Storage Wars

Imagine finding a dead body in one of those storage bins. 
sick.gif

I used to work in the self storage industry, and in the 5-6 auctions I worked, there was never anything even close to nice in the units.
laugh.gif

I used to work in the self storage industry, and in the 5-6 auctions I worked, there was never anything even close to nice in the units.
laugh.gif

You guys just gotta google storage auctions in your area.  There has to be a few.

And the "average" for the units I said today was 200-350
laugh.gif
    RANDOMS in there.  Who knows, maybe some gold in the boxes/crates etc.

You guys just gotta google storage auctions in your area.  There has to be a few.

And the "average" for the units I said today was 200-350
laugh.gif
    RANDOMS in there.  Who knows, maybe some gold in the boxes/crates etc.

The larger of a city/state you live in, the better your chances are of coming up on something nice....

BUT, in the end...it's always a crapshoot. You roll the dice and take your chances. You've got to take the losses as well as the ups. Sometimes you win big, and sometimes you lose out....the important thing is to bid on what you can see. That show has profiled some HUGE wins ($130K comic book collection, Dave's $89K win, etc), and some losses as well

The larger of a city/state you live in, the better your chances are of coming up on something nice....

BUT, in the end...it's always a crapshoot. You roll the dice and take your chances. You've got to take the losses as well as the ups. Sometimes you win big, and sometimes you lose out....the important thing is to bid on what you can see. That show has profiled some HUGE wins ($130K comic book collection, Dave's $89K win, etc), and some losses as well

is this real life? I saw two guys find a whole stash of silver quarters. If you had straight cash or sporting goods, why wouldnt you go there yourself, locate that stuff, sell some of it, if you still need the storage, or just pick up the valuable stuff before the payment becomes delinquent.

these people already couldnt afford the storage and now are losing out on a crazy amount of valuable stuff.. It doesnt make sense

is this real life? I saw two guys find a whole stash of silver quarters. If you had straight cash or sporting goods, why wouldnt you go there yourself, locate that stuff, sell some of it, if you still need the storage, or just pick up the valuable stuff before the payment becomes delinquent.

these people already couldnt afford the storage and now are losing out on a crazy amount of valuable stuff.. It doesnt make sense

My teachers back in grade school told his stories about going to one of these auction before this show even started. One of his biggest come up were original sketches/ paintings by salvador dali.

My teachers back in grade school told his stories about going to one of these auction before this show even started. One of his biggest come up were original sketches/ paintings by salvador dali.

I found one coming up on the 7th so I will bump this up to update on the success or failure.

I found one coming up on the 7th so I will bump this up to update on the success or failure.

Originally Posted by Dragon

eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Dragon

eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom