Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by ccb21040

my lazy #+$ just started back working out yesteday. hopefully i can stay consistent this time!!! but does anyone know any good exercises for you forearms??
nerd.gif
Reverse Curls

Wrist Curls work too.

At my gym we have a rope with 2 PVC pipes attached to both ends. You can load weight on one end, then grab the other end and roll the rope up.

did chest, obliques, abs, lover back, and hamstrings today along with cardio for about 45 min. feelin much better than yesterday.

tomorrow is back, deads, and legs,

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Anyone try Trueprprotein.com? The customization is a good look.
prices are not though. 10 lbs of WPI is over $100. doesn't make much sense.

Edit: i take it back , i pay more than half that for 4.6 lb tubs, so that's actually a better deal.

how good is the quality? i know iiceman posted some protein a while back that was really high-grade, unflavored, etc.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

By the way, I couldn't find that MGN isolate...so are there any other good isolates that you guys can recommend? I was at Vitamin shoppe and they had AST or Isopure.
MGN is online strictly I believe. This is why their prices are pretty low. You'll get it in a week. You're not going to see anothercomparable brand under $20 for a 2 lb supply for sure though. Isopure is decent, but it's $$$...it will add up especially if you're planning on takingit on a regular basis.

HELP! I'm having an emergancy!

I got a crazy urge to go enjoy some ice cream out the freezer and watch W. , but I know it's no good for me! How devistating would the damage be? Saveme...

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I got a crazy urge to go enjoy some ice cream out the freezer and watch W. , but I know it's no good for me! How devistating would the damage be? Save me...
Just do it. You only live once. I feel it's better to enjoy eating whatever you like (to a certain extent), then to eat healthy all the time.As long as your in shape, go for it pal!

I had some frozen yogurt tonight myself
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

I got a crazy urge to go enjoy some ice cream out the freezer and watch W. , but I know it's no good for me! How devistating would the damage be? Save me...
Just do it. You only live once. I feel it's better to enjoy eating whatever you like (to a certain extent), then to eat healthy all the time. As long as your in shape, go for it pal!

tongue.gif
Haha, don't listen to this guy.

If you want to eat it, go ahead, but force yourself to eat it in a mirror without a shirt on...or pants on for that matter.

How many protein shakes to so you consume a day?

Obviously 1 after workout, and 1 before bed? Stuff is expensive

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Just do it. You only live once. I feel it's better to enjoy eating whatever you like (to a certain extent), then to eat healthy all the time. As long as your in shape, go for it pal!

tongue.gif

If you want to eat it, go ahead, but force yourself to eat it in a mirror without a shirt on...or pants on for that matter.
That's a little extreme.
laugh.gif

Whenever I get a bad craving for some sweets, I just say %!*% it, and pig out.
grin.gif

I always feel fat as hell afterward though.
frown.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif
I resisted. I had a botle of water instead. Did the job.

Yeah man, isopure is hellaaaa bank. It was 42 at the vitamin shoppe for a 2lb canister. I was thinking to myself "this @@!+ is more expensive thancrack!"

just get up n go for a small 1 mile run, really isnt all that hard. I was in here like 3months ago and now I'm running 6miles every 3days. Im shooting for8miles next week. the rest of my time i hit the weights, and do abbs. Illl be In the GYM for a good HR and a half.

Originally Posted by FR3SH like UgHH

anybody try Gaspari SizeOn after work out?

it's a creatine...
size on is INTRA

which means you should sip it during your work out

superpump/size on stack will bulk you crazy

id recc that stack for more serious folks in the gym who are looking to put on mass not somebody who is working on getting in shape or into a schedule

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

tongue.gif

That's a little extreme.
laugh.gif

Whenever I get a bad craving for some sweets, I just say %!*% it, and pig out.
grin.gif

I always feel fat as hell afterward though.
frown.gif
no offense to any of yall but yall sound like women right now

Originally Posted by I3

How many protein shakes to so you consume a day?

Obviously 1 after workout, and 1 before bed? Stuff is expensive

I only do 1 after a workout but then before bed I don't drink a shake, instead I eat cottage cheese mixed w\ fat free yogurt. The reason why is because itsa slow digesting protein or something like that and thats better than a protein shake which is fast digesting protein. It's better to have slow digestingprotein when you're sleeping because thats a time of the day when you're not eating anything for along period of time and during that time you'rebody might burn muscle (or catabolic something) for energy. Not exactly sure though...

Whoever mentioned the book New Rules of Lifting that book is whats up
pimp.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif
I resisted. I had a botle of water instead. Did the job.

are y'all already in shape or still fat? ice cream is fine as long as you don't go overboard. i used to eat it everyday, but then again i was doingtwo a days so i couldn't get enough calories.

as far as eating what you want. if you seriously watch what you eat it doesn't hurt to give yourself a meal or two a week to eat what you want. personally if i am training hard and eating very clean six days a week i take one day as a cheat day and eat whatever i want. i've done it before and itnever hurt my progress nor did it change my physique for the worse. you just can't let your cheat day turn into a couple of days then a week and you getthe idea.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by FR3SH like UgHH

anybody try Gaspari SizeOn after work out?

it's a creatine...
size on is INTRA

which means you should sip it during your work out

superpump/size on stack will bulk you crazy

id recc that stack for more serious folks in the gym who are looking to put on mass not somebody who is working on getting in shape or into a schedule

yo a1...

if i work out at night...

like 9-10 pm...

will i have trouble going to sleep if i stack those?

When do you go to bed? Many people say not to take it if you plan to go to bed within three hours.

^ He's right. Last summer when I was trying to get lean for a trip to Hawai'i, I couldn't help but cheat and eat sweets or even have a night ortwo/week of drinking. In the long run, after only about 3 months, I found that I wasn't cheating at all. I was rewarding myself, because the progress stillcame.

The important part is to keep your motivation and work out habits. As long as the majority of the week is filled with you eating healthy, you'll be fine.

Im all for being cautious and slow, but that might be a tad bit reserved.
Enh, I work in the gym all day, so I spend alot of time watching people doing things completely wrong and seeing people get injured because of it,so I guess I err on the side of caution most of the time. Biggest part of my job is keeping people safe and healthy while they're trying to get in shape. Hell, compared to some trainers, my approach is too quick. Some people keep their clients on machines the first month and then spend time doing a bunch ofstretches and balance exercises, but I feel like that's not necessarily gonna prep them right.

Word, if you don't 'cheat' sometimes its gonna mess up your head. Dieting its mostly mental IMO.

Arnold was NOT lying when he said the pump is on the greatest feelings ever. Just did like 3 sets of push ups to failure, just because and the feeling is
pimp.gif
.The pump is a great motivator imo

PanaRicanRetro wrote:
Im all for being cautious and slow, but that might be a tad bit reserved.
Enh, I work in the gym all day, so I spend alot of time watching people doing things completely wrong and seeing people get injured because of it, so I guess I err on the side of caution most of the time. Biggest part of my job is keeping people safe and healthy while they're trying to get in shape. Hell, compared to some trainers, my approach is too quick. Some people keep their clients on machines the first month and then spend time doing a bunch of stretches and balance exercises, but I feel like that's not necessarily gonna prep them right.

If youre approach as a trainer is too quick then im going at warp speed.
laugh.gif
I normally progress my clients much quicker than form practicing for a few weeks.

I typically keep them on machines for a few sessions, then move on from there depending on how well theyre progressing.

Back
Top Bottom