Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

Will we soon see Supermodel Gisele Bundchen naked, running down Broadway in New York? Well, after the New England Patriots, including Gisele's boyfriend, Quarterback Tom Brady, lost the Superbowl to the New York Giants, it might actually happen. Don't believe me? Gisele herself stated "If the Pats lose, I'll run naked though Mid-Town Manhattan." Naturally, Gisele tried to take back her promise, but it was more about logistics, than a fear of running naked through Times Square, reports CBS Sports.

Oh Really?
smile.gif

We can only hope the trend of the team that loses the super bowl doesnt make the playoffs the next year.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

smh.gif
<---- that best describes my feelings ever since last night....

both teams played horribly, it was a real sloppy and event less game leading up to that damn 4th quarter...i knew it was coming too
laugh.gif
I knew brady and co could make that drive happen and seal it off and would have bet 1million (that i don't have
laugh.gif
) that there was no way Eli could mount a scoring drive-

but he did....and now its in the history books

But hailing Eli as better than brady or even the MVP is questionable...i mean dude was razzled the whole game...Tyree won that for them...Eli felt that pressure got out of it then launched a prayer into the air with Tyree, Harrison and at least 2 other patriots in the area...Tyree and Harrison fought that one out and Tyree won it...it happens...call it luck, destiny whatever...its the same thing thats been on the patriots side for years so as a fan i cant even really be mad at it-

Players of the game were def:
the whole Giants front line - only way to beat the pats was to pressure/rush Brady...def the game breaker...Giants O wasnt producing and if Brady got his typical pocket time he woulda picked that secondary apart
Wes Welker - the new and improved Troy Brown of the pats
Harrison - left it all on the field...dude was in/around every play and i seriously don't know where that D would be without him
Kevin Faulk - clutch...dudes been a silent warrior here for years...hope he gets a nice check for 09

and thats my rant-
grin.gif
did we watch the same game?

Maybe you should upgrade your tv at home from this

oldtv.jpg
to

what I watched it on last night (generic pic)

That whole 85 drive was amazing.

Tyree catching it was incredible, but Manning not dropping?

Mid season he would have ran backwards and prob lost 20 yards but not this game. Manning did a great job and deserved MVP for sure.
He just helped beat the Cowboys, Packers, and now the DEFEATED patriots. Give the kid a break

And to the haters of the actual game, you just watched the PATRIOTS who I dont know if you remember were undefeated and hyped up to be the best franchise teamever in superbowl, LOSE to the Giants, who 70% of the Nation thought they would lose.

The Giants held their ground. It was a low scoring game because while Patriots defense is always good, Giants were just a little better.

And the suspense? All thoughtout the game

Dudes in here overreacting WAY too much about the predictions to this game to try to make the Giants' win even more special. Yes, the Patriots were thefavorites, but to say that NOBODY gave the Giants a chance is reeeeeaching. Especially after how close the regular season between the two teams was. I'veread many threads about predictions for the Super Bowl on all kinds of forums and I swear, most replies said the Giants would win.

Originally Posted by URBAN BALLERZ

laugh.gif
@the NY bandwagoners though

lol seriously. Now everyone in here has been a NY fan since week 1 all of a sudden
indifferent.gif

Posting "
pimp.gif
" as if opening kickoff they didn't agree with 95% of the US that saidPats were gunna win
laugh.gif

I'm a fan of neither team (salty Cowboys fan yes i know) But I was rooting for the Pats. I mean to see a team possibly go 19-0 is a HUGE accomplishment.And it would be dope to witness that in my lifetime. But going into the game I said all the pressure is on the Pats and the Giants had a legitimate chance ofwinning, using their defense. And they did, the Giants deserved that win they played their hearts out and it made for a GREAT game. Manning getting out of asac = no words to describe and then to throw it down field and to have Tyree catch it =.....wow just wow. Congrats to "G-Men". I wish i grew up in NYthat way I could still be partying
laugh.gif
Also for anyone who bet on theGiants ....how much loot did you pick up? Amazing game it would have been cool to see a team go 19-0 (just so i dont have to hear Mercury Morris talk anymore)but it was cool to see the Underdog fight hard for 60min.

