Sucker Punch

Yeahhhhhh this is looking like a dl instead haha.
Was gonna go tonight, but decided to stay home anyway

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by shogun

i was going to watch it tomorrow in imax 3d, but now i'm having second thoughts.
i heard on the radio that reviewers were giving it 0 to 1 stars.  0 freaking stars.  
sick.gif

i don't want to spend all that money just to watch a junk movie.
I mean thats cool and all bro
but all that money 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

$10 is all that money 

DAMN, imax is like 25 bucks around here
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

A large bag of crystal meth
laugh.gif

I really wanted this movie to be good, too, since it's a predominantly female cast. Oh well.

A large bag of crystal meth
laugh.gif

I really wanted this movie to be good, too, since it's a predominantly female cast. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by shogun

i was going to watch it tomorrow in imax 3d, but now i'm having second thoughts.
i heard on the radio that reviewers were giving it 0 to 1 stars.  0 freaking stars.  
sick.gif

i don't want to spend all that money just to watch a junk movie.
I mean thats cool and all bro
but all that money 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

$10 is all that money 

DAMN, imax is like 25 bucks around here
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This sucked. Absolutely terrible..

What I wrote on another board..

Yup, well worth the reviews.

I was PSYCHED to see this since I heard about it.

I very rarely dislike any movie I go see. I'll know when it wasn't great, not very good, or even bad. But terrible? Rarely terrible.

This was terrible. Boggles my mind how a film like this even got GREENLIT. The script is so poor. The only way I can people backing this is by saying we have pretty faces attached to the project already, which it does, but oh my God was it horrendous. The first couple minutes it sets up alright, the tone wasn't accepted by my audience at all and I don't blame them. This is a film with identity crisis. The film LOOKS fine, but it's just not enough.

It's funny how so many people thought it was David Carradine in the movie, when it was Scott Glenn.

Sometimes a film comes out that people tear apart but it has a niche audience. There is no audience for this film. I'm a huge Snyder fan, but this was BAD.

I'm going to go into detail here, so SPOILERS....

Spoiler [+]
Where do I fricking start? You get the backstory of the film for about 15 minutes in a mental asylum, father trying to get rid of his daughter, and as soon as you think she's going to get lobotomized, it switches to the womens prison? Is that even the right evaluation? What the hell kind of place are they in? It's part brothel, part prison, part dance school, but mostly STUPID. I just can't sympathize for this film at all. So apparently, Babydoll can dance, and sends everyone into a trance who watches, including herself, and her and her girls somehow are able to fight off bad guys in her trance-dreams. But her friends in the prison also are allowed to move freely while everyone else is in the trance, but they can't mess up in the dream or it'll affect them in real life! Nightmare on Elm Street anyone?

So you get the premise of the film pretty early. They want to escape and they need five items, four of which they know of. So that means we have to sit through four of her little trance dreams, which is where all the action takes place. After the first one, I was totally disinterested. There wasn't enough substance to keep my attention. About an hour in, I was waiting for the damn thing to end. There are no major plot twists or anything worth noting.

LAME.

1/10.

Minimal grade I can give to a film, and it earned it.

But they have my money, which is all I'm convinced they wanted to achieve with this film. I'll buy the MFing blu-ray too because I want to see Snyder defend this piece of trash. It makes me think that Snyder can't be original.

Dawn of the Dead, a remake (although not too similar to the original).
300, not an original concept, but was a beautiful film.
Watchmen, obviously not original.
This tried to be original, but it was a train wreck for beginning to end.

The movie LOOKS fine, but if you can be suckered into a film just because it looks good? Go ahead and watch it. No substance behind this piece of garbage.

I very rarely dislike any movie I go see. I'll know when it wasn't great, not very good, or even bad. But terrible? Rarely terrible.

This was terrible. Boggles my mind how a film like this even got GREENLIT. The script is so poor. The only way I can people backing this is by saying we have pretty faces attached to the project already, which it does, but oh my God was it horrendous. The first couple minutes it sets up alright, the tone wasn't accepted by my audience at all and I don't blame them. This is a film with identity crisis. The film LOOKS fine, but it's just not enough.

It's funny how so many people thought it was David Carradine in the movie, when it was Scott Glenn.

Sometimes a film comes out that people tear apart but it has a niche audience. There is no audience for this film. I'm a huge Snyder fan, but this was BAD.

