Stupid things eBayer's say...

Originally Posted by chabbbboi23

I always get the buyers that think its ok to pay me 3-5 days after the auction ends when I require payment to be sent within 24 hours. I send invoices and emails asking when they plan on paying me and I get no reply. Then they get mad and tell me im a horrible seller because I relist the item. Im dealing with one of the those people right now.
30t6p3b.gif

technically ebays rules state that the buyer has 5 days to pay.  that's the reason you can't open a non paying bidder claim until the 5th day.

while you may "require" the buyer to pay within 24 hours, ebay says they have up until 5 days to pay you.

as a seller ideally i prefer a prompt immediate payment, but if a buyer is considerate enough to contact me prior to bidding and tells me that they'll send the payment a few days after the auction ends and they stick to their word then i could deal with that although the majority of my auctions are buy it now immediate payment required.

Originally Posted by Gry60

I ended up putting them up for auction and they sold for $15 more than my BIN asking price.

Something similar has happened to me a few times. The listing ends w/a low starting. I wait a ~week and relist with a slightly higher starting and it goes for more. Can't complain in the end.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dabossofbosses

a while ago i won like 7 shirts from the same seller and it was $10.00 shipping per shirt he would not combine shipping had to pay $70.00 bucks shipping for 7 t shirts.... that"s way od if you ask me

blatant %%!#$#%$ 

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by kdawg

My best one is when I sold a pair of pants and the guy complained that when he opened the package there was only one - I guess describing them as a pair of pants confused him.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

a while ago i won like 7 shirts from the same seller and it was $10.00 shipping per shirt he would not combine shipping had to pay $70.00 bucks shipping for 7 t shirts.... that"s way od if you ask me

you agreed to those terms by winning those auctions.
would have taken you 30 seconds to send him a message and ask beforehand
this is what I'm talking about, dudes asking to change the terms of a deal AFTER agreeing.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

blatant %%!#$#%$ 

hell no.

if i were you, i would've refused to pay for them unless he adjusted the shipping to something more reasonable. it don't cost $70 to ship 7 shirts and that seller knew that. if he refused to reason with you then that's his time wasted having to relist 7 items. on top of that from a business perspective if someones willing to purchase 7 items im selling in a single transaction it's common sense to try and be somewhat accomadating to them because from a time aspect he's getting rid of 7 items in 1 shot, making 1 trip to the post office to ship those 7 items and moving them quicker then moving them 1 by 1.

i would've inboxed him telling him that if he doesn't want to provide a more reasonable shipping price that he can relist all 7 shirts again as i would be taking my business elsewhere and that a nasty negative feedback would be left that could affect and take potential future customers away from him.

all that said it would be better to inbox the seller prior to bidding and asking if they combine shipping.   if they refuse to give a deal on shipping if i buy a significant amount of items then i'll take my business elsewhere

on top of that if they don't want to combine shipping then i would request that they ship each item seperately as im not going to be a free come up for them.  if they refuse to ship them seperately and when i get the items and i see that shipping only cost them around $20 and they charged me $70 then im contacting ebay and letting them handle it and i know they tend to be very buyer friendly especially when one is paying with a credit card.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by chabbbboi23

I always get the buyers that think its ok to pay me 3-5 days after the auction ends when I require payment to be sent within 24 hours. I send invoices and emails asking when they plan on paying me and I get no reply. Then they get mad and tell me im a horrible seller because I relist the item. Im dealing with one of the those people right now.
30t6p3b.gif

technically ebays rules state that the buyer has 5 days to pay.  that's the reason you can't open a non paying bidder claim until the 5th day.

while you may "require" the buyer to pay within 24 hours, ebay says they have up until 5 days to pay you.

as a seller ideally i prefer a prompt immediate payment, but if a buyer is considerate enough to contact me prior to bidding and tells me that they'll send the payment a few days after the auction ends and they stick to their word then i could deal with that although the majority of my auctions are buy it now immediate payment required.

Yeah i understand that. I dont mind waiting a couple of days to get the payment. Like you said If the buyer emails me before they bid or right after they win and tell me when they plan to pay thats fine. Its a problem when they dont contact me and ignore all my emails. Happens almost everytime I sell something on ebay.

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Originally Posted by KingOfKicks805

eBayers are all reselling !+%$+%+$
frown.gif

^THISResellers always ghost bid on their items to up their selling price!!

