Stevie Wonder is the greatest musician of our time.

2. MJ is one of the greatest people in music I agree, but dude wasn't a musician. He didn't compose anything, play any instruments, things like that. That's what makes a musician IMO.
Wrong. Michael has been writing music/songs since the mid-seventies. Quite a few of his biggest hits were HIS creations. He's written basslines, guitar parts, orchestral pieces, drum patterns, piano/keyboard parts all through his career. He's no pro, but he can play the piano a bit, accordingto Teddy Riley.

Originally Posted by babyface34

2. MJ is one of the greatest people in music I agree, but dude wasn't a musician. He didn't compose anything, play any instruments, things like that. That's what makes a musician IMO.
Wrong. Michael has been writing music/songs since the mid-seventies. Quite a few of his biggest hits were HIS creations. He's written bass lines, guitar parts, orchestral pieces, drum patterns, piano/keyboard parts all through his career. He's no pro, but he can play the piano a bit, according to Teddy Riley.

If this is true I stand corrected. I still don't think he's the GOAT though.

There's so much bias in this thread (don't deny it). And like mace said, if you're going to proclaim someone as GOAT, do some research first and doit without any bias.

Bob Marley and the wailers get my vote just based on where they came from (biggest artists from a 3rd world country till this day), the message in the musicand how many people they touched in the world generation after generation. Their music is forever.

I don't think anybody's mentioned Eric Clapton, Elton John, Billy Joel or Jimmy Page. Those 4 deserve to be considered.

Originally Posted by babyface34

Wrong. Michael has been writing music/songs since the mid-seventies. Quite a few of his biggest hits were HIS creations. He's written bass lines, guitar parts, orchestral pieces, drum patterns, piano/keyboard parts all through his career. He's no pro, but he can play the piano a bit, according to Teddy Riley.

Michael was probably a more talented "musician" at age 11 a lot of professional musicians willever be. Note I mean your average professional musician, anybody who does it for a living, not the greatest like the ones being discussed in this thread.

MJ is one of the greatest entertainers of all time, and if you said he was #1 I wouldn't argue.

But as an artist he's obviously not even approaching a lot of the guys mentioned in this thread.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

But as an artist he's obviously not even approaching a lot of the guys mentioned in this thread.

Artist is probably the most subjective term you could possibly use.

This is the last thing I'm gonna say on the matter. Again, anybody who doesn't think Michael Jackson is a musician, is so confused it's not evenfunny.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Wayne > *

End of thread.

My-T.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom