STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

women’s biology/physiology is pretty fascinating in this regard, female athletes are so many times more likely to blow out their acls because of their hips being wider and the angles it creates in relation to their knees, or something like that…then there’s also a thing where at a certain point in their cycle (if they are even still having their monthly, which is a whole other thing) women’s joints become more lax making them even more prone to injury…

This is true. Something with their Q angle and relative lack of quad strength. There is probably more to it.

This is true. Something with their Q angle and relative lack of quad strength. There is probably more to it.

had to look back into this to be sure i wasn’t making stuff up 😂, it is somewhat about lack of relative strength altho supposedly female athlete do tend to have strong quads but relatively weak hamstrings on top of their joints being more lax because of their estrogen, the cycle thing is more of a theory than proven fact…

hit 240x2 for bench but struggled to get 225x3, played around and put 315 on the bar and surprisingly was unable to unrack it 😂 but laaaawd it was heavy…going to try to be consistent with bench but not max out

I’m saying bro!! The **** does your cable/internet have to do with you getting that Nike Training Club work in?

Having said that, I actually feel you because I am lowkey stuck at the office right now because it’s thunderstorming with a tornado watch outside and I got new shoes on that I’m not going to get wet :lol:

Got it in this AM already btw :nthat:
1691450309526.png

Can’t workout in complete silence or nothing to glance at.

Don’t like hearing when I’m breathing hard. Lol

Y’all going hard on FlightNikes FlightNikes but I’m not eem mad because I know his next workout is bout to be his best in a minute because of it :lol:

Past two days I goofed with my lunch+post-lunch choices but hoping to get back on track Thursday and not derailed on Friday |l

Can’t workout in complete silence or nothing to glance at.

Don’t like hearing when I’m breathing hard. Lol

i used to be the same way, needed to have some chill music playing to keep mellow or distract me more or less, especially when i wasn’t particularly into the workout, i just switched up to doing stuff i could be more focused in on/enjoy…i don’t even think about it anymore

Asking for my co worker ( i really am :lol: ) , anyone have experience with apple cider vinegar ? Pills or liquid. He's just curious if it's a fad or does it work .

Asking for my co worker ( i really am :lol: ) , anyone have experience with apple cider vinegar ? Pills or liquid. He's just curious if it's a fad or does it work .

I tried the actual drink with lemon juice and even after a month, I just couldn't drink it without feeling nauseaus. Hell, I just got nauseaus now thinking about it:lol:

I take the chewable ones though and it's a lot more tolerable although I can't really tell much of a difference.

kinda lightweight tweaked my low back with my last session a couple days ago, didn’t hit me until a put in a couple hours in office at the desk chair by the time i got back to my spot i was in a bad way 😮‍💨…it’s clearing up now tho going to have to see how much later tonight

uhhh I don't think you should be in the 'washed' thread after seeing this. def not washed. lol

I strained my back just watching this lift...

kinda lightweight tweaked my low back with my last session a couple days ago, didn’t hit me until a put in a couple hours in office at the desk chair by the time i got back to my spot i was in a bad way 😮‍💨…it’s clearing up now tho going to have to see how much later tonight

you gave up too quick, you had that ****
😮‍💨 it’s tough for me to grind out lifts , especially with deadlifts…grip always gives out. maybe i’ll have better luck on a caffeinated day 😂

Go into gym battles without your #POWDA!, brehs.
francis.png

Go into gym battles without your #POWDA!, brehs.
francis.png

nah, i save caffeine on a day where i know i’m going to need max effort be it for jumps or a planned max lift and never more than once a week, i want maximum efficacy when using it as a stimulant…wasn’t planning for anything this day, just thought 525 moved cool, normally i would have went up +15 but since it was the only lift i had time for just decided to go up +30 and send it 🙃

still got another month and half before i start using creatine again, haven’t really felt a difference and still getting similar numbers

Weight training has been scaled back significantly in recent years in the NBA with a focus on resistance and mobility, lifting weights during the season is nearly zero. OF course I am not on any team so can't speak to facts, but even MJ's trainer came out about this a few years back an article from QG-

“You have so much more technology, so much more resources, less contact, and still more injuries. It’s mindboggling to me. It’s because everything is rubber band, everything is resistance, everything is cable. There are teams in the NBA right now that don’t even have a weight room"

Grover did have MJ workout out on game days, but never legs and very early in the morning, (10+ hours before game time)

OF course you can form your own conclusions, and I might have pulled my achilles regardless, but I doubt it honestly

was watching this & thought of this post, talks about some of the things you mentioned

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer working out with sleeves and/or full length compression tights? Not sure if it is the temp inside the crib but throughout this heat wave that is what I have been gravitating towards :lol: Copped some new random tops because I realized some were old as hell

nah, i save caffeine on a day where i know i’m going to need max effort be it for jumps or a planned max lift and never more than once a week, i want maximum efficacy when using it as a stimulant…wasn’t planning for anything this day, just thought 525 moved cool, normally i would have went up +15 but since it was the only lift i had time for just decided to go up +30 and send it 🙃

still got another month and half before i start using creatine again, haven’t really felt a difference and still getting similar numbers

Once a week max? No sacred Breatine Brystals?

ezgif-2-0abf271375.gif

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer working out with sleeves and/or full length compression tights? Not sure if it is the temp inside the crib but throughout this heat wave that is what I have been gravitating towards :lol: Copped some new random tops because I realized some were old as hell

I preferred wearing sleeves when I was Black Adam.
francis.png

Now that I've become the Tank Top Master Tank Top Master I prefer no sleeves up top and the AND1s on the bottom.
troll.png

I only workout in sleeves on back squat days, even in the dead of winter. Now the Broads, Fats, and Weaks get treated to the gun show for free year-round like a Season Pass.
lawd.png

Once a week max? No sacred Breatine Brystals?

ezgif-2-0abf271375.gif

yea i’ve never even been a coffee/tea drinker or a preworkout guy(never really even had a conception of preworkout or fueling for activity until i started lifting, in fact i would purposely not eat before activity for most of my sporting life)…and when i 1st started using caffeine i think i went too crazy at 1st and already felt the diminishing returns of using it multiple times in a week…

removing creatine from supplementation is more of an experiment to see how it would impact energy/lifts and so far i can’t say it has in session but i do think it could be resulting in longer recovery/feeling more sluggish post workouts

the only thing i try to be fairly consistent with supplementing is collagen for joint & tendon health

Back
Top Bottom