Super Bowl XLII: YOU GOTTA bELIeve!!!!!!!! Greatest Super Bowl in History?!?!?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
get 'em Tre

Is this thread the main reason NT was "shut down" for a brief period of time? I mean, 97 pages and counting?! Great game, the build up to the finalminutes of the 4th were nuts. What a finish, what a finish.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Also, we were straight up out-coached. From the 4th and 13 call to the lack of adjustments to the play calling, our coaching staff just made some questionable decisions.
No Cameras=No Superbowl

Yeah we get it...everyone thinks we're cheaters. No cameras = 18-1 as well.

i don't have enough e-energy anymore to keep this debate going, so i'll leave you all with these parting words:

moss is the greatest, most dominating, and most talented wide receiver to ever grace the gridiron.

end of story.

Still emotionally drained from that loss last night huh, LOL. If Moss is so great and so dominating as you say, he would have single-handedly won the biggestgame of his life yesterday. Instead, being the FRAUD that he is, he let himself and his team down, and by the looks of your responses you as well
laugh.gif

Rice>Moss remember that champ.

eek.gif
what a game... the whole 4th quarter was amazing... i didn't thinkeli had it in him to lead his team to a game winning drive in the last 3 minutes but that boy proved all the haters wrong
pimp.gif

congrats to the NYG and their fans...

im on the same boat with some of these raider fans in here, its was nice to see the patriots lose
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Ya'll can hate on Eli all you want, at the end of the day he's SB 42 MVP and got more coochie in one night than most of y'all put together.

roll.gif
you shoulda stopped your post after the word MVP...now you want toargue my QB gets more ({}) than your QB ??
roll.gif
this sports forum is reallylike a whole other world
smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
get 'em Tre
laugh.gif
i swear dudes go off on the worst tangents here...i meani know i def aint coming off as a disgruntled fan...im giving my take on the game...my team F'D up major...Giants played better...they won...does that meani gotta hail Eli?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

Originally Posted by Kingtre

smh.gif
<---- that best describes my feelings ever since last night....

both teams played horribly, it was a real sloppy and event less game leading up to that damn 4th quarter...i knew it was coming too
laugh.gif
I knew brady and co could make that drive happen and seal it off and would have bet 1million (that i don't have
laugh.gif
) that there was no way Eli could mount a scoring drive-

but he did....and now its in the history books

But hailing Eli as better than brady or even the MVP is questionable...i mean dude was razzled the whole game...Tyree won that for them...Eli felt that pressure got out of it then launched a prayer into the air with Tyree, Harrison and at least 2 other patriots in the area...Tyree and Harrison fought that one out and Tyree won it...it happens...call it luck, destiny whatever...its the same thing thats been on the patriots side for years so as a fan i cant even really be mad at it-

Players of the game were def:
the whole Giants front line - only way to beat the pats was to pressure/rush Brady...def the game breaker...Giants O wasnt producing and if Brady got his typical pocket time he woulda picked that secondary apart
Wes Welker - the new and improved Troy Brown of the pats
Harrison - left it all on the field...dude was in/around every play and i seriously don't know where that D would be without him
Kevin Faulk - clutch...dudes been a silent warrior here for years...hope he gets a nice check for 09

and thats my rant-
grin.gif
did we watch the same game?

Maybe you should upgrade your tv at home from this

oldtv.jpg
to

what I watched it on last night (generic pic)

That whole 85 drive was amazing.

Tyree catching it was incredible, but Manning not dropping?

Mid season he would have ran backwards and prob lost 20 yards but not this game. Manning did a great job and deserved MVP for sure.
He just helped beat the Cowboys, Packers, and now the DEFEATED patriots. Give the kid a break

And to the haters of the actual game, you just watched the PATRIOTS who I dont know if you remember were undefeated and hyped up to be the best franchise team ever in superbowl, LOSE to the Giants, who 70% of the Nation thought they would lose.

The Giants held their ground. It was a low scoring game because while Patriots defense is always good, Giants were just a little better.

