STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON MOVIE RELEASE DATE 8/14/2015

That's my point about this film. They just want to include what makes them look good and tough.

I agree that piece probably shouldn't be in the film since it's way after NWA, but that's why I question why Tupac is even in this or even Snoop? Wtf they got to do with NWA?

Their inclusion was to showcase how Death Row was becoming a powerhouse. Death Row was created in reaction to Ruthless. They're later referenced in the scene when Dre tells Suge that he's done and he's gonna go create Aftermath.

I think they decided to put Pac and Snoop in there for more sales. They were two of the most popular at the time.

Death Row started to fall as soon as Tupac got signed. Once Dre left, it was over.

I thought they really tried to hard to make Suge the villan in the movie. Also thought the Pac and Snoop stuff was absolutly awful. The timelines for both of those charecters were so off as well. I love how they make it seem as if Snoop just freestyled the entire Nuthin But a G Thing verse and when he met Dre Deep Cover just happened to be playing.

Someone brings Eazy-E a Bone Thugs demo while he is on his deathbed? They do realize he was in videos with them right?

The two awkward scenes when Dre meets the girl with a kid and then we never hear anything more about it the rest of the film also seemed strange.

If you are young and know nothing about N.W.A. it could be a good watch. I'm just not sure the story was worthy of a movie. I would rahter see a Death Row movie.

I thought they really tried to hard to make Suge the villan in the movie. Also thought the Pac and Snoop stuff was absolutly awful. The timelines for both of those charecters were so off as well. I love how they make it seem as if Snoop just freestyled the entire Nuthin But a G Thing verse and when he met Dre Deep Cover just happened to be playing.

Someone brings Eazy-E a Bone Thugs demo while he is on his deathbed? They do realize he was in videos with them right?

The two awkward scenes when Dre meets the girl with a kid and then we never hear anything more about it the rest of the film also seemed strange.

If you are young and know nothing about N.W.A. it could be a good watch. I'm just not sure the story was worthy of a movie. I would rahter see a Death Row movie.
Are you serious? Eazy hooked up with Bone in like `93 and released their EP in `94.
laugh.gif

That's my point about this film. They just want to include what makes them look good and tough.

I agree that piece probably shouldn't be in the film since it's way after NWA, but that's why I question why Tupac is even in this or even Snoop? Wtf they got to do with NWA?

wrong! Dre and Eazy had plenty of parts that didnt make them look good. Cube had one.

Cube had the more of a positive role throughout the film but I always got that vibe from Cube. He always seemed like that smart common sense kinda guy that carried himself with honor and respect so dont try him as a man.

At the end of movie I gained even more respect for all them but mostly Eazy. If Eazy was alive he probably would shed a tear how his boys made him out to be and spoke highly of em even tho they had they differences for a minute.

now on to the 2pac and Snoop thing...

Suge had been peeped the game with Jerry during NWA era. He also knew the history of who was really behind the machine (Dre production and The DOC and Cube writing)

Cube was gone to NY with Public Enemy so he was out of the picture

Dre and The DOC was the men behind the music at that point (remember Eazy was never a rapper he was supposed to be the manager and Cube wrote his raps)

So Suge does what Suge does and snaked his way into the circle and got in Dre and The DOC ear about Jerry and Eazy with that Dre figured I can make my own ruthless and Suge can be my Jerry so with that Death Row was born. Dre had to start from scratch he came across Snoop and Snoop brought up the idea of going to bail 2pac outta prison and having him be the missing link to Death Row

so thats how Pac and Snoop got in the film... Death Row wouldnt have been born with out Eazy Jerry and NWA and Pac wouldnt be on Death Row without Snoop

Watching tnite. My girl who is white said we arent going to a black theater. Sadly i aggreed.
Surprised the whitest theater in the area is playing it. im going in all black.

Last edited:
At the end of movie I gained even more respect for all them but mostly Eazy. If Eazy was alive he probably would shed a tear how his boys made him out to be and spoke highly of em even tho they had they differences for a minute.

Eazy HATED Dre and Cube!

I think both of them tried to make it look like they made up with him before he passed but most know that is not how it went down.

Eazy HATED Dre and Cube!

I think both of them tried to make it look like they made up with him before he passed but most know that is not how it went down.
Not at all Eazy hated Dre till the day he died...

He kinda sorta made up with Cube tho few weeks before he passed in NY

I think they decided to put Pac and Snoop in there for more sales. They were two of the most popular at the time.

