STREET FIGHTER 4!

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by Dakingii

I dont understand why everyone feels the need to go out and buy an arcade stick. Just use a regular control and alter the button controls to your liking.

I totally agree. I mean, I personally love playing Street Fighter, but I simply don't see myself dropping that much money for a controller that will be used for only ONE game.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting?

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?

Fatal Fury?

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 [as it gets retro'ed]?

Samurai Shodown II?

Virtua Fighter 5?

Tekken 6?

And the need for an arcade stick is just simply how we grew up...

The first time most of us ever touched a video game was an arcade cabinet of Street Fighter II, and we continued to grow accustomed to that specific layout of a joystick and 6 face buttons if we couldn't afford a Sega Genesis with a couple of quarters that we'd rather take to the local liquor store or arcade spot around the corner.

A lot of us can't necessarily do an ultra combo consisting of a joystick movement + 3 face buttons @ the same time on a 360 controller or a PS3 controller, nor could a lot of us pull off the combos we've memorized ever since we were the age of a single-digit number.

In the end, it's our money - not any of yours. Why should it concern any of you about how we spend our own money?

In short: To each, their own.
Well your statement in the end is the answer for all this. Not everyone is in every fighting game out there. That is why I personally feel that I don't need ot buy a $150 arcade stick for a game. Who was questioning any of you of how to spend yourmoney? It was a personal statement regarding the MSRP price of the stick.

Anyway, will this be the last Street Fighter game out or are there plans for future games to this?

Well your statement in the end is the answer for all this. Not everyone is in every fighting game out there. That is why I personally feel that I don't need ot buy a $150 arcade stick for a game. Who was questioning any of you of how to spend your money? It was a personal statement regarding the MSRP price of the stick.

Anyway, will this be the last Street Fighter game out or are there plans for future games to this?
The 2nd half of my post wasn't really directed to you, but more towards Dakingii.

The 1st half was directed to you, though.
laugh.gif

Well your statement in the end is the answer for all this. Not everyone is in every fighting game out there. That is why I personally feel that I don't need ot buy a $150 arcade stick for a game. Who was questioning any of you of how to spend your money? It was a personal statement regarding the MSRP price of the stick.

The 2nd half of my post wasn't really directed to you, but more towards Dakingii.

The 1st half was directed to you, though.
laugh.gif
Yeah I know. Haha...But is there really truth to Marvel VS. Capcom coming back? Or is it just talk?

Someone came across this ESRB listing online:

nlvdlj.jpg

As soon as the internet started buzzin' about it, it was immediately removed.

As Capcom further gets questioned, they reply back, "No comment."

Supposedly, it started from the demand of MVC2 on next-gen, since backwards compatibility is unreliable and online multiplayer was non-existant.

So who knows...?
wink.gif

will it really be hard to play sf4 on the 360 with the regular controller? i dont think ill have enough to buy some fight sticks or a fight pad!! smh

Someone came across this ESRB listing online:

nlvdlj.jpg

As soon as the internet started buzzin' about it, it was immediately removed.

As Capcom further gets questioned, they reply back, "No comment."

Supposedly, it started from the demand of MVC2 on next-gen, since backwards compatibility is unreliable and online multiplayer was non-existant.

So who knows...?
wink.gif

It makes a lot of sense, Because the earlier SF titles like the Alpha series were the basis for the Marvel Vs. games and spin-offs...

So it's only right SF4's new engine would be the basis for spin-offs for years to come. MVC3 on SF4's engine...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by supasteezy

will it really be hard to play sf4 on the 360 with the regular controller? i dont think ill have enough to buy some fight sticks or a fight pad!! smh
i dunno, if you like playing ssf2hd on the xbox controller, then maybe you wont mind, but if you want the best exp, i suggest a fightstick.
i cant never go back to playing an arcade fighting game without a fightstick anymore, its just insanely difficult for me.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

mvc2... most overrated fighting game ever created. yeah i said it.

sorry but thats what dudes say who get beat in the arcade all the time.... true story

I love mvc2 but I sorta agree and disagree. It made dragon punches a lost art with help from anti-air helpers and air combo launchers. The game itself was funtho but it was too "easy". I find it hard for anyone to suck at MVC2. Not to say I am good or anything but skill level difference creates too much ofa mismatch, a very skilled player can throw one of those infinite combo and you are basically finished.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I love mvc2 but I sorta agree and disagree. It made dragon punches a lost art with help from anti-air helpers and air combo launchers. The game itself was fun tho but it was too "easy". I find it hard for anyone to suck at MVC2. Not to say I am good or anything but skill level difference creates too much of a mismatch, a very skilled player can throw one of those infinite combo and you are basically finished.
the difficulty it takes and time and effort i can't blame people. also you can say this about anything. I don't judge games by this sincegetting into competitive scene. i've ehard people make the same cries about melee and other stuff.

AN AMAZING YOUTUBE vid you guys need to see is mahvel / mahvel 2. i can't link but just search that it's amazing.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I love mvc2 but I sorta agree and disagree. It made dragon punches a lost art with help from anti-air helpers and air combo launchers. The game itself was fun tho but it was too "easy". I find it hard for anyone to suck at MVC2. Not to say I am good or anything but skill level difference creates too much of a mismatch, a very skilled player can throw one of those infinite combo and you are basically finished.
the difficulty it takes and time and effort i can't blame people. also you can say this about anything. I don't judge games by this since getting into competitive scene. i've ehard people make the same cries about melee and other stuff.

AN AMAZING YOUTUBE vid you guys need to see is mahvel / mahvel 2. i can't link but just search that it's amazing.
roll.gif
roll.gif
I just watched those "Mahvel" videos. Hahahahaha.

its MAHVEL BAYBEE.� he got dat mango sentinel... that ____ new york knicks lololol..� this game isbroken as hell, see that infinite on the assist partner at 0:10??? and for those of u who want to order an alternative solution to your joysticks, hit up thislink: http://www.aiabstore.com/main.sc.� they make the best joysticks, and u can put a custom art picture onit.� my friend has one and the quality is top notch.

so apparently for the gamestop tournament, they are making everyone use the standard xbox 360 controller.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jae oh en

so apparently for the gamestop tournament, they are making everyone use the standard xbox 360 controller.
laugh.gif
Changing the G in Gamestop to L once again.

No Ultra combos and what if people need to switch it up at all config wise?

Change it after each match?

Back
Top Bottom