STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Is crossfit still big around you guys? I signed up a few weeks ago and so far I've been to 4-5 classes. I like how I can get in a great workout in less than an hour and the members all seem nice. I'm mainly looking to lose some weight and relieve some stress.
not around my area. the typical gym workout is still the popular choice. boxing didn't really do well in my area. martial was good and booming business. most gym businesses now especially the independent ones are built among members or community. as far as people going in my gym noawadays, hate people that loiter around with their phones while occupying the equipment or benches.

not around my area. the typical gym workout is still the popular choice. boxing didn't really do well in my area. martial was good and booming business. most gym businesses now especially the independent ones are built among members or community. as far as people going in my gym noawadays, hate people that loiter around with their phones while occupying the equipment or benches.

Pull up then.
birdman2.png

there’s nothing inherently wrong with crossfit as a modality. just make sure that you check your ego and that the coaches keep people in check and are there to teach. it’s easy to get hurt when throwing weights around “for time”

i did it for 5 years and was lucky to have a bunch of great coaches. i learned a ton not just about lifting but recovering and helping other people. i had even started to get into coaching when the box i went to went under.

depending on your goals, there might be more efficient ways. if you wanna get big, hypertrophy. if you want to build cardio endurance, running/sprints. the thing with crossfit is you’ll get better at a lot of things at once just at a slower rate. but the biggest thing crossfit has going for it is the community built if boxes. that alone will keep people going back when that might have gave up when lifting on their own

Idk how coaches can keep other people's egos in check, but yeah, XF won't really have you excelling in any one thing. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, depending on what your goals/motivation are/is.

It's the classic jack of all trades route. It only took me about 8 months when I first started to lift to become bigger than just about anyone at the box on base.

It prolly took me a little less than a year to be posting higher S/B/D totals than 99% of those folks too.

Most probably had more mobility and maybe "athleticism" yhan I did and just about all of the guys could have probably beat me in a 5K though.

I personally think CrossFit is overrated and wouldn't recommend it to anyone I knew, but it's better than being a couch potato and them Icelandic pro CrossFit girls are
noah.png
. A box membership is also prolly more expensive.
hubie.png

Good luck robotea robotea .

Idk how coaches can keep other people's egos in check, but yeah, XF won't really have you excelling in any one thing. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, depending on what your goals/motivation are/is.

It's the classic jack of all trades route. It only took me about 8 months when I first started to lift to become bigger than just about anyone at the box on base.

It prolly took me a little less than a year to be posting higher S/B/D totals than 99% of those folks too.

Most probably had more mobility and maybe "athleticism" yhan I did and just about all of the guys could have probably beat me in a 5K though.

I personally think CrossFit is overrated and wouldn't recommend it to anyone I knew, but it's better than being a couch potato and them Icelandic pro CrossFit girls are
noah.png
. A box membership is also prolly more expensive.
hubie.png

Good luck robotea robotea .

a good coach will tell people to drop weight they can’t handle. they’ll also tell people to slow down when they’re sacrificing form for speed. it should be obvious but people scared to hurt feelings/customers

a good coach will tell people to drop weight they can’t handle. they’ll also tell people to slow down when they’re sacrificing form for speed. it should be obvious but people scared to hurt feelings/customers

i get that’s the jahhb, but it’s a lot of responsibility to put on the coaches to be paying attention/see/watch each person do every rep, especially as the workout progresses & fatigue sets in…never been into the crossfit thing but i think if a person is competitive, a former athlete, and/or is into the external motivation of the communal/social aspect of being able to commiserate around experience(s), crossfit will at least up that person’s general fitness substantially to the extent they are able avoid injury, find the appropriate intensity for their level of fitness, get through the grind of it…

i get that’s the jahhb, but it’s a lot of responsibility to put on the coaches to be paying attention/see/watch each person do every rep, especially as the workout progresses & fatigue sets in…never been into the crossfit thing but i think if a person is competitive, a former athlete, and/or is into the external motivation of the communal/social aspect of being able to commiserate around experience(s), crossfit will at least up that person’s general fitness substantially to the extent they are able avoid injury, find the appropriate intensity for their level of fitness, get through the grind of it…

it is but there’s a reason why a good box will max out classes at 15-20 people and have 1-2 coaches per class. once you’ve coached certain people long enough you know who to keep an eye on more so than others. it’s really not all that difficult once you get to know people. there are also people that are the opposite and you need to push

as a former athlete that’s the part that got me with crossfit. i liked the challenge of it. you say it with yourself but there’s always the one guy in class you try to beat :lol:

it is but there’s a reason why a good box will max out classes at 15-20 people and have 1-2 coaches per class. once you’ve coached certain people long enough you know who to keep an eye on more so than others. it’s really not all that difficult once you get to know people. there are also people that are the opposite and you need to push

as a former athlete that’s the part that got me with crossfit. i liked the challenge of it. you say it with yourself but there’s always the one guy in class you try to beat :lol:

i worked pretty closely with a company that was integrated w/crossfit…so i saw some of the damage up close 😂 because there was a lot of overlap in the venn diagram of those aspects of competitiveness, former athletes, community/social ties etc.; when we started working with crossfit all you’d hear was people talking about the daily workout who did what better for what time, or how they got injured, or how beat up they were, a serious madness 🤣🤣🤣…it got super cultish, but that’s ideally what you’d want for building any type of organization

Back
Top Bottom