STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

These came in today finally after searching for them for a while...I love the 2011s, very comfortable (even more comfy with the red inserts)...such an underrated shoe in my opinion.
Congrats!  I have a pair of those, I ball in them too every now and then at the gym.  Every time I wear them I get all kinds of questions, seems like no one has ever seen them before...  Anyway, I really like they way these look, and they're GREAT basketball shoes to play in.  I tried the air max insoles, and those are definitely more comfortable to walk in, but as soon as I tried to play basketball in them I found myself "sinking" into the shoe.  I switched out to the zoom air inserts and it performs much better for me. Glad you got your pair!

Javier

Last edited:
Congrats!  I have a pair of those, I ball in them too every now and then at the gym.  Every time I wear them I get all kinds of questions, seems like no one has ever seen them before...  Anyway, I really like they way these look, and they're GREAT basketball shoes to play in.  I tried the air max insoles, and those are definitely more comfortable to walk in, but as soon as I tried to play basketball in them I found myself "sinking" into the shoe.  I switched out to the zoom air inserts and it performs much better for me. Glad you got your pair!

Javier
Thanks man, I never balled in them but heard before they were a great hoop shoe. I don't think the 2011s get enough talk now, read a lot of good reviews when they came out but seemed to die down, which is good for people who like them. I think they look good for hoopin or to just wear around. I just started wearing the neo lime ones recently n they always break necks.

Now I'm after the red n white pair next, then maybe the grey n red to complete the warrior pack.

I think I'm gonna head out there and maybe bring a few pairs that I wouldn't mind getting some nice cash for

^^^ how was that game last night??
Absolutely awesome! I could have left after the first inning they played so well. I haven't seen so many people at a weekday game since opening weekend, it was really a great atmosphere - even Clint Hurdle mentioned it in the post game press conference. Hopefully we can reclaim the best record in baseball this week... GO BUCS!

Javier

good to see em on feet, checked em out @ oneup and was underwhelmed myself though. maybe i'll end up grabbing a pair if they sit down there

good to see em on feet, checked em out @ oneup and was underwhelmed myself though. maybe i'll end up grabbing a pair if they sit down there
[/quote
They are a great shoe...mine came with cork insoles and may be my favorite shoe of summer

any details on the upcoming sneakercon? think its worth taking the day off?

What's going on? This is Sean Devine from Refresh PGH. As far as details about our upcoming "1st Annual Pittsburgh Sneaker Convention" things are coming together nicely. We definitely have a good amount of vendors/tables booked and we are looking forward to a big turnout. $20 presale tickets will be available starting this week. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Thanks for the support, we look forward to seeing everyone at the event!

Sean Devine
Refresh PGH

$20 for real??

Yes, $20. Attended sneaker events in Baltimore, DC, and NYC and they were $30-35+ each. Wanted to give a better price than that so with all the costs involved $20 is the most fair price we can offer. Definitely doing the event for the city and hope to at least break even... certainly not going to make anything from it but it is still 100% worth it to us just to throw an event for Pittsburgh.

For all of the Pittsburgh NTers PM me and I would be happy to get you guys a discounted ticket probably for $10 or something, we just have to try to at least break even. Thanks for the support though, we appreciate it either way.

I feel where you're coming from and your hard work towards this is definitely appreciated. At ten bucks I'll likely bring the lady but at twenty I'll be going solo.

Yes, $20. Attended sneaker events in Baltimore, DC, and NYC and they were $30-35+ each. Wanted to give a better price than that so with all the costs involved $20 is the most fair price we can offer. Definitely doing the event for the city and hope to at least break even... certainly not going to make anything from it but it is still 100% worth it to us just to throw an event for Pittsburgh.

For all of the Pittsburgh NTers PM me and I would be happy to get you guys a discounted ticket probably for $10 or something, we just have to try to at least break even. Thanks for the support though, we appreciate it either way.
Thanks for the update. Good to know it'll be a nice turnout. 20 does seem steep tho. Last one I went to was in Cleveland. Im pretty sure I spent 30 total for myself, wife, and 2 kids. I agree with skep, for 20 I'm flying solo.

Broke these out, haven't worn them in a looooong time. These are unpopular, but I've always like them (hence why I bought them) and the quality on these is FANTASTIC.

Back
Top Bottom