Stephon Marbury decides to sit out.

Stephon Marbury has decided not to play in the NBA this season and will instead focus on business opportunities while hoping to return in 2010-11.

"I'm resting, doing what Michael Jordan did, enjoy life, do things I haven't done in 16 years, keep building myempire," Marbury said. "I wasn't going to Boston for that money. It was a prudent business decision to take off this year."

Marbury also is not fond of the direction of the Knicks.

"I'm just talking as a fan and New Yorker who grew up loving the Knicks: why would I give you my money to watch them?" said Marbury."This is atrocious. Guys coming down court, just raising up 3-pointers from anywhere. The coaching is horrible. What kind of coaching is this?

"If they shoot like that in the game, imagine how they shoot in practice. New Yorkers deserve better decisions form the front office and New York Cityhas to deal with this mess."

Marbury doesn't anticipate LeBron James coming to the Knicks.

"LeBron isn't coming to a rebuilding team," Marbury said. "Why would he come to a rebuilding team? It makes no sense. Is this franchisebuilt to win a championship or to make money?"
umad.jpg

more..

He didn't have many options. Some believe he rattled the NBA establishment for hosting a 24-hour Ustream show in July during which he swallowed Vaseline because he lost his voice.

"It wasn't a trick, it's a black heritage thing and I did it to help me when I lost my voice," Marbury said. "People saw I was drinking a lot of tea. They said I was crazy. But if I'm hurt, why wouldn't I do something that helps me?"

Marbury has stopped training to work on deals with his Starbury company, which sells apparel online. Marbury said he's getting mom-and-pop stores in Brooklyn and Detroit to sell merchandise.

Marbury played 24 games for the Celtics and 14 playoff contests. Another year away from basketball surely hurts his market value.

"People can say what they want and act like God," Marbury said. "A year from now, you don't know what I'm going to be like. I got to 197 pounds last camp. I'm from the gutter. I can go anywhere."

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

What was the purpose of the umad pic though? He spoke the truth.
The coaching is horrible. What kind of coaching is this?

really? this dude is speaking on the pre season.

"If they shoot like that in the game, imagine how they shoot in practice.
I'm lost. is he implying they shoot worse in practice with no defense?

I've never been a fan of coming down the court just jackin, only reason it looked so good in Phx was because they actually have shooters.

Oh so STEPHON decided to sit out. Got it.

Man those various teams hoping to get him in as a key piece are not going to be pleased....

I am also sitting out of the NBA season. I can't afford to feed my family on the vets minimum...tell this guy to stop talking.

Steph is a basket case but 'm not really feeling the direction that the Knicks are taking either.

This is not a New York City team to me.

he has no other option but to sit out
laugh.gif

yehh i hear ya...a new york team would do anything to win...i thought this wouldve turned around after 3 years into being awful...its pretty sad...the knickshave always been up there with us as being consistently decent or good
ohwell.gif
...its tough for the new yorkers to see this...i know they expect a lot from their basketball team

yehh i hear ya...a new york team would do anything to win...i thought this wouldve turned around after 3 years into being awful
? this is year 2 of rebuilding.

Walsh has not went away from his plan, at all. I am perfectly content with the direction of this franchise.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

yehh i hear ya...a new york team would do anything to win...i thought this wouldve turned around after 3 years into being awful
? this is year 2 of rebuilding.

Walsh has not went away from his plan, at all. I am perfectly content with the direction of this franchise.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

RyGuy45:
Oh so STEPHON decided to sit out. Got it.

Man those various teams hoping to get him in as a key piece are not going to be pleased....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Steph is a basket case but 'm not really feeling the direction that the Knicks are taking either.

I feel the same way, but that's just how the NBA is now. There is no physical play or defense anymore. I knew it was a bad sign when Gallinarisaid that they call more fouls here than in Europe. We're the 'soft' league now.

"I'm just talking as a fan and New Yorker who grew up loving the Knicks: why would I give you my money to watch them?" said Marbury. "This is atrocious. Guys coming down court, just raising up 3-pointers from anywhere. The coaching is horrible. What kind of coaching is this?

"If they shoot like that in the game, imagine how they shoot in practice. New Yorkers deserve better decisions form the front office and New York City has to deal with this mess."

Was he conscious during his seasons with the Knicks?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom