Strongly Considering Moving To Atlanta...Looking For Some Insight From Those Who Reside In ATL...

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

ATL
pimp.gif
. Home of fine breezies and southern foods
pimp.gif
alien.gif
, ATL birds are overrated, and they are not that fine.

NYC >

I don't know why so many of you, KNOWING who shops at Lenox and up in Buckhead in general, continue to go there...

I've been to Lenox like TWICE in my lifetime. I've been to Phipps many, MANY times, but only to go to Nike and Polo. The rest of the time I go toFilenes across the street... Other than that, I stay the hell away.

Anyway, moving from the Chi would rock out for you, cuzzo. My daughter's mom was from there, and I had a pretty good time while I was there, but it wasjust like The D, with more money downtown... That wasn't dopeness on a stick, that was disguised weak sauce. She was a 'burban chick, and I liked theWest Side... Go figure.

If you move down here, you'll be pleased. I guarantee it. Its got all of the hubub of a big city, with all the slowness of a small town, if you canunderstand what that means. I love it here. And the fact that you can play Wooderson with the AUC and GA State chicks is NOT a negative at all... Atlanta
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by bizzygunts

Atl is homosexual capital USA, I never came out of the airport when I was there and the concentration of gay dudes in the airport was like the same ratio as a random block in The Village, NYC.

Scary

but, I heard the chicks got some banana booties down there
i cant front......

there are many black homosexuals down here. my first time in Lenox mall i was like
eek.gif

the hell is going on? my dad even pointed it out also. OD

I remember my 1st time going to Lenox and and i couldnt believe how many homosexuals were in the mall kissing and working in all the expensive stores.

Strokers ain't bad at all.

I do know that Tip Drill b, the credit card b, act like that video wasn't 5 years ago.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Its got all of the hubub of a big city, with all the slowness of a small town
That's EXACTLY what I loved about it.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by DIGGIN IN THE SCENE

Magic City
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I must go there
[color= rgb(204, 255, 102)]My dudes dropped $1300 in there and the brauds was just like[/color]
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
[color= rgb(204, 255, 102)]... **** is funny ...[/color]

[color= rgb(204, 255, 102)]Only thing I do hate is the traffic & the fact that it's the hm capital of theSouth ... besides that ....
pimp.gif
.... there is always something to do and always a spot w/ superb food open.[/color]

[color= rgb(204, 255, 102)]Leaving the club to get pizza, blue MFs & LITs =[/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm also considerin that move my self. Me and my girl fittin to take a trip down there for Spring Break to see if we feelin the city and what not. Inoticed that most southern cities I been to are too "laid back" to me considerin I lived in the north my whole life (PA stand up!!!!) but I think wemay like it. If it's in God's will, we will be residents of Atlanta in 2yrs

I have a 6 and a 8 year old. How is the school system in the A?
I work VERY closely with the Atlanta Public School system, and you don't really want to put your kids there... I come from a City where theschools aren't peachy, but this was ridiculous when I first saw what goes on here...

First, the teachers are practically beaten into submission by the administrators. There is no Union here, or if it is, it was/is a joke. I wasn't used tothat coming from Detroit where they have one of the strongest in the country... On the actual teaching side, the instructors are undervalued, under/overpaid(if you get what I'm saying), and their work largely shows it. They teach SO much for the damned CRCT that actual teaching of the subjects gets lost in theshuffle. And don't get me started on the PE and other things that help keep kids in line during school and out of trouble... they are practicallynon-existent.

Some administrators try, but this damn testing stuff really messes everybody up. The counselors I end up hiring for our after school programs end up having tore-teach everything the kids are supposed to be learning because so may just don't care.

I hate to go hard on the schools, but hell... If you saw what I saw, you'd feel the same way. Its no wonder there are so many people moving to Atlanta, yetthe City closes at least two schools a year because of low numbers... I've had three of mine close in the last year alone.

But hey... It could be worse... we could be Mississippi!

I....MUST. MOVE. THERE.

I'm going there at the end of February for a college trip, and try going there again as a 21st birthday present.

But yeah OP go for it.

High Class Scum Bag wrote:

I remember my 1st time going to Lenox and and i couldnt believe how many homosexuals were in the mall kissing and working in all the expensive stores.

What the hell man
grin.gif

Dudes kissin in the streets. Damn I hate how this world is turning.

But I keep hearing good things about ATL man. I might have to make a trip sooner or later

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Now, that I've come back to the Chi I've been seriously considering making the move for myself and my fam as well.

Good luck with that. You know how much temptation there is down here? I always said that if I were to get married, I'd have to move outta this city. Waaay too much. It's definately fun though. I enjoy living here, and there are a lot of gay men, but look at it this way.. That makes more women tochoose from
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
... OH, my bad... You have a family
smh.gif
See what I mean? ...

atl is like the black homosexual capital of the USA.

im not even talking smack either.

On another note... Are you all saying Magic City because you've heard of it before, or because you really think it is the bizness? Because Magic City iscool, Strokers is cool, But Onyx and the Body Tap are the best strip clubs in The A, hands down.

If you callin me a liar, I'm callin ducktales on you ever even BEING to a strip club. Cuz MC is overpriced, the chicks are saditty, and the parking costsway too ffn much.

You go to the Body Tap on Wednesdays and you see a show. I already told y'all how LeBron came in on his 21st and simply raised his hands and they let looseabout 30K they had strapped to the ceiling... the definition of making it rain. I already told y'all about how Big Boi and Jeezy got into a money fight attwo opposite ends of the floor, each peeling the tape off stacks of hunnits and tossing them at each other like grenades... I already told y'all about thetime 8 Ball & MJG, BG, Choppa (from Da Band) and Gucci Mane decided to give an impromptu concert AFTER seeing the chick pick up 10- $1 bills on one end,turn around and make them come out ONE BY ONE the other...

Dude... ya'll stark amateurs if you thinkin the places they talk about are the bestest places in the whole wide world... You can't even pinch thechicks in the City...

laugh.gif
when I got down here, I was like a kid in a cnady store, literally. Mondays and Tuesdays were the only times we DIDN'T go out, and that stopped afterwe hit that lick in August... Body Tap Wednesdays, Poole Palace on Thursdays, Vegas Nights (Or Visions) on Fridays, 112 (or Visions, or Frequency) onSaturdays, Insomnia or South Beach on Sundays... Sleep on Monday and Tuesday and do it all over again... Whew! And don't let it be a holiday... The placesare packed to the brim with people thinking just like you: "Do I wanna move here? Hmmm... Lemme have as MUCH fun as I can to convince myself!"
roll.gif
... Ducks in a barrel...

I don't hate Atlanta, but I cannot see myself living here. It's not a bad place at all really. As other people said, there is good food, good living.However, if you do not have a car, forget about doing anything or going anywhere, the same routine will get mundane real quick. Traffic is a mess, the onlygood thing I can say about MARTA is that it gets me to the airport, bums can be a menace sometimes. Don't take my word for it though, I'm just anout-of-state student
laugh.gif

As for education, I was given an opportunity to tutor elementary school children on basic reading and writing. I was shocked at the level of education theyhad. You can send your kids here, but please be there for them not just to teach, but to protect as well. The environment that they grow up in is veryimportant so please please encourage your children to do well so their foundation is set.

Originally Posted by JoeBonnano

On another note... Are you all saying Magic City because you've heard of it before, or because you really think it is the bizness? Because Magic City is cool, Strokers is cool, But Onyx and the Body Tap are the best strip clubs in The A, hands down.

If you callin me a liar, I'm callin ducktales on you ever even BEING to a strip club. Cuz MC is overpriced, the chicks are saditty, and the parking costs way too ffn much.

You go to the Body Tap on Wednesdays and you see a show. I already told y'all how LeBron came in on his 21st and simply raised his hands and they let loose about 30K they had strapped to the ceiling... the definition of making it rain. I already told y'all about how Big Boi and Jeezy got into a money fight at two opposite ends of the floor, each peeling the tape off stacks of hunnits and tossing them at each other like grenades... I already told y'all about the time 8 Ball & MJG, BG, Choppa (from Da Band) and Gucci Mane decided to give an impromptu concert AFTER seeing the chick pick up 10- $1 bills on one end, turn around and make them come out ONE BY ONE the other...

Dude... ya'll stark amateurs if you thinkin the places they talk about are the bestest places in the whole wide world... You can't even pinch the chicks in the City...

laugh.gif
when I got down here, I was like a kid in a cnady store, literally. Mondays and Tuesdays were the only times we DIDN'T go out, and that stopped after we hit that lick in August... Body Tap Wednesdays, Poole Palace on Thursdays, Vegas Nights (Or Visions) on Fridays, 112 (or Visions, or Frequency) on Saturdays, Insomnia or South Beach on Sundays... Sleep on Monday and Tuesday and do it all over again... Whew! And don't let it be a holiday... The places are packed to the brim with people thinking just like you: "Do I wanna move here? Hmmm... Lemme have as MUCH fun as I can to convince myself!"
roll.gif
... Ducks in a barrel...

Word?! You be doin it like that?! I might need to ride wit you for a WEEK
laugh.gif

Truth...
smh.gif

[table][tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
nyc>atl

i agree.

atl is like the down south version of nyc.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
More truth...
pimp.gif

Co-$ign
tired.gif

I went to the Apple Store in the Lenox Mall and a few seconds later, this tall gay dude rockin super tight jeans tucked in some cowboy boots with a pinkbandanna round his neck and rockin microbraids. i was like
roll.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom