Super Bowl XLIV Thread: Saints vs. Colts 2/7/09 6pm CBS vol: Peyton vs. Drew

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by safcolts

all the talk about manning but no matter what those espn/nfl network !#% clown commintators say the colts defense will be the difference in this one they are way better then anyone gives them credit for. ive been a colts season ticket holder since 1999 belive it or not ive been thru lots of heartbreak in the manning era alone not to mention before that im so proud that this is my home team and this is there second superbowl in 4 years who would have thought and now that there back there will be no stopping them GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A LOT of heartbreak...from getting killed by Ty Law and the Patriots to Nick Harper getting tackled by Big Ben (Since Nick's wife stabbed him in the leg) to winning all these regular season games and getting bounced by San Diego...or way back during the Jim Harbaugh (Comeback Kid) days and never EVER beating the Steelers...
And don't get me started on Jeff George. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We need this one. Manning is too good to have 1 ring.

CHARGERS WITH BILLY VOLOK FOR QB
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

This is the Super Bowl where Peyton becomes the greatest QB ever.
Quote me
http://blog.oregonlive.co...2007/07/WalshMontana.JPG src="http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupdates/2007/07/WalshMontana.JPG">
laugh.gif

539w.jpg

GOAT 
pimp.gif

roll.gif
Tom Brady isn't the best QB playing in the league currently, let alone of all time.
Peyton Manning is the best QB of all time.
Yeah I said it.

the Colts got this.. Manning again, will pick the Saints secondary apart. the Saints recievers do seem to have the upper hand against our CBs but im sure Coach Caldwell will be playing alot of cover 2 to prevent the big plays. Bathea and Bullitt
pimp.gif
.. boy they have really stepped up their game..!! hopefully well have J.Powers back as well.. Saints dont have Jason David for Wayne to school anymore, so Greere will have to do.. Wayne, Clark, Collie, Garcon = 350+yds for Manning.. Sean Paytons trickery plays wont work against our D, theyre TOO FAST.. if Freeny and Mathis can get to Brees and rush his throws and get him outta the pocket.. we should be just fine. as i stated before, the Saints dont worry me at all. nothing against them, they are indeed a very good team, im just that confident in my team. Were already SB XLIV Champions as far as im concerned..

Prediction.
Colts - 33
Saints - 24

GO GET EM COLTS!!!
brees-manningjpg-b497298c739d792e_large.jpg

colts600.jpg

Marvin_Harrison_Colts_v_Saints_566831.jpg

capt.d9724ef4b15d4a3796189948fca33550.saints_colts_football_nad111.jpg

nfl_u_david_600.jpg

3>1.
Bradshaw > all and = to Montana
smokin.gif

Matt Light was just on ESPN radio saying how the rings mean very little and it was team win.  He is a Patriot, right?

But enough of this argument, let's take that to a different thread, this is about Brees vs. Manning, Colts vs. Saints, the championship on the line

Obviously, but since Rings are the ONLY things that matter apparently, he is. Oh, and right now Ben > Peyton as well.

Wait a minute, that isn't the only way to judge QBs....

I hope you don't think this is gonna be a repeat of that 2007 game.

1. We don't have the black hole known as Jason David anymore at corner.
2. You don't have Marvin Harrison
3. We have two good receiving TE's in Shockey and Thomas, both Bush and Thomas are running the ball well, Colston, Henderson, Meachem, and Bush are catching the ball well.
4. No Bob Sanders.
5. Darren Sharper
6. Gregg Williams

I know, I know, I know, before the endless pictures of Peyton Manning get posted, I know. He's GREAT. EASILY, one of the absolute GREATEST. But as MEDIOCRE as our pass defense is, I'll take them against the Colts receivers right now. Collie and Garcon played two great games (I predicted they'd play well and won some nice wagers in the process
laugh.gif
) but I still like Porter, Greer, and Sharper against them.

Like I said, you'd swear the Colts were playing the Browns.

Originally Posted by doyung9

I hope you don't think this is gonna be a repeat of that 2007 game.

