you past the sticking point once the bar stops moving upwards. Worst case, the back spotter pulls the weight off your back while simultaneously pushing/kicking you out from under it.

Dude absolutely coulda dumped it behind him; it's on the spotter to get out of the way.

RIP though.
rip.gif

No idea why you wouldn't be in a cage with safety bars on each side if you're going that heavy.

Back
Top Bottom