Stop calling us "Spanish"

Please refer to us as "Hispanic" or "Latino" Spanish=People from Spain
It is just like calling blacks "Africans" or Asians "Chinese"

Thanks

Spanish is a language.

I think you meant to say its like calling African American People Black.

Just call me "The Boricua Assassin"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

this will never stop lol most ppl in america just classify anyone who speaks spanish a mexican

Too many jr. high kids for too many decades took Spanish classes and can't help but conflate that...

That's one layer of PC too many? Lack of cultural nuance? I guess.

Oh YoU MaD wrote:
Please refer to us as "Hispanic" or "Latino" Spanish=People from Spain
It is just like calling blacks "Africans" or Asians "Chinese"

Thanks

lol, but i know that feel bruh and i aint even latino, mixed ftl

I don't get offended by people calling me "white". Personally, I think people are too sensitive. What's the big deal? They're not using it in a derogatory manner.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I don't get offended by people calling me "white". Personally, I think people are too sensitive. What's the big deal? They're not using it in a derogatory manner.

Not the same. White is a race, people who are spanish/chinese/german/french/american are natives to that specific country 
Its like someone calling you french or german and not having any french or german background 

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Spanish is a language.

My favorite comment about that is when I saw Nelson Mandela being interviewed once and the interviewer asked him something like "as an African American..." and the look on Mandela's face was priceless.

Guess he was just so used to not using the term "black".

Originally Posted by bAMAZING

this will never stop lol most ppl in america just classify anyone who speaks spanish a mexican
Sad but true.
30t6p3b.gif

I don't understand how people can't tell the difference.  

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Spanish is a language.

My favorite comment about that is when I saw Nelson Mandela being interviewed once and the interviewer asked him something like "as an African American..." and the look on Mandela's face was priceless.

Guess he was just so used to not using the term "black".

Well, he's not American.....

As long as there are ignorant people around, they won't stop calling us  hispanics/latinos Spanish
laugh.gif

fixed for the crybaby under me.

um...as long as hispanic ppl in the NE refer to hispanic ppl as spanish ppl in the NE will continue to call hispanics spanish.

asians being called oriental is worst. but we dont give a F and neither should you. quit being so sensitive

Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead

asians being called oriental is worst. but we dont give a F and neither should you. quit being so sensitive

Isn't the term "Orient" just referring to East as in Asia in general. So would 't calling someone Oriental just mean someone from Asia?

Ignorant on the subject... Asking a serious question.

^ I agree being called Hispanic or Spanish makes me uncomfortable. To me it's like calling West Indians English and ironically I've heard some Dominicans call them just that. Either way people shouldn't be called names that they find offensive.

Back
Top Bottom