Spoiler [+]
Where do I fricking start? You get the backstory of the film for about 15 minutes in a mental asylum, father trying to get rid of his daughter, and as soon as you think she's going to get lobotomized, it switches to the womens prison? Is that even the right evaluation? What the hell kind of place are they in? It's part brothel, part prison, part dance school, but mostly STUPID. I just can't sympathize for this film at all. So apparently, Babydoll can dance, and sends everyone into a trance who watches, including herself, and her and her girls somehow are able to fight off bad guys in her trance-dreams. But her friends in the prison also are allowed to move freely while everyone else is in the trance, but they can't mess up in the dream or it'll affect them in real life! Nightmare on Elm Street anyone?

So you get the premise of the film pretty early. They want to escape and they need five items, four of which they know of. So that means we have to sit through four of her little trance dreams, which is where all the action takes place. After the first one, I was totally disinterested. There wasn't enough substance to keep my attention. About an hour in, I was waiting for the damn thing to end. There are no major plot twists or anything worth noting.

LAME.

1/10.

But they have my money, which is all I'm convinced they wanted to achieve with this film. I'll buy the MFing blu-ray too because I want to see Snyder defend this piece of trash. It makes me think that Snyder can't be original.

The movie LOOKS fine, but if you can be suckered into a film just because it looks good? Go ahead and watch it. No substance behind this piece of garbage.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by whiterails

[h1]The 9 Most Scathing Critical Responses to Sucker Punch[/h1]

9. “An unerotic unthrilling erotic thriller in the video game mold, Sucker Punch is Last Airbenderwith bustiers.

9. “An unerotic unthrilling erotic thriller in the video game mold, Sucker Punch is Last Airbenderwith bustiers.

i wish i could see an imax 3d movie for 10 bucks.  things cost like 17 bones. 

i just cop a regular movie ticket though and grab some glasses out of the recycling.  eff it.  if you go to like a midnight show or something it's easy enough to do.

i wish i could see an imax 3d movie for 10 bucks.  things cost like 17 bones. 

i just cop a regular movie ticket though and grab some glasses out of the recycling.  eff it.  if you go to like a midnight show or something it's easy enough to do.

No one's digging this movie?
laugh.gif
. Guess I'll wait til it hits the 3 dollar theater in a couple months.

300 was ill, I didn't drool over it like alot of folks did, Watchmen wasn't that bad either.
The Dawn of the Dead remake was my favorite from Zack Snyder, maybe cause I'm biased towards zombies.

I just pray he what he does with The Man of Steel turns out to be something great, he did say it will be the "most realistic" film he's made despite being a Superman movie, it's not gonna be heavily green screen influenced like his other films.

No one's digging this movie?
laugh.gif
. Guess I'll wait til it hits the 3 dollar theater in a couple months.

300 was ill, I didn't drool over it like alot of folks did, Watchmen wasn't that bad either.
The Dawn of the Dead remake was my favorite from Zack Snyder, maybe cause I'm biased towards zombies.

I just pray he what he does with The Man of Steel turns out to be something great, he did say it will be the "most realistic" film he's made despite being a Superman movie, it's not gonna be heavily green screen influenced like his other films.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Spoiler [+]

LAME.

1/10.

I just saw this film last night and while i do agree with most of your points i don't agree that it was a terrible movie. I watch all kinds of movies and with this film i KNEW that i wouldnt be getting any ground breaking plot like other films. If u come into this movie expecting ACTION, sexy ladies with guns, and monsters then you found a perfect movie to do so. The acting wasn't all that great (watching 4 girls cry in a room wasn't that entertaining). I came into the movie just expecting over the top visuals and pretty much got it. I wouldn't say this movie was TERRIBLE but mostly a flick for men who want to stare at cool things

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Spoiler [+]

LAME.

1/10.

I just saw this film last night and while i do agree with most of your points i don't agree that it was a terrible movie. I watch all kinds of movies and with this film i KNEW that i wouldnt be getting any ground breaking plot like other films. If u come into this movie expecting ACTION, sexy ladies with guns, and monsters then you found a perfect movie to do so. The acting wasn't all that great (watching 4 girls cry in a room wasn't that entertaining). I came into the movie just expecting over the top visuals and pretty much got it. I wouldn't say this movie was TERRIBLE but mostly a flick for men who want to stare at cool things

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
am I the only one that enjoyed it?

Hot chicks, guns, swords, nazi zombies, orgres, dragons, robots? They surely know the way to my fantasy world heart.

Story could of been so much better but mindless action? On spot.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hot chicks, guns, swords, nazi zombies, orgres, dragons, robots? They surely know the way to my fantasy world heart.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I second this.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I second this.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I second this.
third

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I second this.
third

Back
Top Bottom