And the suspense? All thoughtout the game

so because im not "giving the kid a break" we watched different games? Manning is trash to me...i gave props where i felt props were due on the giants team...you see all the "i" and "me" words in my posts...that means it's what i think...your allowed to think something different...
and onto your corny joke - u must have me mistaken...i watched the game on 100+ inches of 1080 excellence
laugh.gif

14b355d2e4ee320b477b05a11a612fa97e1f966.jpg

(blackberry pic)

indifferent.gif
you got me

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

if the pats defense manned up and stopped eli, moss would've won mvp. that's all i gotta say.

brady was the one that blew it, not moss.

i am actually recovering quite well from last night. i am now looking forward to the start of baseball season.
pimp.gif

quit lying to yourself DF

and take moss's D out your mouth

Originally Posted by baik

^17-1 really...cause yall got caught that first game
tongue.gif

18-1 cause we didnt get to use the tape...but thats debateable i guess. if you get caught walking into an exam with a cheat sheet, is it cheating if youdont use it? maybe.

I'm a fan of neither team, but the Giants Playoff run and the key plays that lead up to the Champion NY Giants crowning was nothing short of miraculous. I've never seen a QB in so many games on the road put the ball were it needed to be like young Manning...and what more can I say about the receivers Tyreeand Toomer. This kind of effort is why they get paid.
This was the best playoff run that I've ever seen.

I hope that it's this good next season whichever team makes it.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by heatitup0000

worst superbowl
it was so boring

No the worst Superbowl would be when your sorry @ss Raiders gave up 48 points to a defensive minded Bucs team. Good Superbowls dont have to have a lot of scoring, they have to be close games.
laugh.gif
at you thinking this was the worst Superbowl ever. What are you 12?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Also, we were straight up out-coached. From the 4th and 13 call to the lack of adjustments to the play calling, our coaching staff just made some questionable decisions.
No Cameras=No Superbowl

Yeah we get it...everyone thinks we're cheaters. No cameras = 18-1 as well.

No Cameras = 18-1 with a Giants Superbowl Ring! Not the Patriots. The Patriots deal with the Devil Expired the night before the Superbowl!

if the pats defense manned up and stopped eli, moss would've won mvp. that's all i gotta say.

i am actually recovering quite well from last night. i am now looking forward to the start of baseball season.
pimp.gif
No no no. Its not if they stopped Eli. You have to allow some leeway for the defense. They are not going to stop every team every time. Giving up 17points is very respectable. HOWEVER, If your boy Moss ran with some damn conviction, New England would have the parade tomorrow. Only time he ran hard was onthe long ball. Short routes? No such thing. If you don't score more than 17 points in a game, you don't deserve to win. Hence, last night. 14 points by the best offense in NFL history, was a disappointment. Nothing wrong with how the defense played. Not one bit.

And please explain how Brady blew it when the Giants got pressure up the middle all freakin game. How is that Brady's fault? He fed the OLine too much allyear for such great protection? I see that as the only argument. But seriously, how in the world would it be Brady's fault. When you see four guys in yourface all game, nobody should expect the quarterback to even get up from a hit, let alone stay in the game and play well. Under the circumstances, Tom Bradyplayed very well. If you noticed, the reason why New York won all the games that they did is because of the pressure they got up the middle on everyquarterback. Tony Romo? pressure all game; tough time throwing a ball. Brett Favre, pressure all game; tough time throwing a ball. Tom Brady? You guessed it,pressure all game, and a tough time getting the ball out. The New York Giants played to their strength, and won the overall battle in that category.

In fact, dont try and explain. Save us the time.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Wes Welker outshined him. Welker goes over the middle, Moss doesn't. His unwillingness to do so was a HUGE factor.

moss actually had 3 catches over the middle, one of which was crucial in the clutch.

welker didn't outshine moss, moss' go ahead touchdown > all of welkers catches. welker would be worthless like he was in miami if it wasn't for moss presence on the field.

i love how all of you instantly jock me after everything moss does, it's really flattering.

i don't have enough e-energy anymore to keep this debate going, so i'll leave you all with these parting words:

moss is the greatest, most dominating, and most talented wide receiver to ever grace the gridiron.

end of story.

Welkers catches set up Moss' touchdown. Moss never bothers to run across the middle. Do your damn math yourself. Welker caught EVERYTHING over themiddle, gaining yards after the catch every time he touched the ball. He had 11 receptions over the middle, and all 11 helped him move the Pats offense to theother end of the field. Welkers contribution > Moss' contribution. Moss wouldnt have scored without the setup all the way down the field.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

pimp.gif
No no no. Its not if they stopped Eli. You have to allow some leeway for the defense. They are not going to stop every team every time. Giving up 17 points is very respectable. HOWEVER, If your boy Moss ran with some damn conviction, New England would have the parade tomorrow. Only time he ran hard was on the long ball. Short routes? No such thing. If you don't score more than 17 points in a game, you don't deserve to win. Hence, last night. 14 points by the best offense in NFL history, was a disappointment. Nothing wrong with how the defense played. Not one bit.

