STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

Yo, this film was pretty wack. It felt like an MTV teeny bopper production. Cliche, trying too hard to be epic and the lines are so corny. When Dre's brother dies and he's outside crying, he tells the crew some fool broke his brother's neck. So then Eazy goes, "******' Compton". I busted out laughing! They try to portray Dre to be some sorta gangster knocking brothers out. He wasn't any of that.  Ice Cube speaking intelligently when in real life he's always stuttering. :rofl:

This film is strictly for the little kids and twenty somethings. Ain't for old cats like myself.

you hate everything.

Including Black women :smh:

His opinion is garbage

This is the first bio pic you 32-39 year old dudes lived through and yall want to take this opportunity to act like anyone under 32 knows nothing about Westcoast hip hop . Let me fill you in on a little secret , there has never been a single 100% accurate bio pic , ever . Even the music documentaries you see with real footage have been edited and manipulated for pacing and to fill a narrative .

The poem Will reads in Ali to Frazier was from the liston fight , they also had land rovers that hadn't come out yet in the movie .

Malcolm x was watching the 1967 new jersey race riots that happened after his death on the television in spike Lee's movie

In selma there's a fiji water bottle towards the end and they got john lewis rocking a wedding band 3 years before he got married

In moneyball the basketball arena has the Oracle label years before oracle purchased the naming rights ,Scott hattebergs rocking nike+ that wouldn't release for 4 years and Jeremy Giambi and carlos pena weren't traded in the same day .

Are you "old cats" gonna discredit every bio pic ever made? Because you spotted a hat that hadn't released yet or cus dre went to jail for smacking a dude instead of parking tickets , Not like they had him letting the choppa off in a drive by ...they just trynna get his brother more screentime to foreshadow his death later on .

An accurate movie would be 4 hours long , have no continuity and be straight trash .

Last edited:
Including Black women
mean.gif

His opinion is garbage
Says the guy with a White girl on his avatar....

Back to the film. More stupid lines. When Suge is about to jump Eazy, he says "You know where I'm from, this Bompton!" 
roll.gif

Ok, he acts like he just met Eazy or something when they were together in the film since the beginning, Suge being a bodyguard and all and Eazy is from Compton himself. You from Compton... and?... Ain't telling Eazy nothing new. This film tries too hard to sound tough and make Compton hard, it's laughable. Stupid lines like that aren't necessary. And Suge isn't even a gang member. "Bompton"....  

Last edited:
I wonder why they conveniently left out the Dee Barnes x Dr. Dre incident. He could have killed her

The video with Ice Cube that Dre caught feelings over. The Jordan shirt he wore was in the movie.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the movie.
O'Shea Jr killed the role. Had me tripping thinking that was cube on the screen :lol:

I did notice that White Sox cap in the beginning of the dope house scene. Also how someone was rocking the LA Kings hat with the blk/silver that didnt debut until the 90s....

But that's so minimal :lol: Its about the storytelling, not so the clothing.

Now onto an actual problem, I was real disappointed with the absence of Dre Day and Real Mother******* G's. I'm assuming Dre didnt want to display his and Easys beef.

Says the guy with a White girl on his avatar....

Back to the film. More stupid lines. When Suge is about to jump Eazy, he says "You know where I'm from, this Bompton!" :rofl:
Ok, he acts like he just met Eazy or something when they were together in the film since the beginning, Suge being a bodyguard and all and Eazy is from Compton himself. You from Compton... and?... Ain't telling Eazy nothing new. This film tries too hard to sound tough and make Compton hard, it's laughable. Stupid lines like that aren't necessary. And Suge isn't even a gang member. "Bompton"....  

When he said "don't make me change you" was he saying what i think he was?

I did notice that White Sox cap in the beginning of the dope house scene. Also how someone was rocking the LA Kings hat with the blk/silver that didnt debut until the 90s....

But that's so minimal
laugh.gif
Its about the storytelling, not so the clothing.

Now onto an actual problem, I was real disappointed with the absence of Dre Day and Real Mother******* G's. I'm assuming Dre didnt want to display his and Easys beef.
That's what I said. Would have been nice if they went more into the Death Row VS Ruthless thing. Show how Dre and Eazy were really feeling towards each other. They could have shown that situation where Ruthless & Death Row was fighting on that golf course and Nate Dogg hit somebody with a golf club.

Also would have liked for them to bring up the East Coast Vs West Coast situation at the Source Awards.

Dope movie.

The only cat i was familiar w/ was the dude that played Ren, because he was in Friday Night Lights, but for some unknowns, them 3 dudes did a great job.

:lol: DJ Yella was all about the the *******. Easy to see why dude started directing pr0n.

The scene w/ cube in the studio w/ the bomb squad recording No Vaseline had the whole theater hyped. That scene brought the energy and the hilarity. :lol:

Alot was left out but i'm not going to complain...will cop the director's cut, if F Gary Gray puts it out.

I'm about to watch it later on tonight. I hope its as good as everyone says it is.

im 30, so i know the history of NWA and rap music pretty well.

Checked out this movie last night, i really liked it. Cubes son did a amazing job being his pops.

But that's so minimal :lol: Its about the storytelling, not so the clothing.

That's what I said. Would have been nice if they went more into the Death Row VS Ruthless thing. Show how Dre and Eazy were really feeling towards each other. They could have shown that situation where Ruthless & Death Row was fighting on that golf course and Nate Dogg hit somebody with a golf club.

Also would have liked for them to bring up the East Coast Vs West Coast situation at the Source Awards.

In an interview Cube said they kept it strictly NWA moments for the sake of run time. The entire movie was 4hrs before they cut it. So I can see why they didnt wonder into more personal incidents. But that Ruthless vs Deathrow in the early 90s was just as much NWA related imo.

Had no idea suge knight was that involved in NWA tbh. They showcased him more than Mc Ren DJ Yella And DOC

Had no idea suge knight was that involved in NWA tbh. They showcased him more than Mc Ren DJ Yella And DOC
And that's why it's a money grab flick. Nobody cares about Yella or Ren.
In an interview Cube said they kept it strictly NWA moments for the sake of run time. The entire movie was 4hrs before they cut it. So I can see why they didnt wonder into more personal incidents. But that Ruthless vs Deathrow in the early 90s was just as much NWA related imo.
That golf fight was in 1997. And at that point, everybody that was anybody left Death Row. The main dudes from the Ruthless camp beefing with Death Row were guys from Def Jam, anyway. BG Knocc Out and Gangsta Dresta already squashed the beef with Death Row except Nate dogg still wanted beef. That's why the fight at the golf club. Hardly NWA related.

Back
Top Bottom