1. We don't have the black hole known as Jason David anymore at corner.
2. You don't have Marvin Harrison
3. We have two good receiving TE's in Shockey and Thomas, both Bush and Thomas are running the ball well, Colston, Henderson, Meachem, and Bush are catching the ball well.
4. No Bob Sanders.
5. Darren Sharper
6. Gregg Williams

I know, I know, I know, before the endless pictures of Peyton Manning get posted, I know. He's GREAT. EASILY, one of the absolute GREATEST. But as MEDIOCRE as our pass defense is, I'll take them against the Colts receivers right now. Collie and Garcon played two great games (I predicted they'd play well and won some nice wagers in the process
laugh.gif

Like I said, you'd swear the Colts were playing the Browns.
1. true. cant argue that.. remember he played for us before being cut and signed by the Saints.. was NEVER a fan.
grin.gif

2. and we never again will have someone as great as he was to our squad
tired.gif
.. with that said.. we got Reggie Wayne
smile.gif

3. Shockeys hurt.. Thomas? ehh.. Your recievers are only effective when Brees throws a perfect ball.. Freeny and Mathis should prevent that.
4. Melvin Bullitt.
5. Dallas Clark.
6. Jeff Saturday.

im sorry.. your secondary doesnt stand a chance.. like i said.. WAYNE, CLARK, GARCON, COLLIE, hell ill even throw Mr. Baskett in the mix = Manning 350+ yds.. were indeed not playing the Browns, but you guys are playing THE BEST. Colts FTW.. 
wink.gif

marino must suck according to some of y'all
laugh.gif

marino was trash as far as im concerned , u play to win the game ....never did he take the initiative that peyton and brady put into the TEAM

all the talk about manning but no matter what those espn/nfl network !#% clown commintators say the colts defense will be the difference in this one they are way better then anyone gives them credit for. ive been a colts season ticket holder since 1999 belive it or not ive been thru lots of heartbreak in the manning era alone not to mention before that im so proud that this is my home team and this is there second superbowl in 4 years who would have thought and now that there back there will be no stopping them GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A LOT of heartbreak...from getting killed by Ty Law and the Patriots to Nick Harper getting tackled by Big Ben (Since Nick's wife stabbed him in the leg) to winning all these regular season games and getting bounced by San Diego...or way back during the Jim Harbaugh (Comeback Kid) days and never EVER beating the Steelers...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

CHARGERS WITH BILLY VOLOK FOR QB
frown.gif
frown.gif

And I gotta say about never beating the steelers back in the day.... THAT WR STEPPED OUT OF BOUNDS BEFORE HE CAUGHT THAT TD FOR THE STEELERS!! 

I think that was back in 1995.. my first heartbreak as a Colts fan... before then we just sucked so there was no heartbreak
laugh.gif
... I still remember the season when we only won one game though.. and that one game was against Favre and the Packers.. who were considered like the best team in the league back then...
pimp.gif

I remember that dude stepping out.
smh.gif

And that hail mary that I thought we caught. Pass interference regardless.

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

EdWord wrote:

DeadsetAce wrote:

laugh.gif

marino was trash as far as im concerned , u play to win the game ....never did he take the initiative that peyton and brady put into the TEAM
smh.gif
shutup.

what does he have???? stats???? brett favre ATE those stats and has a ring peyton will eat those stats brady will eat his stats.............YOU PLAY TO WIN......... NO WAY U PLAY IN THE LEAGUE 20 YEARS AND DONT

I remember that dude stepping out.
smh.gif

And that hail mary that I thought we caught. Pass interference regardless.

AAHHHHH... I had completely forgot about that Hail Mary that we DID catch..
laugh.gif

I just got that awful feeling when a horrible memory is brought back up..
sick.gif

Kordell did step out of bounds but the refs missed calls for Pitt as well including a huge third down PI call that was so obvious Colts players acknowledge it in the NFL films broadcast (and say themselves the calls ended up even). And that final pass what a play, how he dropped it, I'll never know. Espn 2 just had a thing on the game 2 weeks ago

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn I remember all of that... I just knew Jim's pass got caught in the endzone... That +%$% boy had to let it go
tired.gif

Originally Posted by EdWord

laugh.gif

3573527f42cf72e46443bb56fdab1c61ccc6786.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

laugh.gif
Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark? Is there a reason why you didn't mention them? Why are you speaking of Collie and Garcon like they are the two most threatening WR's? Is there something I missed that you were responding to ? (which could be the case)

Saints had trouble w/ Shancoe (and Dallas Clark is a better RECIEVING TE than Shancoe is imo) and Reggie is not gonna have 2 bad games in a row and I'd take him in a matchup over every person in your secondary.

Back
Top Bottom