Ghost bidding is like my biggest pet peeve.  If I suspect a seller doing that then I'll stop buying from that seller and probably report it to Ebay.

As for the shipping rate, I have the same view as ThunderChunk.  I'll ask beforehand if they combine shipping, and if they don't then I probably won't bid.  The shipping inflation is whatever, I just bid accordingly.

As for stupid things ebayers say, I won some shoes and I had a seller ask me if I would do the transaction through paypal, and I asked him if he still had to pay the fees anyway since the auction was over and he said "no, I can just file an 'item not paid' claim, but it won't effect you though." I said no thanks and paid through ebay
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ColdCity

blatant %%!#$#%$ 

hell no.

if i were you, i would've refused to pay for them unless he adjusted the shipping to something more reasonable. it don't cost $70 to ship 7 shirts and that seller knew that. if he refused to reason with you then that's his time wasted having to relist 7 items. on top of that from a business perspective if someones willing to purchase 7 items im selling in a single transaction it's common sense to try and be somewhat accomadating to them because from a time aspect he's getting rid of 7 items in 1 shot, making 1 trip to the post office to ship those 7 items and moving them quicker then moving them 1 by 1.

i would've inboxed him telling him that if he doesn't want to provide a more reasonable shipping price that he can relist all 7 shirts again as i would be taking my business elsewhere and that a nasty negative feedback would be left that could affect and take potential future customers away from him.

all that said it would be better to inbox the seller prior to bidding and asking if they combine shipping.   if they refuse to give a deal on shipping if i buy a significant amount of items then i'll take my business elsewhere

on top of that if they don't want to combine shipping then i would request that they ship each item seperately as im not going to be a free come up for them.  if they refuse to ship them seperately and when i get the items and i see that shipping only cost them around $20 and they charged me $70 then im contacting ebay and letting them handle it and i know they tend to be very buyer friendly especially when one is paying with a credit card.
This is exaclty how I'd approach this situation. $70 to ship a handful of shirts!? Damn that. I just dont understand why the buyer wasnt able/willing to work with you. You won 7 of his items.
I guess all this really boils down to is that scumbags in real life are scumbags online.  

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Originally Posted by KingOfKicks805

eBayers are all reselling !+%$+%+$
frown.gif

^THISResellers always ghost bid on their items to up their selling price!!

Ghost bidding is like my biggest pet peeve.  If I suspect a seller doing that then I'll stop buying from that seller and probably report it to Ebay.

As for the shipping rate, I have the same view as ThunderChunk.  I'll ask beforehand if they combine shipping, and if they don't then I probably won't bid.  The shipping inflation is whatever, I just bid accordingly.

As for stupid things ebayers say, I won some shoes and I had a seller ask me if I would do the transaction through paypal, and I asked him if he still had to pay the fees anyway since the auction was over and he said "no, I can just file an 'item not paid' claim, but it won't effect you though." I said no thanks and paid through ebay
30t6p3b.gif

this i agree with as well,  i'll ask before hand so that i'm not shocked to find out the seller doesn't combine shipping after winning a bunch of his auctions.

HOWEVER if i win 5 hats or shirts or what have you and the seller wants to charge me full price shipping on each item, i would tell them that if their going to charge me full shipping for each seperate auction then their not going to combine all the items in 1 box. i want each item shipped seperately so that they have to pay the most money possible shipping.   if they refuse to do it, i would just call my credit card company upon receiving the items and file a partial credit card chargeback for the huge difference in shipping costs from what they charged me and what they actually paid to ship everything. it's the principle of things, their trying to get over on someone with the shipping costs and i don't play that funny stuff.

i have no problem compromising with a seller and paying a few bucks extra for each additional item as i realize shipping isn't free, however i won't participate in a 1 sided deal. in the case with the other guy, it costs about $20 tops to ship 5 shirts,  if i was charged $70 for shipping and they only paid $20 to ship, im filing a $50 credit card chargeback and getting my money back, and i'm reporting them to ebay for excessive shipping costs.

regarding the sellers trying to get you to cancel the auction so he don't get hit with fees, i don't blame you for refusing as he was trying to make that a 1 sided affair that only benifits him.  you don't get ebay bucks when he does that and he saves on fees.  i have no problem with the cancelling an auction method as long as it benifits both sides.  in the past i would refund the buyer $5 if they agreed to cancel the transaction,  i save $15 or so on fees and they save a few bucks as well.  both sides win.

