STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

Is it true that Wallace was offered the role of Dr. Dre but turned it down to star in the epic flop that is Fantastic 4?

dre and cube said that the extended version will have more details about eazy.. hopefully real mutha g's? they said they couldn't fit everything into a 2hr movie.. :lol:

Def Jam biopic is being considered

According to Deadline, Universal Studios (who distributed the aforementioned N.W.A movie) are considering producing a film on the legendary Def Jam Recordings, with Jonah Hill and Creed star Michael B. Jordan tipped for the roles of Rick Rubin and Russell Simmons, respectively.

The picture, if given the green light, will be based on Simmons’ 2002 memoir Life and Def: Sex, Drugs, Money, + God (co-written by veteran rap journo Nelson George), particularly focusing on the early rise of Def Jam and hip-hop’s surging popularity in the late ’80s.
Wasn't this what Krush Groove was suppose to be?

"Krush Groove" was "loosely" based on Def Jam's creation. It's "semi-autobiographical", like "Purple Rain".

Easy first attempt at Boyz N the Hood is how i imagine how Drake would say it lol

:rofl: :rofl:

Just watched this. Loved it. Sure, there's a had full of petty things you could bring up, but overall, can't really complain. Ok, well, my only complaint I'll mention was Eazy-E's hair once he went from jeri curls to braids. Looked stupid like Shemar Moore in Diary of A Mad Black Woman :lol: loved all the music and gradually storytelling of how stuff went down. I don't believe at all that Dre got in Suge's face and told him he was leaving Death Row, no way :lol:. I'd say for 2hrs15min, that was as good as they were gonna get. To add everything, it would probably need another 45min.

Also, I felt like I was watching Ice Cube the whole movie. His son looks so much like him and has his expressions and attitude down spot on.

Would've liked to see how much more Ren was involved in. He was always my favorite when I started listening to them.

:rofl: :rofl:

Just watched this. Loved it. Sure, there's a had full of petty things you could bring up, but overall, can't really complain. Ok, well, my only complaint I'll mention was Eazy-E's hair once he went from jeri curls to braids. Looked stupid like Shemar Moore in Diary of A Mad Black Woman :lol: loved all the music and gradually storytelling of how stuff went down. I don't believe at all that Dre got in Suge's face and told him he was leaving Death Row, no way :lol:. I'd say for 2hrs15min, that was as good as they were gonna get. To add everything, it would probably need another 45min.

Also, I felt like I was watching Ice Cube the whole movie. His son looks so much like him and has his expressions and attitude down spot on.

Would've liked to see how much more Ren was involved in. He was always my favorite when I started listening to them.

That was awful :rofl:

Hollywood can't accurately depict cornrows at all.

Last edited:
Is it true that Wallace was offered the role of Dr. Dre but turned it down to star in the epic flop that is Fantastic 4?

It was a better role. He talked more in Fantastic Four and he also was a black super hero in a typical white role as Johnny Storm. Plus I'm sure he got paid more.

As far as hip hop biopics go, this was by far one of the best, if not the best. Been a fan of Aldis Hodge since Leverage, glad he's still working. Cube's son is a spitting image of dude, just a tad lighter and he played that role damn well.

Welp, guess I was wrong, they did get it right :lol:

tumblr_nldplbCoQC1srm6rfo1_400.jpg

SAW THIS MOVIE TWICE.. FIRST TIME WAS GREAT AND THE SECOND TIME I SAW MORE HUMOR IN THE FILM AND I GOT A GIRL TO BUY MY TICKET :smokin

Still haven't seen the film yet, life has been wayyy too busy as of late. Me and the wife will have to wait til it comes out on Netflix at this point. 

Saw it for the 1st ime last night. Good movie my only complaint is goonie *** dre. Son was looking like the main character in a action movie.my favorite part tho was Compton menace part tho, **** was cold blooded.

Back
Top Bottom