Stephon Marbury to be at tonight's game between the Lakers and Knicks

Originally Posted by doyung9

Honestly, there's got to be more to this story than we know. I mean, look at the kind of bone headed $%$* that's gone on in New York for the last couple years... I think they're just bad from top to bottom. Owners to GM to Coach to Waterboys.
Yes, because a whole new regime wasn't brought in this year.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

I wouldn't stay home from a job I wanted my entire life. The nerve of him saying that he misses playing. He proved D'Antoni right by refusing to play.
People say this all the time, but like they say "familiarity breeds contempt" I could say I would never do my 'dream girl' wrongbut after some years with her, anything is possible.

Plus he never really refused anything. He just wasn't very agreeable when asked to play. At no point was it "Steph, get in the game"..."Uhnah coach I'm good" All this is, is a big battle of egos.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

laugh.gif
Even ESPN anchors were hatin'. They made sarcastic responses to those comments Steph made.
laugh.gif
i'd like to see a clip of this

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by doyung9

Honestly, there's got to be more to this story than we know. I mean, look at the kind of bone headed $%$* that's gone on in New York for the last couple years... I think they're just bad from top to bottom. Owners to GM to Coach to Waterboys.
Yes, because a whole new regime wasn't brought in this year.

Who hired Walsh?

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Starbury is my idol.
pimp.gif

getting PAID TO KICK IT!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

co-sign
pimp.gif
...i wanna be like steph when i grow up

anyways i was laughing throughout that whole interview during the game...i couldnt take whatever he was saying seriously because of his ridiculous tat
laugh.gif
...so what if he signed with the Lakers (God forbid) and he cant wear 3 becausemy boy trevor got it...that would be
roll.gif

0cks:
NYelectric:
I wouldn't stay home from a job I wanted my entire life. The nerve of him saying that he misses playing. He proved D'Antoni right by refusing to play.
People say this all the time, but like they say "familiarity breeds contempt" I could say I would never do my 'dream girl' wrong but after some years with her, anything is possible.

Plus he never really refused anything. He just wasn't very agreeable when asked to play. At no point was it "Steph, get in the game"..."Uh nah coach I'm good" All this is, is a big battle of egos.
#1. 'They' who? 'They' also say 'Bros before @%!#', but I'll be damned if I listen to that crap. Sure, peoplle say'familiarity breeds contempt', but 'they' are usually trying to justify something like an affair after 20 years of marriage, or some otheraction in their life that needs justifying.

#2. Whether it was implicitly, explicitly, with a banner behind an airplane, through e-mail, or jotted on a note in his locker, Steph was told he was going toplay. Whether it was right then and there, as soon as the message was delivered, right before the game, or at the point where he was supposed to come into thegame, he made the choice to not go in and play. He was wasked/told; he refused.

roll.gif
Marbury is THAT dude. He's living the American Dream for real. Getting paid crazy amount of millions to "Kick it".

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

0cks:
NYelectric:
People say this all the time, but like they say "familiarity breeds contempt" I could say I would never do my 'dream girl' wrong but after some years with her, anything is possible.

Plus he never really refused anything. He just wasn't very agreeable when asked to play. At no point was it "Steph, get in the game"..."Uh nah coach I'm good" All this is, is a big battle of egos.
#2. Whether it was implicitly, explicitly, with a banner behind an airplane, through e-mail, or jotted on a note in his locker, Steph was told he was going to play. Whether it was right then and there, as soon as the message was delivered, right before the game, or at the point where he was supposed to come into the game, he made the choice to not go in and play. He was wasked/told; he refused.
Yeah...And? Look at the other end of the table, Marbury, whether it be through email, interviews, jotted on a note, a banner behind an airplane,asked to be played early, but was denied and they couldn't give a rat's #%% less then, because they had themselves a full roster. They pay this man 21mill this year, he showed up to practices, he showed up to games dressed to play, only to sit on the end of the bench and not get one minute of play.

I'm not big on Steph, dude causes drama every where he goes, I don't remember one team he left without any issues, he's pompous, he's a bigmouth, he's unprofessional, and he brings losing basketball to teams, but I thought dude was treated like dirt, I'm not saying I would do the samethings he's doing, but I can understand a bit. Also D'Antoni isn't so innocent himself, he's a moron and he's turned into an arrogant fool,who can't coach a lick and hides his lack of coaching knowledge behind that stupid 7 seconds to shoot crap. The Suns had 0 plays back then, and the Knickshave 0 plays now, just one pass, jack up a shot offense.

And I don't know, I think the 'familiarity breeds contempt' saying isn't so far off, it's kind of accurate in life. As times and situationschange, so do people, it's all relative to what's going on and what you've been through and how accustomed you've been to what once wasn'tthere.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

0cks:
NYelectric:

#1. 'They' who? 'They' also say 'Bros before @%!#', but I'll be damned if I listen to that crap. Sure, peoplle say 'familiarity breeds contempt', but 'they' are usually trying to justify something like an affair after 20 years of marriage, or some other action in their life that needs justifying.

#2. Whether it was implicitly, explicitly, with a banner behind an airplane, through e-mail, or jotted on a note in his locker, Steph was told he was going to play. Whether it was right then and there, as soon as the message was delivered, right before the game, or at the point where he was supposed to come into the game, he made the choice to not go in and play. He was wasked/told; he refused.
Well I mean I hear new hires speak in superlatives about working at our company, 3 months after they have been at the job it's same ol'same ol'. Coming to work late, complaining, not helping co-workers out cause "that's not my job!" blah blah blah. Dream Job?! I mean whoworks in their dreams? In my dreams I'm not buying things or paying for anything, I'm just

doin-thangs.jpg

As far as refusal, I don't agree. D'Antoni: Hey Steph there are minutes available... Marbury: Uh... thought I'm not part the teams plans...D'Antoni: Whatever *walks off*

Actually a smart move by Marbury....now maybe Donnie will be forced to release him (it's really Dolan who doesn't want to, he rather see Marbury notplay then go to a team in their own division......which doesn't even matter IMO).

Marbury might as well start sitting court side at every Knicks game.
laugh.gif

Steph
pimp.gif

I wonder who this team is going to be though?

Lakers? He said we'd be shocked.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom