Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

670b67dbe4c575a4e2289dbfd4c4679e-getty-fbn-super_bowl-giants-patriots.jpg

Vick V's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jacobs with some "choice" words for Mr. Seymour
laugh.gif

The Giants didn't have anything positive to say about Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour after their Super Bowl win. Apparently, Seymour told some New York offensive players that they "should be ready to go home" before their last drive. That comment irritated Toomer, and it still bothered Giants running back Brandon Jacobs in the locker room.

"I'll give you a quote on Seymour," Jacobs said. "You can write that he's a soft [expletive]. He said we should get ready to go home. Well, now he's on the team that went 18-1."

but i feel like if you like the jets, how can you root for the giants too?

Considering the fact that they are each in different conferences, and share a stadium, there is nothing wrong with Jets fans supporting the Giants at times,and vice versa.

Its not like its the Mets/Yankees, its IMPOSSIBLE to root for both as a die hard fan. There are SOME that would support the other team though if they do well.

When its all said and done, its NYC.

PS: I find it funny that a Cowboys fan is complaining about band wagoners.
laugh.gif

Everyone on NT know who the die hard Giants fans are, and just b/c a few others are on here that never posted before doesn't mean they are a band wagoner(you don't have to post ALL THE TIME)...plus everybody naturally roots for the underdog.

I see a lot of NYC dudes who post regularly in the other sections of NT just posting their support for their NY squad.

giants won the game. hands down beat BRADY up in the pocket , Eli held it down when it mattered most.... If the offense played a lil tighter the Giantswould've blown this game open....

I will be at the parade tommorow before I go to work .... LETS GO NY!!!!

Originally Posted by URBAN BALLERZ

laugh.gif
@the NY bandwagoners though

lol seriously. Now everyone in here has been a NY fan since week 1 all of a sudden
indifferent.gif

relax...more like anti-Patriots/anti-undefeated/underdog supporters...there is a difference.

like I said -
this is how it was supposed to feel like after those close ones with the Ravens, Eagles, and Giants...

hell it could have been the 1985 patriots and i would have been rooting against the 2007 Pats.

I'm actually surprised you even showed your face today, I figured you might confine yourself to your room for the next week, not taking any phone calls.
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ The Biggest Clown in the History of Sports.........
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ Tiki ...the jokes in this thread are ridiculous
pimp.gif

IT JUST FEELS SOOOOOOO GOOD TO SEE THAT ({}) TOM BRADY LOSE ON THEE GRANDEST OF STAGES.

It feels like when Mike hit that shot, I feel so good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Considering the fact that they are each in different conferences, and share a stadium, there is nothing wrong with Jets fans supporting the Giants at times, and vice versa.

Its not like its the Mets/Yankees, its IMPOSSIBLE to root for both as a die hard fan. There are SOME that would support the other team though if they do well.

laugh.gif

Everyone on NT know who the die hard Giants fans are, and just b/c a few others are on here that never posted before doesn't mean they are a band wagoner (you don't have to post ALL THE TIME)...plus everybody naturally roots for the underdog.

I see a lot of NYC dudes who post regularly in the other sections of NT just posting their support for their NY squad.

Exactly.

Come first game of the 08-09 season....Eli still has down syndrome, Strahan still craves sacks off of the field amd Couglin is still a former Klan member.

I will always bleed Green and White, Blue and Orange and that mystical combo of Navy blue and Cocaine White
pimp.gif
...but if you're a NY'er rooting against your hometown team in the SB(against a NE team) ....you're lame in my eyes.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Considering the fact that they are each in different conferences, and share a stadium, there is nothing wrong with Jets fans supporting the Giants at times, and vice versa.

laugh.gif

Everyone on NT know who the die hard Giants fans are, and just b/c a few others are on here that never posted before doesn't mean they are a band wagoner (you don't have to post ALL THE TIME)...plus everybody naturally roots for the underdog.

Exactly.

Come first game of the 08-09 season....Eli still has down syndrome, Strahan still craves sacks off of the field amd Couglin is still a former Klan member.

I will always bleed Green and White, Blue and Orange and that mystical combo of Navy blue and Cocaine White
pimp.gif
...but if you're a NY'er rooting against your hometown team in the SB (against a NE team) ....you're lame in my eyes.

Word, I agree. I don't care the sport and your ties to the team. You ALWAYS root for NY versus Boston. They can eat some baked beans now for all Icare.