...i wonder what the Pats locker room was like after the game. I know BB was near a heart attack. To go through a whole season without a loss and then losethe only game that matters...wow. I would have rather have had been on the Detroit Lions instead of being on the Pats, thats heart breaking. NEVER BRING YOURGF TO GAMES!

pimp.gif
@ Farve not being in the super bowl

Also, where's the kid at that think Moss is better than Rice
laugh.gif
. I doubt we will see him around these parts anytime soon.
why would i take a hiatus? i have nothing to be ashamed about. moss played a great game, took over in the fourth, and came through with the goahead touchdown. hell, moss even made an impact on defense on the hail mary attempt at the end of the first half. brady was the one that blew it.

moss > rice.

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Fresh iz back

Super bowl XLII

Giants 17

Pats 14

GIANTS superbowl CHAMPS

17 to 14????
laugh.gif
... you never know, though

I don't know if anyone caught this, but wow.
eek.gif

Props to you Fresh iz Back
i was actually thinking about this on the final drive...thinking, "that punk, nailed it..."

man this one is going to take a while to get over. props again to the gmen and their front 4

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

laugh.gif
why would i take a hiatus? i have nothing to be ashamed about. moss played a great game, took over in the fourth, and came through with the go ahead touchdown. hell, moss even made an impact on defense on the hail mary attempt. brady was the one that blew it.

moss > rice.
[h3]Super Bowl[/h3]
  • Receptions (39)
  • Yards receiving (589)
  • All-purpose yards (604)
  • Touchdown receptions (
    glasses.gif
  • Points scored (48)
  • Receptions in a single game (11)
  • Yards receiving in a single game (215)
  • Touchdown receptions in a single game (3, twice)
  • Points scored in a single game (18, twice)
But his performance in Super Bowl XXIII was even better. In what isregarded by many as his finest performance ever, Rice caught 11 passes for 215 yards and a touchdown, while also rushing for 5 yards, assisting the 49ers to anarrow 20-16 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.

He was once again a major factor in the 49ers championship win, finishing SuperBowl XXIV with 7 catches for 148 yards and a Super Bowl record 3 touchdown receptions.

He proved to be a vital component in their 49-26 victory over the SanDiego Chargers in Super Bowl XXIX, recording 10 receptions for 149 yardsand 3 touchdowns - despite playing with a separated shoulder for much of the game.

/argument
6h6eph0.jpg

so this is how it was supposed to feel like after those close ones with the Ravens, Eagles, and Giants....

but the way they did it in the last chance was just spectacular....

I would like to thank god, for this and eli you are the best EVER. thank you for not letting the pats win. now this whole season means nothing for pats. andhopefully if the pats go down for allegedly cheating again then maybe they will have to forfeit that win in super bowl 38.o

Once again thank you all.

and peronsally, i don't think you can even judge a wr by superbowl stats or how many superbowls they have won. those talks should be reserved for thequarterbacks/running backs.

6 catches 62 yards and a touchdown. i'm beyond pleased with moss' performance.

and as far as moss' season goes...greatest season ever by a wr.

laugh.gif
why would i take a hiatus? i have nothing to be ashamed about. moss played a great game, took over in the fourth, and came through with the go ahead touchdown. hell, moss even made an impact on defense on the hail mary attempt at the end of the first half. brady was the one that blew it.

moss > rice.

LOL. It must be a tough morning for you champ, you have alot to be ashamed about. Just to reiterate in case you thought last night was a bad dream ornightmare, Yes the *Patriots lost the Super Bowl and Yes ya boy Moss still doesn't have a championship ring
laugh.gif
. Truth be told, I'm actually surprised you even showed your face today, Ifigured you might confine yourself to your room for the next week, not taking any phone calls. If Moss played such a great game as you insist, then he and histeam would have won. "Big time players step up in big time game" I guess its safe to say that Moss is not a big time player. Rice has hischampionships, and a MVP, can Moss say the same??
laugh.gif
. As I saidearlier, Moss is just a pretender to the throne, nothing more than a FRAUD in sheep's clothing.

