Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

About to go on vacation for 5 days...I feel so sluggish when I'm not able to workout
tired.gif

Originally Posted by jhendri5

Went back to my apartment this week to handle some business and fell into the fast food trap, gained a couple of pounds.
smh.gif
Fast food is ruining my weight loss efforts.
its probably water weight from all the sodium don't sweat it

Originally Posted by MarkyMark25

Anyone heard of the Paleo Diet? Or the Zone Diet?

Any thoughts?

forgive me if these questions have been asked. I just saw his post haha
I've heard pretty good review of the Paleo Diet. It seems alright, but I don't know all the details about it. It's basically a lowcarb diet that has some history to back it up, like the Warrior Diet. I've heard of a few people doing a Warrior Diet mixed with the Paleo Diet and haveheard of great progress.
The only real way to know if it's good is to actually try it though. I say go for it, you've got nothing to lose. Do it for a week and see how yourbody reacts.
I don't recommend the Zone Diet because it's extremely generic and it won't work for everyone.

Today's my last day of bulking, and tomorrow I want to start losing the fat that I gained during my bulk period.

I don't want to completely go on a low calorie diet because I want to get stronger.

How many calories should I eat if I want to get stronger and lose fat at the same?

Lost 15 pounds due to very bad food poisoning FTL (found out I had gotten e-coli) but at least Im alive.

Word to the wise, try to make sure the people making your food wash thier hands.

Been m.i.a from this thread for a while

Some decent info in here ....& some utter nonsense! "Your back is like a credit card!" ...."Military presses for triceps!" ....!+%??

Anyway keep it up everyone, my favourite workout in the morning ....legs!!! love it!!

Can someone recommend me a legit workout routine for biceps and triceps?

I've been doing the same routine for the past month, and I think it's time for a change.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

i feel like crap, i ate fast food today
smh.gif

Nothing wrong with that once in awhile......I may eat burger king and or mcdonalds twice a year....but cakes, ice cream and danishes get licked atleast 3x amonth....
I may even pig out for 4 days str8

Originally Posted by truubrasilian33

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

today I ate 1 LARGE can of tuna, 5 eggs 5 piece of grilled chicken and 2 protein shake which came to a total of 250g of protein but only around 1000 calories is this bad?

eek.gif
You don't need that much protein man
roll.gif

That's how much I'd need..

too much protein there. very hard for your stomach to digest.
you wana gain a great amount of mass or wat?
and a tip for ya'll never do the same lift more than twice a week.
i see some dudes hit the bench 4 times a week.
-DB bench is more effective than barbell bench.
-take your protein shake or have any kind of protein within 40 mins you workout if you dont its like working out for nothing.
-pullups is the best workout for me.
-people in the gym focus too much on upper body and barely do any legs..like squats,power cleans,deadlift.

I'm cutting weight so just trying to tone up. I'm happy with my arms legs and chest just trying to create a little more ab definition and maybe alittle more vascular biceps.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

smh.gif

Nothing wrong with that once in awhile......I may eat burger king and or mcdonalds twice a year....but cakes, ice cream and danishes get licked atleast 3x a month....

yea but im trying to lose some belly fat white working out, i mean of course its fine once in awhile but my metabolism has slowed down and need to keep workingout for atleast 2 more months before i can eat that crap.

Originally Posted by Shaky3

I've been doing the same routine for the past month, and I think it's time for a change.

Rarely do I do biceps and triceps on the same day. What works for me and always has is, back and bi's one day and chest and tri's another day.
But when I train arms I murder them.
After my chest workout and my tri's are already feeling the pain I may start off with some dips. Depending on how I angle myself, I either hit mostly mylower pecs or my tris (reps and sets to failure).
After that I may do close grip bench press at light weight to get the burn going (reps and sets to failure).
Then to the tri pulldown with either the rope,bar or both. I do 2 variations of this. One hitting the outer head of the tris more. Usually 5-6 sets to failure.Then if im up to it, the overhead extention. I only usually last about 3 sets
pimp.gif
Then to the one arm overhead dumbell extention (2 variations). Reps and sets to failure with elbows pointing outwards and then reps and sets with elbowspointing inwards. I found elbos pointing inwards hit the inner tri the best
pimp.gif

My bicep routine is basically the same. Different variations with reps and sets to failure. But I keep my weight light to moderate, This will isolate themuscle your working giving you the best results......

I want to slim down, need to lose probably 40 or 50 pounds, been running 2 miles 3 times a week since July, starting to get used to the soreness. I got anaccount on livestrong.com that plots what I eat/ do with my workouts that has really been good.

smh.gif

Nothing wrong with that once in awhile......I may eat burger king and or mcdonalds twice a year....but cakes, ice cream and danishes get licked atleast 3x a month....

yea but im trying to lose some belly fat white working out, i mean of course its fine once in awhile but my metabolism has slowed down and need to keep working out for atleast 2 more months before i can eat that crap.
Your right....Im being insensitive. You should feel like crap. Keep a str8 and foward mind. Keep going at it and the results will come.
After awhile fast food will taste so nasty

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yo im starting carb cycling again

second try since doin it in dr was not happenin
laugh.gif

ill post after pics assuming it works, its my first time doing it so i dunno. if it doesnt work ill do a traditional caloric deficit with normal macros.

if you have it typed up, you mind posting it?

Originally Posted by Shaky3

you should do back/bis one day then chest/tris on a diff day.

back and biceps: rows, deadlifts, pulldowns, and DB and BB curls.
chest and triceps: DB bench and BB bench (flat and incline), rope pulldowns, DB flyes, dips at the end

man, just got back from vacation. i hit the gym today, and found out i dropped 10 freaking pounds! wtFFF!
i was away for two weeks without a gym and protein was at a minimum. i didn't eat as well as i normally do.
my strength was down a bit today and i had to cut my workout a little short because i didn't think i could get through it.
any of you guys lose mass and regain it quickly?

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yo im starting carb cycling again

second try since doin it in dr was not happenin
laugh.gif

ill post after pics assuming it works, its my first time doing it so i dunno. if it doesnt work ill do a traditional caloric deficit with normal macros.

if you have it typed up, you mind posting it?
nothing typed up, i'm doing high carb day, low carb day, no carb day. in that order. low carb day carbs are consumed pre- and post- workout.i'm kinda half-assing it to be honest, not keeping track of my exact macros. but if anything i'm under for carbs on low day so it's not a hugedeal.

i hit the gym tonite for the 1st time in about 2 months. ive been sticking to eating correctly about 80-85% of the time so i necer gained a lot of weight. oneday i hit the scale i was 175 then 3 days later 178 then back down etc... Well since i havent been to the gym in a while i paid for it. man am i gonna be soretomorrow but NO PAIN NO GAIN. did back and bi's today. tomorrow tro's and legs with abs. cant for get cardio 30 mins daily. by dec i want to be down 15more lbs and more toned. wish me luck fellas

smh.gif

yea but im trying to lose some belly fat white working out, i mean of course its fine once in awhile but my metabolism has slowed down and need to keep working out for atleast 2 more months before i can eat that crap.
Your right....Im being insensitive. You should feel like crap. Keep a str8 and foward mind. Keep going at it and the results will come.
After awhile fast food will taste so nasty

I'm the opposite
laugh.gif
after weeks of Tuna and Chicken a Double-Double is
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom