STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

2 Live Crew Biopic would most definitely work.

Controversial lyrics not heard on albums at that time

Record store owners were warned that they could be prosecuted for selling the album

Record store owners and the members of the band were arrested on obscenity charges

1st album to have the RIAA-standard Parental Advisory warning sticker.

George Lucas sued Campbell for using "Skywalker" name for the record label

Beef with Dr. Dre/Suge Knight/Death Row

Concert in Japan
Chicks in the crowd got on stage and lined up to blow the members of the group

A lot of material for a good biopic IMO.

I didn't knoe E-40 rolled like that :lol:

Not to make this into an E40 thread but his album "In A Major Way" is insanely slept on.

And if you listen on the right system and understand his slang/lyrics, your face will be twisted up like DAYUMMM!

Lyrics Genius don't eem got the lyrics right. :lol: :smh:

That Heiroglyphics crew shout out too. :nthat:

Last edited:
There already was a Pac movie. It's called CB4
Pac da goat but 
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

I'm from NYC never been to Cali so I really know nothing about NWA history only the songs

Learning that Cube wrote Boyz N The Hood and Friday way back when on Priority Films :wow:

Listening to Cube's diss mentioning Dre being in Michel'e's video is ironic now giving the circumstance :lol:

If I was Eazy's fam I'd be mad of course no one wants to be portrayed a certain way

Suge going from the security at the club to stealing Dre from Ruthless :smokin

Movie was dope to me for what it was, I went in basically clueless

John Singleton wrote Boyz N the Hood. Cube wrote the song not the movie.

I always wondered why didn't Dre Day and Real MFin Gz didn't make the movie???

That was a pretty important point to me

That should have been in the movie without a doubt. Creative control needed to be seized from Dress because Real MFin Gs didn't make him look good.

It's a shame real mutha gs didn't make the movie.

"Used to wear lipstick now you smoke chronic at picnics"

:lol:

I was so confused... One second they're beefin, then they made up then eazy was dead. Movie over. I couldn't believe they skipped over that feud

Not to make this into an E40 thread but his album "In A Major Way" is insanely slept on.

And if you listen on the right system and understand his slang/lyrics, your face will be twisted up like DAYUMMM!

hearing one luv almost makes me shed a tear. biggie musta been on crack to not feel the track but instead sprinkle me :lol:

my *****

Real MFin Gs was a good diss, buttttt I feel like DGP Killa was the best diss track between Ruthless and Deathrow. BG Knoccout had a crazy flow.

I thought easy was crip, no? 
He was part of the Kelly Park gang that later on became the Kelly Park Compton Crips. I forgot what site I was on, but they had pics of him from back when he was hanging with the original Kelly Park crew. Think it was a thread on Lip Stick Alley.

Def Jam biopic is being considered

View media item 1715503View media item 1715504
According to Deadline, Universal Studios (who distributed the aforementioned N.W.A movie) are considering producing a film on the legendary Def Jam Recordings, with Jonah Hill and Creed star Michael B. Jordan tipped for the roles of Rick Rubin and Russell Simmons, respectively.

The picture, if given the green light, will be based on Simmons’ 2002 memoir Life and Def: Sex, Drugs, Money, + God (co-written by veteran rap journo Nelson George), particularly focusing on the early rise of Def Jam and hip-hop’s surging popularity in the late ’80s.

Back
Top Bottom