Rice>Moss.

and peronsally, i don't think you can even judge a wr by superbowl stats or how many superbowls they have won. those talks should be reserved for the quarterbacks/running backs.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

if the pats defense manned up and stopped eli, moss would've won mvp. that's all i gotta say.

brady was the one that blew it, not moss.

i am actually recovering quite well from last night. i am now looking forward to the start of baseball season.
pimp.gif

6 catches 62 yards and a touchdown. i'm beyond pleased with moss' performance.
laugh.gif
Beyond pleased?....How long did it take for Moss to get acatch?

Beyond pleased??? Are you serious? Moss played a below average game in the biggest game of his life.

62 yards?...and a TD....

JERRY RICE HAD 5 CATCHES 77 YARDS AND A 48 YARD TD AT AGE 40 with the Raiders in the Superbowl.

and as far as moss' season goes...greatest season ever by a wr.

1987 - 12 games - 22 TD's. (IT TOOK MOSS 16 GAMES TO GET 23 BTW.)

Almost 10 years later in 1995 Rice has 1800+ yards and 15 TD's. Along with 3 TD's in the Superbowl.

YOU'RE A FOOL HOMIE.

Stop riding Moss so much. I feel sorry for the crap you're going to tell your future children.

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

laugh.gif

lol seriously. Now everyone in here has been a NY fan since week 1 all of a sudden
indifferent.gif

Posting "
pimp.gif
" as if opening kickoff they didn't agree with 95% of the US that said Pats were gunna win
laugh.gif

I'm a fan of neither team (salty Cowboys fan yes i know) But I was rooting for the Pats. I mean to see a team possibly go 19-0 is a HUGE accomplishment. And it would be dope to witness that in my lifetime. But going into the game I said all the pressure is on the Pats and the Giants had a legitimate chance of winning, using their defense. And they did, the Giants deserved that win they played their hearts out and it made for a GREAT game. Manning getting out of a sac = no words to describe and then to throw it down field and to have Tyree catch it =.....wow just wow. Congrats to "G-Men". I wish i grew up in NY that way I could still be partying
laugh.gif
Also for anyone who bet on the Giants ....how much loot did you pick up? Amazing game it would have been cool to see a team go 19-0 (just so i dont have to hear Mercury Morris talk anymore) but it was cool to see the Underdog fight hard for 60min.

...i wonder what the Pats locker room was like after the game. I know BB was near a heart attack. To go through a whole season without a loss and then lose the only game that matters...wow. I would have rather have had been on the Detroit Lions instead of being on the Pats, thats heart breaking. NEVER BRING YOUR GF TO GAMES!

pimp.gif

F outta here with that BS. I'm a New Yorker and I hate the Giants. I wanted to see the Patriots lose which they did. In addition to that there's arivalry with Boston that you might have heard of. So chalk up another W for NY. Another reason why this game was huge for me was that NY sports are pitifulright now. The Mets choked, the Yankees bombed, the Knicks are the Knicks so this win was a huge confidence booster for everyone in the city.

Get out of here with that bandwagon garbage. Come next season my hate for the Giants will be fueled once again but for the moment I have to like them.

laugh.gif
go head' plexiglass, with the guarantee and the game winning td
glasses.gif

Antonio Pierce needs to lose some weight
tired.gif
he was getting worked by thelineman and tom brady was picking on him down the middle
indifferent.gif

that was a great game though. David Tyree's 4th quarter catch?!
eek.gif
nothing short of miraculous.

and peronsally, i don't think you can even judge a wr by superbowl stats or how many superbowls they have won. those talks should be reserved for the quarterbacks/running backs.

laugh.gif
No doubt, now that Moss is not apart of that equation I guess thatargument works in your favor right champ?? LOL.

if the pats defense manned up and stopped eli, moss would've won mvp. that's all i gotta say.

You know what's worse then being wrong..........being loud and wrong, and right now you are both.

i am actually recovering quite well from last night. i am now looking forward to the start of baseball season.

