*SUGAR BOWL ALABAMA vs. UTAH**

Alabama was smoke n mirrors this year. no speed outside, no game changer at QB or RB.

Still - everyone talks how these undefeated non-BCS conference teams couldn't hold their own in a conference like the SEC, but you just said smoke andmirrors is how bama rolled through that conference this year. So obviously it can be done.. maybe not consistently... but eventually playing in a conferencelike this would get them better recruits too, and so on and so on until they're all on the same page anyways talent-wise.

The only thing keeping these smaller teams from competing in conferences like this is the opportunity to do so.

I'm really sick of the SEC-hype machine on NT and in the national media. It's gotten out of control, where every bowl game they're in it's ahuge "speed" advantage.
eyes.gif

Exile,

That's exactly what I'm sayin.
Bama, was the beneficiary of a down year in SEC.

And Saban & co. capitalized on poor QB play from that entire conference

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Alabama was smoke n mirrors this year. no speed outside, no game changer at QB or RB.

Still - everyone talks how these undefeated non-BCS conference teams couldn't hold their own in a conference like the SEC, but you just said smoke and mirrors is how bama rolled through that conference this year. So obviously it can be done.. maybe not consistently... but eventually playing in a conference like this would get them better recruits too, and so on and so on until they're all on the same page anyways talent-wise.

The only thing keeping these smaller teams from competing in conferences like this is the opportunity to do so.

I'm really sick of the SEC-hype machine on NT and in the national media. It's gotten out of control, where every bowl game they're in it's a huge "speed" advantage.
eyes.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

I'm really sick of the SEC-hype machine on NT and in the national media. It's gotten out of control, where every bowl game they're in it's a huge "speed" advantage.
eyes.gif
nerd.gif
wait hold up, wasn't it only 2 years ago when OSU was supposed to smash on Florida because they were too strong and too skilled for the SECGators?

Yeah the media hypes up this speed advantage a little too much, but no one here thought Bama was going to win because they were too fast for Utah. I thoughtBama was going to win because they play good D & have a great running game.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

that speed just showed up
that wasnt speed son
laugh.gif

that was a real playmaker stepping up.

I didn't even know they switched from FS to CB until he made the all-SEC team.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

eyes.gif
nerd.gif
wait hold up, wasn't it only 2 years ago when OSU was supposed to smash on Florida because they were too strong and too skilled for the SEC Gators?

Yeah the media hypes up this speed advantage a little too much, but no one here thought Bama was going to win because they were too fast for Utah. I thought Bama was going to win because they play good D & have a great running game.
I almost never buy into what they're selling - but yes, they were pushing that line of trash thought too.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Utah isn't this good?

I thought Alabama was a dominant force in the SEC, the "best" conference in the country?

Simply put, Utah is dominating a high-profile SEC squad on national television.
if utah was in the sec they'd be the new york knicks
Stop it. The SEC wasn't that good this year.

Georgia - Overrated
LSU - Garbage, No QB
Ole Miss - I was actually impressed with Ole Miss, but they got off to a slow start and had spells of inconsistency.
Bama - Beat an overrated Georgia squad, destroyed a garbage LSU squad.

Only elite team was Florida.

Yeah, I said it, SEC "The hypebeast conference"....
roll.gif

Just to add, I agree with Gunna, Utah isn't that good. They should have lost to Oregon State and TCU.
you mean to tell me that they'd run the table. hell naw
utah barely edged out against tcu.
lucked out against new mexico
their run game is average at best.

no one expected for bama to do what they did they overachieved

Yo Utah has been doing all that presnap movement on Defense to confuse Bama, and it finally worked against them on O

Back
Top Bottom