Death Row started to fall as soon as Tupac got signed. Once Dre left, it was over.

all that is explained in the movie (at fast pace)

Death Row was going good Dre was working on his 2nd album then Pac came on the scene and him and Dre clicked musically but Suge had to be Suge

The timelines are pretty accurate just the movie skips around remember thats why it got bad reviews because the 1st part of the movie flowed up to a point then it seem once it got to the 90s it bounced around for each character so you have it may seem like some parts are off because the previous scene doesnt line up with the next which is why im curious to see the 3 hour directors cut and see how the flow is then

as far as Snoop freestyling the Nuthin But A G Thang verse... Idk if you are familiar with Doggystyle and Snoops back ground prior to him making music but he was a huge freestyler back in high school and in numerous interviews and documentaries it has been stated that about 80% of Doggystyle was all Snoop freestyling over Dre's beats... remember snoop freestyling on Arsino Hall show? With that in mind I got the feeling they wanted to showcase how Snoop was just a kid freestyler and thats how he made his early music because if you notice in Snoop introduction he tells Dre "oh let me in the booth I can go right now"... its hollywood so again everything wont be spot on but if you know the history they give reason and hints to why things are portrayed the way they are

and Yella brought Eazy the final version of E. 1999 Eternal... he said here is Bone's new "album" you would be proud which happens to be they best selling album that released 2 months after Eazy died

man it seems like some of yall just wanna down the film with out researching or finding out why the movie skips around and knowing that this is a MOVIE after all so it has to follow along MOVIE standards for the most part

all that is explained in the movie (at fast pace)

Death Row was going good Dre was working on his 2nd album then Pac came on the scene and him and Dre clicked musically but Suge had to be Suge
The timelines are pretty accurate just the movie skips around remember thats why it got bad reviews because the 1st part of the movie flowed up to a point then it seem once it got to the 90s it bounced around for each character so you have it may seem like some parts are off because the previous scene doesnt line up with the next which is why im curious to see the 3 hour directors cut and see how the flow is then

as far as Snoop freestyling the Nuthin But A G Thang verse... Idk if you are familiar with Doggystyle and Snoops back ground prior to him making music but he was a huge freestyler back in high school and in numerous interviews and documentaries it has been stated that about 80% of Doggystyle was all Snoop freestyling over Dre's beats... remember snoop freestyling on Arsino Hall show? With that in mind I got the feeling they wanted to showcase how Snoop was just a kid freestyler and thats how he made his early music because if you notice in Snoop introduction he tells Dre "oh let me in the booth I can go right now"... its hollywood so again everything wont be spot on but if you know the history they give reason and hints to why things are portrayed the way they are

and Yella brought Eazy the final version of E. 1999 Eternal... he said here is Bone's new "album" you would be proud which happens to be they best selling album that released 2 months after Eazy died

man it seems like some of yall just wanna down the film with out researching or finding out why the movie skips around and knowing that this is a MOVIE after all so it has to follow along MOVIE standards for the most part
Dre and Pac never clicked

Eazy got Dre out of jail for parking tickets not being a G as shown in the film.

California Love was not made for Pac.

Dre did not meet Snoop in the studio.

Just way to many little things like this that made a hip hop historian like myself not really able to enjoy the film.

Dre and Pac never clicked

actually they did

I wasnt there im 99% sure you wasnt either but from the given information we have from both parties and families it seems they clicked "musically" like I said

Pac was big on Dre production and process and ear for things (Pac loved Funk and Dre brought him to Geogre Clinton)

Dre also loved how Pac was studio rat just like himself and just wanted to make music

There is actually footage of Pac is at the end of the movie saying how he always wanted to work with Dre and when he got the chance it was crazy. I cant remember word for word what Pac said but it was something to that degree

It was Suge that made Pac this toy solider and turn on everyone

Boys in here nitpicking and dissecting the movie like they Siskel and Ebert...cats mad over the wrong hat being in the movie. :rofl:

Movie was great. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely go see it again. Best part was all us old heads reciting every line whenever a track came on. Had the theatre live!

- Preciate it.

actually they did

I wasnt there im 99% sure you wasnt either but from the given information we have from both parties and families it seems they clicked "musically" like I said

Pac was big on Dre production and process and ear for things (Pac loved Funk and Dre brought him to Geogre Clinton)

Dre also loved how Pac was studio rat just like himself and just wanted to make music

There is actually footage of Pac is at the end of the movie saying how he always wanted to work with Dre and when he got the chance it was crazy. I cant remember word for word what Pac said but it was something to that degree

It was Suge that made Pac this toy solider and turn on everyone
Dre never even made a beat for Pac so how did they click?

I think Tupac said in an interview before that DJ Quik was the one who mixed the whole album, or damn near. I think Dre did "Can't C Me" but that was the same beat as "Who am I". Lazy *** fool. This is why Dre gets a lot of flack. The man gets credit for a lot of shh he had no part in.

didn't he do california love...?
That wasn't for Pac that was Dre song that he had already completed that he basically let Pac hop on Pac needed a banger to get back in the game with so Dre just allowed him to put it on AEOM...

But in reality it's a Dre song ft Pac

Back
Top Bottom