STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

To the older folks who wondered "Why is Compton's In The House remixed on Straight Outta Compton & where do I find the original version....?"

The original version is on the Eazy-E cassette single I posted above!!! :nthat:

And the extended mixes (which are superior imo) of Straight Outta Compton & Express Yourself are of course on the other single above...
Also B Is A B wasn't originally on & The Posse...it's also on that single...

Last edited:
Had no idea suge knight was that involved in NWA tbh. They showcased him more than Mc Ren DJ Yella And DOC

And that's why it's a money grab flick. Nobody cares about Yella or Ren.
In an interview Cube said they kept it strictly NWA moments for the sake of run time. The entire movie was 4hrs before they cut it. So I can see why they didnt wonder into more personal incidents. But that Ruthless vs Deathrow in the early 90s was just as much NWA related imo.

That golf fight was in 1997. And at that point, everybody that was anybody left Death Row. The main dudes from the Ruthless camp beefing with Death Row were guys from Def Jam, anyway. BG Knocc Out and Gangsta Dresta already squashed the beef with Death Row except Nate dogg still wanted beef. That's why the fight at the golf club. Hardly NWA related.

Talking bout Dre Day/Compton City Gs. Idk about that golf crap. There was def a lot of tension prior to the reunion talks. Def NWA related.

Last edited:
Very good movie, I enjoyed it. But who was dude playing Pac's scene in the studio? Now that n.... looked EXACTLY like Pac.

If you Guys want more history, or some BTS look at NWA follow this guy. And look at his NWA posts.

http://instagram.com/artemusgordon

he was around for a lot of ish back in the gap, and he stay dropping jewels. got posts on Eazy E, worshipping the devil and all sorts of wild ish.

Good looking. Just spent the last hour reading his posts.

Outta reps.

Last edited:
I Feel Like People Who Say They Didn't Like The Movie Made Their Minds Up Before They Even Bought Their Tickets. Dudes Complaining About Background Extras Outfits?? I Get that People Wanted To See More, But Like They Said Months Ago This Is A Movie About The Rise & Fall Of NWA. They Threw Pac & Snoop In There As A Fan Service IMO, Especially Since They Didn't Touch On The Diss Tracks. With All That Said I Loved The Movie, Perfect? No. Worth Making? Worth Seeing? Worth Owning? Yes, Yes, & Yes

They didn't even touch on the diss tracks???

Dre Day though..
mean.gif

Still gonna see it next weekend though

I was around during that era but wasn't into West Coast rap. Knew some of what was going on though. C.R.E.AM and Flava in ya Ear was more of what I was listening to.

Anyways was a great movie to get familar with what I had missed.

Snoop character looked more like Kurupt :lol:

Could not get enough of Cube's son's performance.

The school bus scene set the tone of the movie.

And that's why it's a money grab flick. Nobody cares about Yella or Ren.

That golf fight was in 1997. And at that point, everybody that was anybody left Death Row. The main dudes from the Ruthless camp beefing with Death Row were guys from Def Jam, anyway. BG Knocc Out and Gangsta Dresta already squashed the beef with Death Row except Nate dogg still wanted beef. That's why the fight at the golf club. Hardly NWA related.
The fight happen in 94 or 95 bruh wth hel u get 97 from

Smh at your white girl telling you that ya'll aren't going to a black theatre.....and you let that slide....

Cmon man

:smh:

Even if you felt the same (why you would I don't know) you shouldn't have let that slide. She must think you're afraid of your own people or worse yet that Negroes turn into Gremlins when exposed to bad influences.

I feel if you're younger or not as in to rap, then this movie will be better to you. If you were around for NWA it's not telling you anything you probably didn't all ready know. But if you were around for this time frame it's pretty much like Notorious. It was well written, casted relatively well and had good acting. Cube's son did excellent and so did the kid playing Eazy.

yeah Dre Day is one of my favorite Dre songs and Eazys Real ************ Gs was dope too

should have been in the film period

but will hold off for the directors cut Cube and Gary was talking about thats 3 hours long because im sure they got some dope scenes in there

oh and by the way I just found out Gary said they actually had the film around 3 hours and 30 mins but all the big wigs at the studios and in hollywood MADE them cut it down or else they wouldnt release the movie

thats why the Eazy E machine gun scene is not in the movie

I feel like the movie really was just a celebration of NWA (mainly Dre) more than a biopic. And that's cool. I just like to see both sides of the coin. Everyone has a ying and yang.

Like we see Dre as this brave, confident, groundbreaking figure...who was always positive and doing the right thing,

We really didn't see the other side of Dre at the time. Truthfully, the movie is told from mostly Dre's perspective and I understand why. They just conveniently left out anything negative associated with Drez.

I feel like the movie really was just a celebration of NWA (mainly Dre) more than a biopic. And that's cool. I just like to see both sides of the coin. Everyone has a ying and yang.

Like we see Dre as this brave, confident, groundbreaking figure...who was always positive and doing the right thing,

We really didn't see the other side of Dre at the time. Truthfully, the movie is told from mostly Dre's perspective and I understand why. They just conveniently left out anything negative associated with Drez.

Back
Top Bottom