Stevie Wonder is the greatest musician of our time.

That is all.

If you care to argue, I will be lurking around in hopes of arguing you into submission to realize that this statement is indeed true.

You know what I hate?

Not when people make bold statements. But when people make bold statements without any evidence behind it. Because now people are gonna come in and just namegreat musicians and you give validity to their opinion because you began your post without evidence. I disagree with you and I could put the name of the artistI believe is the best musician but since you didn't put any effort in your thread I won't put no effort in my post.

Originally Posted by brandnew21

how do you give evidence for an opinion? haha

Explaining how their body of work is higher than others body of work. How they have changed music ever since they entered the game. Their influence on othermusicians. Timelessness of their music. Transcending genders, ages, ethnicity with their music.

Or you can just say "agreed". Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by brandnew21

how do you give evidence for an opinion? haha

Explaining how their body of work is higher than others body of work. How they have changed music ever since they entered the game. Their influence on other musicians. Timelessness of their music. Transcending genders, ages, ethnicity with their music.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]What you said right there applies directly to Stevie.[/color]

You know what I hate?

Not when people make bold statements. But when people make bold statements without any evidence behind it. Because now people are gonna come in and just name great musicians and you give validity to their opinion because you began your post without evidence. I disagree with you and I could put the name of the artist I believe is the best musician but since you didn't put any effort in your thread I won't put no effort in my post.
Well in that case, I will tell you why I believe this so strongly. Few can match his excellence in playing the piano, harmonica or drums. He hasbeen self producing his own albums since 1972 when he released Music of My Mind; he was 22. Not only was he the first artist to truly capitalize on the use ofsynthesizers, but he even used auto-tune in short spells. MoMM was the first in a string of 5 classic albums that would win Stevie multiple grammy's. 3 ofthose were for album of the year. He would go on to win 12 more grammy's, one being a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1996. He was inducted into theRock and Roll Hall of Fame at the age of 39.

He's blind too.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

You know what I hate?

Not when people make bold statements. But when people make bold statements without any evidence behind it. Because now people are gonna come in and just name great musicians and you give validity to their opinion because you began your post without evidence. I disagree with you and I could put the name of the artist I believe is the best musician but since you didn't put any effort in your thread I won't put no effort in my post.
Well in that case, I will tell you why I believe this so strongly. Few can match his excellence in playing the piano, harmonica or drums. He has been self producing his own albums since 1972 when he released Music of My Mind; he was 22. Not only was he the first artist to truly capitalize on the use of synthesizers, but he even used auto-tune in short spells. MoMM was the first in a string of 5 classic albums that would win Stevie multiple grammy's. 3 of those were for album of the year. He would go on to win 12 more grammy's, one being a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1996. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the age of 39.

He's blind too.
1kd93.gif

Good job Cross I knew you had it in you. I'll be back to disagree with my dissertation.

You know what I hate?

Well in that case, I will tell you why I believe this so strongly. Few can match his excellence in playing the piano, harmonica or drums. He has been self producing his own albums since 1972 when he released Music of My Mind; he was 22. Not only was he the first artist to truly capitalize on the use of synthesizers, but he even used auto-tune in short spells. MoMM was the first in a string of 5 classic albums that would win Stevie multiple grammy's. 3 of those were for album of the year. He would go on to win 12 more grammy's, one being a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1996. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the age of 39.

He's blind too.

1. There are 10-year-olds who can outdo him on any instrument. That's just incorrect.

2. Grammys????Dude come on, look at who wins Grammys. Only very mainstream artists. That excludes 99.9% of artists from the running. They don't mean athing. I don't think Lil Wayne is better than Radiohead because he won more Grammys
laugh.gif

3. He was one of the frst to use auto-tune? How is this at all relevant to musical excellence?

Not trying to dismiss him, he was a great performer and a great music-maker. But the best of our time? I can think of quite a few who were better.

