Stranger Things: Season4 in 2022? WTF

This decoration 🔥
3C50FC75-DD83-4CBE-9C3A-2BF52FA55B95.jpeg

There is a writer's strike, if it lasts too long, we not seeing this until maybe late 2024

They were supposed to start filming next month too :smh:

Writing on the fifth season of “Stranger Things” began last August, but Netflix would not comment on whether the scripts have been completed.

There is a writer's strike, if it lasts too long, we not seeing this until maybe late 2024

They were supposed to start filming next month too :smh:
DAMN writers striking again. What for this time, lets be honest writers had it pretty easy with some of the content being pumped out. Also strike really only benefits us behind on various series. Yeah strike for a couple months allow me to catch up on stuff.

...Writing on the fifth season of “Stranger Things” began last August, but Netflix would not comment on whether the scripts have been completed...

Probably means they will film half if strike goes on then do a mid "season" break and do a time jump if the actors and actresses look to old.

DAMN writers striking again. What for this time, lets be honest writers had it pretty easy with some of the content being pumped out. Also strike really only benefits us behind on various series. Yeah strike for a couple months allow me to catch up on stuff.

...Writing on the fifth season of “Stranger Things” began last August, but Netflix would not comment on whether the scripts have been completed...

Probably means they will film half if strike goes on then do a mid "season" break and do a time jump if the actors and actresses look to old.

While there are more jobs, the issue is when you do get a job most series have much shorter seasons. You used to get a job writing a sitcom on a network show and they would have 22 episodes plus it would hit syndication and your residual checks would be much better. Now, with shorter seasons and the residuals on streaming being far less than television, it's a big gap in pay for sure.

The writers have a **** deal

I dunno if they will get everything they want like banning A.I, but they deserve way more than what they get now.

While there are more jobs, the issue is when you do get a job most series have much shorter seasons. You used to get a job writing a sitcom on a network show and they would have 22 episodes plus it would hit syndication and your residual checks would be much better. Now, with shorter seasons and the residuals on streaming being far less than television, it's a big gap in pay for sure.
But doesn't that mean you can write for more shows at once with all the streaming options. Don't know if the same but kid in my grad class has three IT jobs. As long as you keep each "world" or series in one lane should be able to juggle multiple writing jobs.

But doesn't that mean you can write for more shows at once with all the streaming options. Don't know if the same but kid in my grad class has three IT jobs. As long as you keep each "world" or series in one lane should be able to juggle multiple writing jobs.
AFAIK, there are certain exclusivity clauses that prevent it from happening, which is one of the things they are trying to negotiate.

The last WGA strike was 15 years ago. A lot has changed since then.

If the DGA and SAG-AFTRA can't come to a deal with the AMPTP when their contracts are up this summer, it's gonna be a long time before we see any new scripted programming.

Not to claim I have some inside info.

But I have a friend that works on production of Stranger Things. They were prepping to start filming soon. Like June/early July.

The rumor at work is that all the scripts were written but rewrites were probably not completed yet.

So Netflix and the production company has to make a decision how to move forward.

A lot of times
That's something that is likely done remotely I'm guessing and as long as they send their stuff in on time or juggle meetings, it's probably gonna be ok.

Writers don't typically write for television remotely. They're in the writers' room day to day and it's a full-time job. The majority of their money, to my knowledge, comes from residuals, and fewer episodes = less money. So you're right, there are more jobs out there, but most writers aren't looking to pick up job after job after job, the goal is probably stability and to find a place for multiple seasons.

A lot of times

That's something that is likely done remotely I'm guessing and as long as they send their stuff in on time or juggle meetings, it's probably gonna be ok.

Writers don't typically write for television remotely. They're in the writers' room day to day and it's a full-time job. The majority of their money, to my knowledge, comes from residuals, and fewer episodes = less money. So you're right, there are more jobs out there, but most writers aren't looking to pick up job after job after job, the goal is probably stability and to find a place for multiple seasons.
Wild, everyone figured out the benefit of working remote and writers still want to brainstorm in one room. Someone pull up a Zoom link and we can run down some ideas. You had talk show host doing shows remotely during Covid yet we all need to be in a room like we writing for Johnny Carson.

Back
Top Bottom