Summer 2012 Summer of the AJ XII (topics merged)

Really not feeling that Orange on the cool Grey's so those are an Easy pass for me. I'd rather buy at least 2 pairs of the playoffs & Obsidians instead

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by super23freak

Originally Posted by Prez T

... joke or serious ?
What do you mean joke or serious?
Look how the tab matches, I should say, doesn't match up with the midsole. Yikes!

I'm actually looking forward to seeing these in person:

AJ12-team-orange.jpg

laugh.gif
 Hes saying "joke or serious" because those Taxis pictured are OGs not retros. 
The Jumpman tab has always been slightly off, on every pair. Sometimes it's on point, sometimes it's not. I like it tho. Fakes are usually spot on

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by super23freak

Originally Posted by Prez T

... joke or serious ?
What do you mean joke or serious?
Look how the tab matches, I should say, doesn't match up with the midsole. Yikes!

I'm actually looking forward to seeing these in person:

AJ12-team-orange.jpg

laugh.gif
 Hes saying "joke or serious" because those Taxis pictured are OGs not retros. 
The Jumpman tab has always been slightly off, on every pair. Sometimes it's on point, sometimes it's not. I like it tho. Fakes are usually spot on

2x cool greys, 1 of others, hold the taxis. i hope these flood the market once they drop. 2012, its time to stock up!

2x cool greys, 1 of others, hold the taxis. i hope these flood the market once they drop. 2012, its time to stock up!

Just copped the Nubuck on ebay.  Now i gotta wait for the Playoff and the Obsidian.  Pass on Greys and not sure yet about the Taxis.  This year is gonna get expensive for me.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just copped the Nubuck on ebay.  Now i gotta wait for the Playoff and the Obsidian.  Pass on Greys and not sure yet about the Taxis.  This year is gonna get expensive for me.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by cguy610

The 04s seemed to be as good quality as the OG's.  This is coming from a person that had 2 pairs of OGs and currently has 2 pairs of 04s.

However, if you think anything put out by JB in 2012(cardboard leather, no ankle support,etc) might be better quality than 04, it might not be worth discussing with you.
laugh.gif
Ok you got me on that, I was OD for that 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But I had 3 pairs of OG 12s and bought the 2004 12s. The OGs are much better quality in my opinion. 

And I balled in 3 of my pairs (2 OGs pairs and the 2004s playoffs). My og taxis and og black/red took a beaten and held together. Where as my 2004s did even make it through one season of intramural ball, torn upper and sole detachment. 
I think you might be right about the OGs holding up better when hooping.  Still, the materials(leather, etc) on the 04s is on point.  I was wearing mine today and they are just so comfortable around the tongue and ankle area. 
pimp.gif
   I never hooped in any of my 04s though, so I can't say for sure. 

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by cguy610

The 04s seemed to be as good quality as the OG's.  This is coming from a person that had 2 pairs of OGs and currently has 2 pairs of 04s.

However, if you think anything put out by JB in 2012(cardboard leather, no ankle support,etc) might be better quality than 04, it might not be worth discussing with you.
laugh.gif
Ok you got me on that, I was OD for that 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But I had 3 pairs of OG 12s and bought the 2004 12s. The OGs are much better quality in my opinion. 

And I balled in 3 of my pairs (2 OGs pairs and the 2004s playoffs). My og taxis and og black/red took a beaten and held together. Where as my 2004s did even make it through one season of intramural ball, torn upper and sole detachment. 
I think you might be right about the OGs holding up better when hooping.  Still, the materials(leather, etc) on the 04s is on point.  I was wearing mine today and they are just so comfortable around the tongue and ankle area. 
pimp.gif
   I never hooped in any of my 04s though, so I can't say for sure. 

Can someone tell me why the Playoffs and Obsidians have chrome eyelits? They should not be chrome, but a more dull finish like the og's and first retros.

Can someone tell me why the Playoffs and Obsidians have chrome eyelits? They should not be chrome, but a more dull finish like the og's and first retros.

Originally Posted by blco02

I think someone mentioned before that they are plastic now. That might explain the difference in finish.

Originally Posted by blco02

I think someone mentioned before that they are plastic now. That might explain the difference in finish.

no taxi's for me, but i'll take everything else thank you. This is shaping up to be by far my most JB new release-heavy year of collecting

no taxi's for me, but i'll take everything else thank you. This is shaping up to be by far my most JB new release-heavy year of collecting

if the stocking of chicagos is any indication of things to come then this year is going to full of disappointed ppl that werent able to buy the shoes they wanted.

if the stocking of chicagos is any indication of things to come then this year is going to full of disappointed ppl that werent able to buy the shoes they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom