STEVE NASH IS LEAVING NIKE... For Chinese brand, Luyou

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Dude has like 2 years left in his career. This hurts Nike in no way. Sucks, but it's all good.

Yeah, It's like J Kidd. It doesn't really matter, and I doubt his kicks sold well.

Originally Posted by Wongtouski

Originally Posted by Evolved

Orange and white, upside down swoosh. What is China's obsession with copying things? They're the home of the knock off.
They're not at the stage where they have enough creativity/know-how to create their own thing and be proud of it. If you actually wen to their website, you'll see that its
1) All in chinese

2) Their ONLY basketball shoe looks like a fake reebok crossed with adidas

3) The website is amateurish at best (i.e. they actually post pics of their business license)

They're not as bad as this though http://qiaodan.com.cn/ Qiaodan literally means "Jordan" in Mandarin......and peep the logo.
 went to site
chinese play hockey too now?

Originally Posted by Wongtouski

Originally Posted by Evolved

Orange and white, upside down swoosh. What is China's obsession with copying things? They're the home of the knock off.
They're not at the stage where they have enough creativity/know-how to create their own thing and be proud of it. If you actually wen to their website, you'll see that its
1) All in chinese

2) Their ONLY basketball shoe looks like a fake reebok crossed with adidas

3) The website is amateurish at best (i.e. they actually post pics of their business license)

They're not as bad as this though http://qiaodan.com.cn/ Qiaodan literally means "Jordan" in Mandarin......and peep the logo.
 went to site
chinese play hockey too now?

Originally Posted by Lex Venture

never wear them wrote:

Mister Friendly wrote:

never wear them wrote:

Can care less what he wears.
Good player.
Marketable? Not really.

How come Nike never markets white guys

Tom Brady.....no
Dirk........no
Nash.....no
Tebow......not really

laugh.gif
seriously tho... But I dont think that little urban city kid/folk wants to grow up and be/play like Nash.... Or grow out his chest hair like Nash. Or grow out their hair like Nowitzki (yes, not white, but you get my drift)

everyone wants to dunk like Lebron

well i have chest hair like nash and i would love to grow my hair like nowitzki lol. being that im salvadorian i couldnt do my hair like lebron!!! lol
o and i didnt even know Brady was with nike, thats a major fail nike wont promote one of the greatest QB's in history but they promote the dog killing one weak sauce.

Your comments made no sense. Is Nike promoting Vick now?

Nike doesn't promote football players, because they don't sell sneakers. Just like traditionally big men don't sell sneakers in the NBA.

Originally Posted by Lex Venture

never wear them wrote:

Mister Friendly wrote:

never wear them wrote:

Can care less what he wears.
Good player.
Marketable? Not really.

How come Nike never markets white guys

Tom Brady.....no
Dirk........no
Nash.....no
Tebow......not really

laugh.gif
seriously tho... But I dont think that little urban city kid/folk wants to grow up and be/play like Nash.... Or grow out his chest hair like Nash. Or grow out their hair like Nowitzki (yes, not white, but you get my drift)

everyone wants to dunk like Lebron

well i have chest hair like nash and i would love to grow my hair like nowitzki lol. being that im salvadorian i couldnt do my hair like lebron!!! lol
o and i didnt even know Brady was with nike, thats a major fail nike wont promote one of the greatest QB's in history but they promote the dog killing one weak sauce.

Your comments made no sense. Is Nike promoting Vick now?

Nike doesn't promote football players, because they don't sell sneakers. Just like traditionally big men don't sell sneakers in the NBA.

I wish he gets voted in by coaches as a reserve for the ASG, i mean he still produces but the team record might affect this, would have been really curious what Lu You would give him ig he makes the ASG

I wish he gets voted in by coaches as a reserve for the ASG, i mean he still produces but the team record might affect this, would have been really curious what Lu You would give him ig he makes the ASG

alot of athletes have strayed away from the nike/adidas/reebok brand and i think thats good for the shoe game. competition should create better products and remind nike that we are the consumers

alot of athletes have strayed away from the nike/adidas/reebok brand and i think thats good for the shoe game. competition should create better products and remind nike that we are the consumers

I've seen some of the products these Chinese companies hammer out and the leathers feel like cardboard and the midsoles don't have that springiness to them. So I don't know if Nike even has them on their radar. I'm all for an open market and competition but the products should at least be at par with each other.

I've seen some of the products these Chinese companies hammer out and the leathers feel like cardboard and the midsoles don't have that springiness to them. So I don't know if Nike even has them on their radar. I'm all for an open market and competition but the products should at least be at par with each other.

Back
Top Bottom