Jimi Hendrix. Greatest guitar player, technical skills and played with heart. Insane melodies that are catchy and show off his skills. Stevie Wonder has thebetter voice and is great no doubt. But if we are talking musician. It has to be Hendrix hands down.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

1. There are 10-year-olds who can outdo him on any instrument. That's just incorrect.

2. Grammys????Dude come on, look at who wins Grammys. Only very mainstream artists. That excludes 99.9% of artists from the running. They don't mean a thing. I don't think Lil Wayne is better than Radiohead because he won more Grammys
laugh.gif

3. He was one of the frst to use auto-tune? How is this at all relevant to musical excellence?

Not trying to dismiss him, he was a great performer and a great music-maker. But the best of our time? I can think of quite a few who were better.
1. Point me in the direction of these 10 year olds.
2. Are you actually implying that he won those just because he was popular?
smh.gif
His music is excellent because of his instrumentation, lyrics, vocals andarrangement, not because it won a Grammy.
3. He was a trendsetter, of course that is relevant.

Tell me who was better.

2. Grammys????Dude come on, look at who wins Grammys. Only very mainstream artists. That excludes 99.9% of artists from the running. They don't mean a thing. I don't think Lil Wayne is better than Radiohead because he won more Grammys
laugh.gif

1. Point me in the direction of these 10 year olds.
2. Are you actually implying that he won those just because he was popular?
smh.gif
His music is excellent because of his instrumentation, lyrics, vocals and arrangement, not because it won a Grammy.
3. He was a trendsetter, of course that is relevant.

Tell me who was better.

1. Here's a whole bunch. http://www.youtube.com/re...i=spell&resnum=0&spell=1

2. No, I'm saying the competition for Grammys is subpar at best. They mean very little in terms of real musical talent. Look at who was nominated thisyear. Look at who won. It's embarrassing, and it's been like that since they were created.

3. Trendsetter? I mean.....even if he was, that doesn't make him a GREAT musician. It makes him INFLUENTIAL, IMPORTANT, etc. but really has no effect onthe quality of his music. And since when is auto-tune an important part of music?
laugh.gif
Come on dude.

Tell you who was better? OK, what time period are we talking?

Originally Posted by MasterMeatwad

Jimi Hendrix. Greatest guitar player, technical skills and played with heart. Insane melodies that are catchy and show off his skills. Stevie Wonder has the better voice and is great no doubt. But if we are talking musician. It has to be Hendrix hands down.
Stevie Wonder's melodies have the ability to encompass way more emotions. They accompany his lyrics so well and bring out the exact emotionthat he would be looking for. His transitions during the song can alter the feel and tone of the song better than anyone I have heard.

I have a hard time pissing in the toilet in the dark and this man composes his own music (great music at that) and plays the piano. This my all time favoriteStevie song.

1. Here's a whole bunch. http://www.youtube.com/re...i=spell&resnum=0&spell=1

2. No, I'm saying the competition for Grammys is subpar at best. They mean very little in terms of real musical talent. Look at who was nominated this year. Look at who won. It's embarrassing, and it's been like that since they were created.

3. Trendsetter? I mean.....even if he was, that doesn't make him a GREAT musician. It makes him INFLUENTIAL, IMPORTANT, etc. but really has no effect on the quality of his music. And since when is auto-tune an important part of music?
laugh.gif
Come on dude.

Tell you who was better? OK, what time period are we talking?
1. So you're telling me Stevie Wonder can't do none of that +%@%?
2. Of course grammy's are a joke these days, but Stevie earned his for making some terrific music. Just because he won some you shouldn't discredit histalent. I just posted that to recognize that he was recognized for his art.
3. I never said auto-tune was important, I just wanted to mention that he should be respected in the sense that he was an innovator/motivator/originator. Iunderstand that being a trendsetter does not always mean what you do is good or bad, but are you seriously telling me he's not a GREAT excellent musician, in addition to being influential and important?

I'm talking modern times, or more so between the 70's and now.
Prince is a way better musician IMO.
Prince is one of the greats of course, but his body of material OVERALL does not match Stevie's. For someone so talented, that can play"all of them", the music he has released proves to me that Stevie is better.

Not surprised at who made this thread.

As for the topic at hand, I'm bias in favor of Stevie and simply ignorant the music of a lot of the others who also deserved to be considered for the titleso Ima let this one be.

nerd.gif

like.....?

Back
Top Bottom