And please explain how Brady blew it when the Giants got pressure up the middle all freakin game. How is that Brady's fault? He fed the OLine too much all year for such great protection? I see that as the only argument. But seriously, how in the world would it be Brady's fault. When you see four guys in your face all game, nobody should expect the quarterback to even get up from a hit, let alone stay in the game and play well. Under the circumstances, Tom Brady played very well. If you noticed, the reason why New York won all the games that they did is because of the pressure they got up the middle on every quarterback. Tony Romo? pressure all game; tough time throwing a ball. Brett Favre, pressure all game; tough time throwing a ball. Tom Brady? You guessed it, pressure all game, and a tough time getting the ball out. The New York Giants played to their strength, and won the overall battle in that category.

In fact, dont try and explain. Save us the time.

laugh.gif
i aint even gonna go back and forth with anyone anymore BUT usingyour same argument how can the blame be on Moss if Brady had no time to get it to him...the blame should be on the line according to your post...how is moss"running with some damn conviction" gonna stop 3-4 Giants in Bradys face all game?

the line played horribly, the protection was bad and some of them penalties cost us...this is after playing GREAT all season and giving Brady and Moss timeto do there things...

xxxoverridexxx:
you got me

roll.gif

HOWEVER, If your boy Moss ran with some damn conviction,

eek.gif
, da heck you talkin bout?

Moss busted his %%% down the field for three 80 yard sprints in a row. U'r kidding yourself if you think any human is going to be abe to run 4.2s onevery one of those plays.
Moss did not loaf at all in that game. Dont be puttin that BS on him like that.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif

Moss busted his %%% down the field for three 80 yard sprints in a row. U'r kidding yourself if you think any human is going to be abe to run 4.2s on every one of those plays.
smh.gif

Oh no, I see what you mean. Moss ran damn well down the field. But any other route over the middle, underneath, etc, just didnt seem like... Moss.Maybe I am wrong. I mean, props to Moss because you know he was busting his behind on streaks down the field. That I will give him credit for. But it justseemed like any other route he didnt run as hard. Maybe I am wrong on that.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif

Moss busted his %%% down the field for three 80 yard sprints in a row. U'r kidding yourself if you think any human is going to be abe to run 4.2s on every one of those plays.
smh.gif

thank you. the dude did have a couple nice catches between on the hashes, and he took the hits that the gmen nailed him with. he didnt go over themiddle as much as wes does, but moss did fine. he did all he could.

the o-line and brady were both off their game. o-line gets the most blame, then coaching, then brady. im the biggest brady fan in the world, and even i willsay that at times, he had plenty of time and he just was off on his throws. he wasnt sharp.

J Rain is damn fool if he thinks Brady blew it.

It's been said in this thread already. The O-Line blew it. Brady was looking for Moss deep multiple times but they couldnt handle the pressure.

From SI (Don Banks)

• Unless he's a complete stiff in the interview process -- and I don't think he will be -- we might want to go ahead and give Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo the ********' head-coaching job. That's how hot Spagnuolo will be, now that his Giants defenders shut down the most prolific offense in NFL history.

Oh, the delicious irony! Jim Fassel, the former Giants head coach had to be sick watching this game. I believe he was the leader in the clubhouse for the ******** job, unless Spagnuolo made up some ground with a stellar outing by his unit in the Super Bowl.

Spagnuolo's unit got after Tom Brady all night long and played with a passion and intensity that will speak volumes on behalf of his candidacy in Washington. It's hard to imagine a scenario where you could be deemed a hotter assistant, or a more sought-after head-coaching candidate than Spagnuolo is, thanks to tonight's prime-time audition.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/02/03/superbowl.snaps/index.html?eref=T1

laugh.gif
Yup, I knew you would come back and say that.

I guess its just me, but I thought that Moss didnt seem to run as hard in the middle and things like that. Like I said thought, I could be wrong on that.

Back
Top Bottom