Eli still has down syndrome, Strahan still craves sacks off of the field amd Couglin is still a former Klan member.
lol. you're a hater. the strahan line had me chuckling though.

there really is no rivalry in ny when it comes to jets and giants fans unless their teams are actually playing against one another. even then it's nowherenear the same displeasure mets fans have towards yankees fans and vice versa. it's just different.

but yeah, in the end, we support each other if the other team gets somewhere. i'd definitely be rooting for the jets if they were any good.
wink.gif

still can't believe all this happened last night. i really did wake up this morning like "what the hell happened?" thought the sandman wasmessing with my head

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Giants because I'm from nyc. $$$% brady stupid snob.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Wes Welker outshined him. Welker goes over the middle, Moss doesn't. His unwillingness to do so was a HUGE factor.

moss actually had 3 catches over the middle, one of which was crucial in the clutch.

welker didn't outshine moss, moss' go ahead touchdown > all of welkers catches. welker would be worthless like he was in miami if it wasn't formoss presence on the field.

i love how all of you instantly jock me after everything moss does, it's really flattering.

i don't have enough e-energy anymore to keep this debate going, so i'll leave you all with these parting words:

moss is the greatest, most dominating, and most talented wide receiver to ever grace the gridiron.

end of story.

Moss did fine when called upon last night, as did Welker. They both played well. The issue was our o-line and Brady. Both of them didn't perform. Even inthe few instances Brady had time, he wasnt sharp. Also, we were straight up out-coached. From the 4th and 13 call to the lack of adjustments to the playcalling, our coaching staff just made some questionable decisions.

Eli still has down syndrome, Strahan still craves sacks off of the field amd Couglin is still a former Klan member.
HAHAHAHA
roll.gif

I just got into football during the past 2 years and I have always said that to my friends.

I call him Rainmanning.

That helmet he wears, he actually wears off the field also so he can not hit himself in the head.

He talks like a total douche

But dude just won a superbowl. He got special powers

Ya'll can hate on Eli all you want, at the end of the day he's SB 42 MVP and got more coochie in one night than most of y'all put together.

Originally Posted by heatitup0000

worst superbowl
it was so boring

No the worst Superbowl would be when your sorry @ss Raiders gave up 48 points to a defensive minded Bucs team. Good Superbowls dont have to have a lot ofscoring, they have to be close games.
laugh.gif
at you thinking this was the worst Superbowl ever. What are you 12?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Jacobs with some "choice" words for Mr. Seymour
laugh.gif

The Giants didn't have anything positive to say about Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour after their Super Bowl win. Apparently, Seymour told some New York offensive players that they "should be ready to go home" before their last drive. That comment irritated Toomer, and it still bothered Giants running back Brandon Jacobs in the locker room.

"I'll give you a quote on Seymour," Jacobs said. "You can write that he's a soft [expletive]. He said we should get ready to go home. Well, now he's on the team that went 18-1."

roll.gif

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Originally Posted by Kingtre

smh.gif
<---- that best describes my feelings ever since last night....

both teams played horribly, it was a real sloppy and event less game leading up to that damn 4th quarter...i knew it was coming too
laugh.gif
I knew brady and co could make that drive happen and seal it off and would have bet 1million (that i don't have
laugh.gif
) that there was no way Eli could mount a scoring drive-

but he did....and now its in the history books

But hailing Eli as better than brady or even the MVP is questionable...i mean dude was razzled the whole game...Tyree won that for them...Eli felt that pressure got out of it then launched a prayer into the air with Tyree, Harrison and at least 2 other patriots in the area...Tyree and Harrison fought that one out and Tyree won it...it happens...call it luck, destiny whatever...its the same thing thats been on the patriots side for years so as a fan i cant even really be mad at it-

Players of the game were def:
the whole Giants front line - only way to beat the pats was to pressure/rush Brady...def the game breaker...Giants O wasnt producing and if Brady got his typical pocket time he woulda picked that secondary apart
Wes Welker - the new and improved Troy Brown of the pats
Harrison - left it all on the field...dude was in/around every play and i seriously don't know where that D would be without him
Kevin Faulk - clutch...dudes been a silent warrior here for years...hope he gets a nice check for 09

and thats my rant-
grin.gif
did we watch the same game?

Maybe you should upgrade your tv at home from this

oldtv.jpg
to

what I watched it on last night (generic pic)

That whole 85 drive was amazing.

Tyree catching it was incredible, but Manning not dropping?

Mid season he would have ran backwards and prob lost 20 yards but not this game. Manning did a great job and deserved MVP for sure.
He just helped beat the Cowboys, Packers, and now the DEFEATED patriots. Give the kid a break

And to the haters of the actual game, you just watched the PATRIOTS who I dont know if you remember were undefeated and hyped up to be the best franchise team ever in superbowl, LOSE to the Giants, who 70% of the Nation thought they would lose.

The Giants held their ground. It was a low scoring game because while Patriots defense is always good, Giants were just a little better.

And the suspense? All thoughtout the game

so because im not "giving the kid a break" we watched different games? Manning is trash to me...i gave props where i felt props were due on thegiants team...you see all the "i" and "me" words in my posts...that means it's what i think...your allowed to think somethingdifferent...
and onto your corny joke - u must have me mistaken...i watched the game on 100+ inches of 1080 excellence
laugh.gif

14b355d2e4ee320b477b05a11a612fa97e1f966.jpg

(blackberry pic)

indifferent.gif

Also, we were straight up out-coached. From the 4th and 13 call to the lack of adjustments to the play calling, our coaching staff just made some questionable decisions.
No Cameras=No Superbowl

Back
Top Bottom