Lies!! You know you are heart-broken and way past the point of suicide watch. All the Moss slurping you did this year and all the hype you gave this bum wasfor nothing. You failed this year and so did ya boy, two FRAUDS backing up one another, just sad. You might as well start looking towards baseball season, weall know this football season didn't turn out the way you wanted it to end..........but it did for me
happy.gif
. Cheaters never win.

Rice>Moss.

i never understood the whole rooting for your same city rival teams....but i mean we dont have two teams in boston/NE in the same sport so i guess i wont knowwhat its like. but i feel like if you like the jets, how can you root for the giants too? maybe cause jets hate the pats, so i guess i can see it. or is itjust cause both teams are from the same city? maybe its just different than in college. like mich st fans would never root for mich, or florida and florida st.

Does anybody know why the Pats didnt kick the FG in the 3rd qtr? That came back to bite them in the $%%. And J Rain saying Moss played a great game? 5 catchesfor 62 yards and a TD is a great game? Maybe for a TE, but for somebody that you're claiming to be the GOAT he needs to be better than that, Wes Welkeroutshined him. Welker goes over the middle, Moss doesn't. His unwillingness to do so was a HUGE factor. With the Giants knowing that he doesn't do thatmade their jobs easier because it doesn't spread them out as much. Basically it was keep one eye on Welker and one on Faulk because those are the only guyswho run the crossing routes. If Moss ran through the middle even a few times maybe the Giants doesn't blitz as many times as they did. But he didn't,and to say he "took over" in the 4th quarter is a joke! He had three catches, THREE! One for the TD where Webster fell.

Kind of sad to be a Patriots fan, this win would've put them at the top as the best ever. Now, well, now they're not evening in the running as ONE OFthe best ever.

Congrats to the Giants for making history and winning a well deserved Super Bowl Title!

Damn that's hard to say as a 49ers fan!

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Posting "
pimp.gif
" as if opening kickoff they didn't agree with 95% of the US that said Pats were gunna win
laugh.gif

I'm a fan of neither team (salty Cowboys fan yes i know) But I was rooting for the Pats. I mean to see a team possibly go 19-0 is a HUGE accomplishment. And it would be dope to witness that in my lifetime. But going into the game I said all the pressure is on the Pats and the Giants had a legitimate chance of winning, using their defense. And they did, the Giants deserved that win they played their hearts out and it made for a GREAT game. Manning getting out of a sac = no words to describe and then to throw it down field and to have Tyree catch it =.....wow just wow. Congrats to "G-Men". I wish i grew up in NY that way I could still be partying
laugh.gif
Also for anyone who bet on the Giants ....how much loot did you pick up? Amazing game it would have been cool to see a team go 19-0 (just so i dont have to hear Mercury Morris talk anymore) but it was cool to see the Underdog fight hard for 60min.

...i wonder what the Pats locker room was like after the game. I know BB was near a heart attack. To go through a whole season without a loss and then lose the only game that matters...wow. I would have rather have had been on the Detroit Lions instead of being on the Pats, thats heart breaking. NEVER BRING YOUR GF TO GAMES!

pimp.gif

F outta here with that BS. I'm a New Yorker and I hate the Giants. I wanted to see the Patriots lose which they did. In addition to that there's a rivalry with Boston that you might have heard of. So chalk up another W for NY. Another reason why this game was huge for me was that NY sports are pitiful right now. The Mets choked, the Yankees bombed, the Knicks are the Knicks so this win was a huge confidence booster for everyone in the city.

Get out of here with that bandwagon garbage. Come next season my hate for the Giants will be fueled once again but for the moment I have to like them.

Co-Sign. And to answer DeadSetAce's Question ican't stand the Giants but i thought it would be the funniest thing in the world for the Patriots to go undefeated throughout the season and playoffs JUSTto lose in the Super Bowl
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Therefore i was rooting for the Giants to win the game because im a haterlike that
laugh.gif
. Also like you said any win for NY is a good win, Boston be feelingthemselves a little too much
smh.gif

With that said Congrats to the NY Giants and all their REAL fans that supported them from day1.

Next season ya'll better believe its J-E-T-S,JETS JETS JETS Tho
laugh.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom