STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

My 1st "restore". They really weren't that bad. Worn leather, dirt, and some scuffs.

Used a magic eraser on the soles and some angelus on the leather and scuffs

They ended up looking pretty good. Feeling pretty good with these parts now. Next pair I do I'm going to try to take the creases out.

Ace Athletics is always ridiculously high on the retros, only a matter of time before someone reports him and he loses his account

I know you're new to the area but the dude that owns Ace in east lib has been doing this for 20+ years. He'll never lose the account.

Nice nice. If you do want to handle the yellowed sole, a few hours under the light with some sole sauce will have them white again.. it works really well on the obsidians/playoffs soles.

Also, I think that its crazy that people want to change the Infrared to a more normal red. Whenever the varsity red 6s dropped in 2010 everyone was complaining about the red talking about they wanted infrared lol. I've only copped a few personal pairs in the last year - black/infrareds, columbia 4s and some 1s - and I love how the black/infrareds look on foot, just as good as when MJ rocked them.

I have a lightly worn pair of size 10 varsity reds from 2010, I don't even want them anymore now that I have the infrareds. :rofl:

I know you're new to the area but the dude that owns Ace in east lib has been doing this for 20+ years. He'll never lose the account.

Unless its a different guy, I'm pretty sure the guy who had the ace in south side lost his account then closed down. Remember hearing a few times he got caught and lost it.

Sean, sorry to say, but no matter how long he's done it, no matter who he is, he will lose his account if reported and investigated. DSG even lost their retro account for years because they didn't abide by Nike rules, just recently got retros again.

I learned all I needed to know about Ace in East Lib when I first moved here in November 2012 looking for Bred 4s.  I got to Ace the morning of release, 10 minutes before open - nobody in line, and and when I walked in, he told me all they had left was a size 14.  That was the first and last time I ever walked in there.

Sean, sorry to say, but no matter how long he's done it, no matter who he is, he will lose his account if reported and investigated. DSG even lost their retro account for years because they didn't abide by Nike rules, just recently got retros again.

You're acting like he's my boy or something, I hate the guy. Everyone does. He's been blatantly doing it for years and I'm sure he's been reported plenty of times.

I learned all I needed to know about Ace in East Lib when I first moved here in November 2012 looking for Bred 4s.  I got to Ace the morning of release, 10 minutes before open - nobody in line, and and when I walked in, he told me all they had left was a size 14.  That was the first and last time I ever walked in there.

Lol exactly. They get them 10-14 days early every time and start selling them the minute they get them out of the box. I starting buying shoes there when I was in 9th grade and was around for releases for years and dude still never showed any love... even David's would look out from time to time.

no, im just telling you he WILL lose his account if he is reported. anyone know of him being reported? its very possible no one has said anything and just continue to let it go on. if Dix can lose an account, what makes you think a little roach like him cant lose his?

Nice nice. If you do want to handle the yellowed sole, a few hours under the light with some sole sauce will have them white again.. it works really well on the obsidians/playoffs soles.

Do you have it in store? Can I use it inside with a normal light since Pittsburgh never sees the sun?

Well, i had to enlist some help. No way i would ever get one otherwise. How u get those federers?

v8erman v8erman Gotcha. Wish I could have scored a pair - I'm just taking the L on those at this point. Resell is too crazy now.

I got both my Feds from Niketown NYC. Made two road trips - it was actually fun!

I would have gladly ooped you but they were being SUPER strict on the one per customer rules for those releases. On the W/C release, they had tons of them stacked, and they wouldn't even let me grab a pair for the wife...

I would've taken that trip with you lol. I called them half thru the day and they still had sizes, I was pissed they wouldn't ship till Monday.

Welcome havelka! Love seeing more people on here

Back
Top Bottom