Thunderchunk- you can't really think its ok for him to charge me $70.00 for 7 t shirts he had it in a medium flat rate box that's just ripping you off and being a ****.. I guess birds of a feather flock together.

Thunderchunk- you can't really think its ok for him to charge me $70.00 for 7 t shirts he had it in a medium flat rate box that's just ripping you off and being a ****.. I guess birds of a feather flock together.
you think it's ok to make a deal and then ask to change everything afterwards?

and like I said, I've never done any of those things, but it does irk me that buyers do this.

literally takes 30 seconds to send a message beforehand, rather than "assuming" a seller combines shipping and then getting butthurt when he doesn't change the terms you agreed on by buying them.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

this is what I'm talking about, dudes asking to change the terms of a deal AFTER agreeing.

indifferent.gif

im sorry but it doesnt even cost $10 to ship one shirt and let alone to have the audacity to try and charge $70 shipping for 7 shirts. i would have just left 7 negative feedbacks and moved on.

indifferent.gif

im sorry but it doesnt even cost $10 to ship one shirt and let alone to have the audacity to try and charge $70 shipping for 7 shirts. i would have just left 7 negative feedbacks and moved on.
and ebay can remove those negative feedbacks.
It just means you don't read what you bid on, because it said $10 shipping and said he didnt combine.

you can do as you please, it just means you don't know how to complete a transaction like an adult.

indifferent.gif

It just means you don't read what you bid on, because it said $10 shipping and said he didnt combine.

you can do as you please, it just means you don't know how to complete a transaction like an adult.

I highly doubt eBay would remove the negative feedback after they hear the whole story tho. eBay is very strict about shipping prices and sellers overcharging. If the seller charges $70 for shipping and the seller proceeds to send the stuff in a flat rate box with a $15 postage stamp it's a problem. The seller combined all 7 items into 1 box but charged shipping 7 separate times. The only way he could get away with charging someone for shipping 7 times is if he shipped each item seperately. eBay would take exception to the sellers practice in that situation and a claim opened with PayPal would result in a significant shipping refund

indifferent.gif

I highly doubt eBay would remove the negative feedback after they hear the whole story tho. eBay is very strict about shipping prices and sellers overcharging. If the seller charges $70 for shipping and the seller proceeds to send the stuff in a flat rate box with a $15 postage stamp it's a problem. The seller combined all 7 items into 1 box but charged shipping 7 separate times. The only way he could get away with charging someone for shipping 7 times is if he shipped each item seperately. eBay would take exception to the sellers practice in that situation and a claim opened with PayPal would result in a significant shipping refund

if you state your shipping policy
and the buyer leaves a neg because you wouldnt change it... ebay would remove it
eyes.gif

they aren't the moral police.

shill bidders are the worst though. You really think that its normal that your cactus foamposites had 1 bid 20 minutes ago, then 20 minutes later I see 40 bids?

I understand what you are saying Chunk but as a seller myself I know it somewhat annoying dealing combining shipping after the fact but it takes the same amount of time to send an updated invoice and charge the actual shipping price.

if you state your shipping policy
and the buyer leaves a neg because you wouldnt change it... ebay would remove it
eyes.gif

they aren't the moral police.

I see what your saying but each auction won is a seperate transaction. If their charging full price shipping for each individual item eBay would expect them to ship each item individually if they charge full price for it. I've seen situations like that happen on there in the past. I rather just ask before bidding to avoid problems on both sides but eBay has taken exception to situations like that in the past

I see what your saying but each auction won is a seperate transaction. If their charging full price shipping for each individual item eBay would expect them to ship each item individually if they charge full price for it. I've seen situations like that happen on there in the past. I rather just ask before bidding to avoid problems on both sides but eBay has taken exception to situations like that in the past
agreed, it doesn't hurt to ask and a seller should WANT to combine shipping.
but a buyer shouldn't AGREE to buy something then try to make a deal or change something afterwards, imo, that is way more condescending and disrespectful than the other-way around.

I buy U-line boxes because I know as a buyer I hate crushed hats.
I had a guy buy multiples and beg me to ship in a flat rate box I know is too small 
alien.gif
 so he can save $.

and in the end most likely give me a neg and/or ask for $ as reimbursement. 
eyes.gif

I agree with that completely. I'll ask beforehand just to avoid the hassle. Selling wise your good in my book tho.

I got an Orlando magic hat to match the eggplants off you a month or so ago and everything went perfect.

Back
Top Bottom