Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

00b35262e74c403aac9a080dc50933c6706de03.gif

Steve Smith

0ae358aceb1144d2a4da0f75ca8e984c121eb04.gif

Tyree

my voice is still shot the next morning

I put $100 on this one for the Giants and my homeboy gonna hit me back talkin about "You take credit?"
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I'm not sure how people are calling the win shocking. I'm not shocked. The Giants got hot at the right time (like the Steelers in 2005) and the Pats were stagnant at the end

Joka, outside of NY who exactly gave the Giants a LEGIT chance of winning the SB? What was the spread on the game? That alone should tell you the magnitude ofwhat the Giants accomplished. You are treating this like it's just any other Super Bowl win. This will go down as the 2nd biggest Super Bowl upset in NFLhistory. When you have a team that is 18-0 coming in, and their opponent is a WILD CARD team who had it's ups and downs, there is no way you can honestlysit there and tell me you were not shocked. That was the best Super Bowl since the Rams/Titans game from a few years back. I don't know how anyone saw thatas a boring game for 3 1/2 quarters. I dunno...maybe I'm a sucker for defense, but I clearly enjoyed watching the Pats get held in check, and Tom Brady getput on his back over and over. It was a humbling game for a team that eats "humble pie." Again, congrats to the G-Men....the ONE time I will actuallypull for a NFC East rival....I'm sure the other 31 teams in the NFL approved of what they pulled off last night due to the hatred towards the Pats andtheir "classy" organization.

*Keyshawn callin my dude Ellis Hobbs a "duck?"
laugh.gif
TRRRRRRRUTH!!! that's your boy!! quack quack quack

*Why wasn't Asante Samuel on Burress in the crunch?

*Why wasn't Asante Samuel on Burress in the crunch?

the patriots secondary doesnt play like that as in one guy assigned to one guy if that makes sense. they play sides. so samuel is always the "leftcorner" and hobbs is always the "right corner." so if burress was on the other side for that play it would've been samuel covering him.

that play was exactly like the giants in OT vs. Philly last year when burress burned Shelden Brown FTW.

One's sportsmanship needs to be questioned if you didn't think that game was classic last night or if you weren't at least moved one way or anotherby that win/loss. It was full of tension throughout the first three quarters with each of the defenses going at it and especially with the lead ultimatelychanging in the fourth quarter three times in like the last 5 minutes (the most in NFL history). Regardless of who won or lost, that game last night will berelegated as one of the most memorable Super Bowls in the history of the NFL.

2vchvmp.jpg

Joka, outside of NY who exactly gave the Giants a LEGIT chance of winning the SB? What was the spread on the game? That alone should tell you the magnitude of what the Giants accomplished.

i'm pretty sure there have been at least 4-5 SBs with a greater spread than this one where the underdog won. so it's not the greatest upset in terms ofthe spread at all.

but i will give them the second greatest upset of all time because the Pats were 18-0 and had been unstoppable all season. and they had gotten the best of theGiants once already.

that had to have been the least entertaining super bowl ever! even the commercials were a disappointment. anyways, Congrats to the Giants for their amazingwin.

Joka, outside of NY who exactly gave the Giants a LEGIT chance of winning the SB? What was the spread on the game? That alone should tell you the magnitude of what the Giants accomplished.

I thought a 12 point spread was way too much

8cebf59bf6f735a0ac4a5aebb773350a-getty-77331464mw120_super_bowl_xl.jpg

pimp.gif

congrats to you Giants fans, glad to see Strahan get his, always liked him.

Belichick's a prick. glad to see Seau and Moss lose.

unbelievable game. not the greatest ever and that play wasn't the greatest ever, but people will think that cuz it's "right now" and fresh. but the game/play will never ever be forgotten.

laugh.gif
at Truth's thread (jinx)

i took that .gif and sped it up a little:

30c28gl.jpg

who was it that said something about if Eli and Peyton had a sister, that Tom Brady would be bangin her?
laugh.gif

51PBEqYnFyL._AA240_.jpg

That 19-0 Patriots Book should be filed under fiction....LMAO

But anyone got a gif of Junior Seau and Bruschi hugging on the sideline after Moss' score as if they won the title???
roll.gif
roll.gif

one of the best games i have ever seen!!! GIANTS BABY been here since day one! im starting to see a lot of bandwaggoneers

Originally Posted by brunotattaglia

12barber2.600.jpg
^ The Biggest Clown in the History of Sports.........
laugh.gif

Congrats G-Men.... by far that was the most exciting last 2 minutes of any SuperBowl I have ever seen.....
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

I thought a 12 point spread was way too much

Yes. If I were a gambling man, I would have put a couple hundred on the Giants to cover. I did think the Pats would win, but I didn't think they wouldbeat them by more than a few points. Was the sentiment of the public and media really that the Pats would kill the Giants? Admittedly, I haven't payedattention to anything football related since the conference title games. No time to do much but work.

Back
Top Bottom