straight up or win by two?

--Win by 2 or straight up. Dont matter as long as its called before the game starts.
--They should have called what they wanted or you should have called what you wanted. Then this whole mess wouldve been avoided.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Win by 2 or straight up. Dont matter as long as its called before the game starts.

Agreed here, as long as people don't change their mind when the game's almost over I don't care...

Originally Posted by i2enDMC

i was playing a pick up game at 24 hour and we got into an argument with the other team. game was to 13, we won 13-12, the other team says we have to win by 2. i just want to see how everyone else in the world plays. also, some guy got pissed because i was setting screens on him. are we allowed to set picks in a pickup game?
At the beginning check ball, you always always call out "to 11, straight up" or whatever it is.just so everyone is on the same page.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Always win by two. Gotta play D for one extra possession to get that W.
Exactly! People act like playing D is just getting a steal. All you need is a damn rebound (and capitalize from it).

I also hate that I'm on a college campus and still run into the occasional "make it, take it" crap. The last time I played "make it, takeit" was in elementary school...

Just gotta make the rules clear when teams are set but I feel the default for 3-on-3 and below should be by 2.

dude is a sore loser... $+#% happens all the time out here in LA...thats why i always make sure i explain everything before the game/early in the game...and iyell out score after every bucket...make sure i dont get cheated...but yeah we usually play straight up, 13 first game, and 11 after that...

Win by 2.

I hate playing straight up because sometimes my team be losing to a lucky shot, I have no problem losing to a lucky shot for the game winner most likely hewasn't the one hitting that basket that gave them the lead

Deuce/Win By 2 unless mad people got next.

But I prefer to just go straight up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by i2enDMC

i was playing a pick up game at 24 hour and we got into an argument with the other team. game was to 13, we won 13-12, the other team says we have to win by 2. i just want to see how everyone else in the world plays. also, some guy got pissed because i was setting screens on him. are we allowed to set picks in a pickup game?
Were you at the 24 hours in Cypress?

^no, it was at a 24 hour in san diego.
i've never played a win-by-2 game unless it was agreed beforehand. i thought it was standard to play straight up because you have people waiting. we saidbefore the game we play up to 13, so i figured that meant straight up.

If there not a huge line of people waiting. 11 by 2 or 15 straight up. You can set screens in pickup basketball but dont be mad if a guy elbowed you. Becausethere are actual screens and then is trying to body somebody up. If dudes try that mess with me, I'll get physical with them.

1st game 15 straight up, 1s and 2s...............everything after is 13 1s and 2s

Losing on the final shot from the most unexpected person is NOT APPRECIATED
devil.gif

Almost always win by 2, but I'll always ask if it gets to 7-7 or something.

A guy whining about screens is a non issue - it's like complaining that somebody is driving through the lane too often.

Running a full court - Straight up because it can go on for a long time.
Half court - Win by two.

Striaght up

Win by 2 can take forever
Especially since some dudes swear they're lights out from deep n stay chucking and play 0 D

yea win by 2.

but if the win by 2 bounces back and forth for another 5 points (if its busy) its ends up being straight up.

Back
Top Bottom