Storing Silver Anniversary XIs

I've had my pair since they released in May 2010 and I've worn them twice. After a wear the overall shoe is clean, i just have to wash the bottom. Just yesterday a friend wanted to see them n when i pulled them out, some black mold was on the mesh. Now i was keeping them in unsealed zip lock bags so they could get air but how do you guys store shoes like this. My XIs are gold to me and i want them to stay that way also i have many pairs of VIs and Vs. How do you guys also store these to keep them from yellowing as fast.

I've had my pair since they released in May 2010 and I've worn them twice. After a wear the overall shoe is clean, i just have to wash the bottom. Just yesterday a friend wanted to see them n when i pulled them out, some black mold was on the mesh. Now i was keeping them in unsealed zip lock bags so they could get air but how do you guys store shoes like this. My XIs are gold to me and i want them to stay that way also i have many pairs of VIs and Vs. How do you guys also store these to keep them from yellowing as fast.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

I've had some luck with storing them in my girl's butt.

roll.gif

Black mold though
sick.gif
how the hell did that happen , you store them outside? In all seriousness as long as you store them in there box in a cool room you should be fine n take the papper out to slow the yellowing of the white patent leather also get some sea glow and put a few drops on the bottoms periodically to be proactive against yellowing

Black mold though
sick.gif
how the hell did that happen , you store them outside? In all seriousness as long as you store them in there box in a cool room you should be fine n take the papper out to slow the yellowing of the white patent leather also get some sea glow and put a few drops on the bottoms periodically to be proactive against yellowing

Top of a closet in a dry ares would be best. I would keep them off of the floor and out of a basement. Moisture tends to find the lowest areas. Mold wants to live in a dark moist area. Keeping them in the dark can't be helped since they are in a box. Also, I would check the box to make sure there is no mold growth in/on the box. If there is, then I would store them in a different box.

Top of a closet in a dry ares would be best. I would keep them off of the floor and out of a basement. Moisture tends to find the lowest areas. Mold wants to live in a dark moist area. Keeping them in the dark can't be helped since they are in a box. Also, I would check the box to make sure there is no mold growth in/on the box. If there is, then I would store them in a different box.

Throw them away. The shoes are straight up trash.

And on a side note: I swear, the XI is hands down the most overrated shoe in history. Not saying it's not a good looking shoe, just soooo overrated.

And on a side note: I swear, the XI is hands down the most overrated shoe in history. Not saying it's not a good looking shoe, just soooo overrated.

black mold? the shoes are not the problem, you may have a mold issue in your home

get that checked out ASAP op

black mold? the shoes are not the problem, you may have a mold issue in your home

get that checked out ASAP op

Originally Posted by Reggie4Three

yay more pairs for us.
and common man, lets be real would that be the answer you could expect for a shoe you really liked and had a valid concern about? not cool bro. 
laugh.gif

although i do agree with you on this particular colorway.. any shoe with just one solid block color is just lazy (some, but very few exceptions) IMO..

and we need pics to further go on with this investigation 
nerd.gif

other than that go with what others have posted already.

Originally Posted by Reggie4Three

yay more pairs for us.
and common man, lets be real would that be the answer you could expect for a shoe you really liked and had a valid concern about? not cool bro. 
laugh.gif

although i do agree with you on this particular colorway.. any shoe with just one solid block color is just lazy (some, but very few exceptions) IMO..

and we need pics to further go on with this investigation 
nerd.gif

other than that go with what others have posted already.

hang a bag of damp rid in the closet.  this will help with your moisture problem.  the care maintenance thread has alot of info on this if you want to look at that.  ziploc bags with silica packs are no good as they dry the leather out. 

hang a bag of damp rid in the closet.  this will help with your moisture problem.  the care maintenance thread has alot of info on this if you want to look at that.  ziploc bags with silica packs are no good as they dry the leather out. 

Silver Anni XI's are caca, didn't they come yellowed? If I bought these, I would definitely dye the soles blue

Back
Top Bottom