STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

it's true that making a habit out of it is the key. but I guess motivation can be the tricky part of it. most people's idea of an exercise/training is more of an optional task rather than a necessary/mandatory task.

No argument here. Most folks that don't workout regularly lack 'real' motivation to do so.

I'm sure there's also a correlation of having the discipline to eat well and exercise. The people viewing exercise as an optional task probably aren't too strict with their diets either, but I digress.

All true but I think it’s more important to make fitness enjoyable 1st that way you can sustain. No way you’re going to make a habit out of something you dislike doing.

From the outside looking in, sounds easy but everyone who’s consistent in the gym now went through the growing pains and I’m pretty confident everyone in this forum thinks the gym is fun and enjoyable so it’s nothing to wake up early or slide through when you’re not feeling it.

Careful it's not cut with fenty

i don’t know why this went over my head because i was thinking you were talking about russ’s outfit being cut by rihanna’s brand ‘fenty’ 🤣🤣🤣 & not whatever it is combo guard chiefing on 😮‍💨 being laced with it

I think Im overdoing the weight loss. 205lbs and the booty shorts are sagging. This is not exactly what I wanted.

what was it you were going for?

All true but I think it’s more important to make fitness enjoyable 1st that way you can sustain. No way you’re going to make a habit out of something you dislike doing.

From the outside looking in, sounds easy but everyone who’s consistent in the gym now went through the growing pains and I’m pretty confident everyone in this forum thinks the gym is fun and enjoyable so it’s nothing to wake up early or slide through when you’re not feeling it.

Black Kid GIFs | Tenor

Much like my job, I wouldn't show up to the gym if I'd still get the same benefits regardless.
francis.png

i don’t know why this went over my head because i was thinking you were talking about russ’s outfit being cut by rihanna’s brand ‘fenty’ 🤣🤣🤣 & not whatever it is combo guard chiefing on 😮‍💨 being laced with it

what was it you were going for?

Brolic lean. I think im just getting skinny. :lol: Arms look ok. Chest smaller than I want. Glutes atrophied. Im down to a 34 waist and medium shirt.

Last edited:
Brolic lean. I think im just getting skinny. :lol: Arms look ok. Chest smaller than I want. Glutes atrophied. Im down to a 34 waist and medium shirt.

yea i remember you saying you were kinda run down from doing a wild amount of activity from the washed thread 😮‍💨…more calories & less activity are the obvious simple prescriptions if you’re trying to reverse the current trend, i’m not an hypertrophy guy so i don’t have recommendations but since you have specific aesthetic goals for chest, maybe someone here has a suggestion for a focused program for that

you see that's the thing. in general, even before getting started going to the gym and having conversations with people at work about gym work, the general consensus is that they have no time allotted for it, difficult, lots of hardwork. a very limited number of 1 starts and give up on the first try. somehow, it also helps to have a swimming/gym/workout buddy as well.

I remember when I was taking up some courses a few years ago and out of 30 people, I only manage to get 1 person that took it seriously. in that class, there were only 2 of us that have background in swimming. mind you the other person was a former fatty. fatter than yours truly.

you see that's the thing. in general, even before getting started going to the gym and having conversations with people at work about gym work, the general consensus is that they have no time allotted for it, difficult, lots of hardwork. a very limited number of 1 starts and give up on the first try. somehow, it also helps to have a swimming/gym/workout buddy as well.

I remember when I was taking up some courses a few years ago and out of 30 people, I only manage to get 1 person that took it seriously. in that class, there were only 2 of us that have background in swimming. mind you the other person was a former fatty. fatter than yours truly.

on top of being kinda boring, unnatural, & repetitive, the gym can be an intimidating place...if not actually, definitely conceptually when you don't have experience in that realm, in that respect a program certainly helps & probably would be the preferred introduction to training…

i do think to go from doing not much to becoming a consistent gymgoer is rough/tough...much easier to start taking progressive steps to make that transition easier.l, like doing short walks, or doing something actually enjoyable that can inspire & motivate the need to get fitter...

as someone who is much more into sport than training that's how i see it 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited:
on top of being kinda boring, unnatural, & repetitive, the gym can be an intimidating place...if not actually, definitely conceptually when you don't have experience in that realm, in that respect a program certainly helps & probably would be the preferred introduction to training...i

do think to go from doing not much to becoming a consistent gymgoer is rough/tough...much easier to start taking progressive steps to make that transition easier.l, like doing short walks, or doing something actually enjoyable that can inspire & motivate the need to get fitter...

as someone who is much more into sport than training that's how i see it 🤷🏿‍♂️
the only time that I felt intimated was the very first time I went to a gym and that was way back in h.s. and my couzin just brought me along with me. I was a skinny young kid in the gym and started to lift some weights. after that, it was more like an ordinary place. gyms nowadays from what I see is more inviting now catering to various demographics as opposed to gym bros back then.

on the otherhand, I just finished with my 4th day yesterday and I guess I'll make this my rest day. we'll see how I did after 1 more week but so far I'm feeling better inspite of the nagging plantar fasciitis I'm having as of the moment.

been able to squat 405 pretty consistently (only for singles tho) despite being off creatine & no caffeine, scale not really moving tho…stuck in the high 220s/low 230s even with seeing new vascularity/veins in my quads/thighs, guess it’s time to switch it up a bit

Getting another part of my tattoo sleeve done next week so I’ll be off for 2-3 weeks. Gonna lose all kinds of gainZzzzzzZzz

Once that heals I’ll be prepping for my competition

was going chill this week and only hit the pool but figured midas whale lift something when i got to the gym form was looking kinda crazy as the weight went up tho 😂 been failing front squats w/315 after hitting them fairly consistently it’s in my head now…deadlifts & bench tomorrow maybe

last week in mediocre backflip attempts 😮‍💨

was going chill this week and only hit the pool but figured midas whale lift something when i got to the gym form was looking kinda crazy as the weight went up tho 😂 been failing front squats w/315 after hitting them fairly consistently it’s in my head now…deadlifts & bench tomorrow maybe

last week in mediocre backflip attempts 😮‍💨

guess I'll be doing some deadlifts today.

Is crossfit still big around you guys? I signed up a few weeks ago and so far I've been to 4-5 classes. I like how I can get in a great workout in less than an hour and the members all seem nice. I'm mainly looking to lose some weight and relieve some stress.

Is crossfit still big around you guys? I signed up a few weeks ago and so far I've been to 4-5 classes. I like how I can get in a great workout in less than an hour and the members all seem nice. I'm mainly looking to lose some weight and relieve some stress.

there probably could be better ways to address either ‘goal’ but cool if it works for you, just have to be able to pace yourself appropriately for whatever the workout of the day is, to still challenge yourself but not go too far beyond your capabilities…the thing i remember about crossfit is how the movements & volume would wear people down

Negged.
stopitslime.png

Hey newbs come get your mans. He prolly don't eem #Powda or have a gym bag.
man-removebg-preview-1-25-removebg-preview.png

troll.png

there probably could be better ways to address either ‘goal’ but cool if it works for you, just have to be able to pace yourself appropriately for whatever the workout of the day is, to still challenge yourself but not go too far beyond your capabilities…the thing i remember about crossfit is how the movements & volume would wear people down

Speed kills, on the roads and in the gym.
francis.png

there’s nothing inherently wrong with crossfit as a modality. just make sure that you check your ego and that the coaches keep people in check and are there to teach. it’s easy to get hurt when throwing weights around “for time”

i did it for 5 years and was lucky to have a bunch of great coaches. i learned a ton not just about lifting but recovering and helping other people. i had even started to get into coaching when the box i went to went under.

depending on your goals, there might be more efficient ways. if you wanna get big, hypertrophy. if you want to build cardio endurance, running/sprints. the thing with crossfit is you’ll get better at a lot of things at once just at a slower rate. but the biggest thing crossfit has going for it is the community built if boxes. that alone will keep people going back when that might have gave up when lifting on their own

Back
Top Bottom