Super Bowl XLIV Thread: Saints vs. Colts 2/7/09 6pm CBS vol: Peyton vs. Drew

yo congrats saints .. i miss livin in NO stuff has changed a whhhooolleee lot since '97, but i'm sure Tippatina's uptown and Rick's on Bourbon st. still get poppin
pimp.gif

and puttin this saints team in the top 1/3 of SB champions ( and i would assume the discussion is SB championship as i haven't seen a whole lotta film on the pre-SB era) would not be far-fetched at all to me

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by doyung9

Let's not even mention the 13-3 season, 13-0 start, absolute destruction of the team of the decade the Patriots.
i'm not saying you guys were lucky. i think it's obvious y'all were a DAMN GOOD team. BUT...absolute destruction of the pats 09 team is no big deal. we were not a good football team this year. regardless, the saints were a great team, but one of the greatest, i don't know. that implies like top 5 of all time imo. i dunno.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

one of the best ever? we talking like top 20?
laugh.gif

kidding...sortof

I was thinkin top 15 and thats including teams that got beat pre SB and in the SB
i think that's fair

I dont.  Not at all.  All of the 49ers Super Bowl teams would have absolutely destroyed the Saints of today.  Same with the Cowboys teams of the 90s.....same with the Steeler teams of the 70s.....aaaaaand the Bears teams of the 80s.    The Patriot SB teams would have beaten the Saints as well.  
Thats close to 20 teams right there.  There is NO WAY in hell that this Saints team comes close to cracking the top 20.  Absolutely no way. 

Originally Posted by Ridgemont Fly

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Luck or not (Which we know isn't true 
eyes.gif
)...I'm going to be doing this for Fat Tuesday..
Bringing it back to '96
roll.gif
roll.gif
Beenie Weenie
Already...NT don't know anything about this.
I would show them the Hustle Shuffle...But, I can't do it.

Originally Posted by play2much2004

eek.gif
I really didn't know that had so many New Orleanians on this site
pimp.gif
Raised 40 minutes outside of the city... spent much of my formative years in New Orleans. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by Ryda421

when does manning ever make an interception like that ? NEVER. pressure ? there is no pressure. Manning excels under pressure. look @ the video, garcon could have easily of tackled him or held him.

EDIT:

Vikings game was probably fixed as well. look @ the pass interference call in OT and that incomplete pass. 8 fumbles by the vikings ? and what about that fumble that peterson dropped and yet he was quickly able to get up and recover ? why couldn't he do that all the time ? I mean all signs are there but it is up to you believe or not. the beautiful thing about the human mind is that it can believe what ever it wants.
lol @ you acting as if Manning never threw an interception. This discussion is moot.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Times, Helvetica, sans-serif]Interception to Ed Reed: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Interceptions and Yelling: [/font]

I'm not saying he never throws interceptions, my thing is the matter in which he threw it. he NEVER throws an interception on a close slant. WHY ? because he reads things before it happens. that ed reed interception holds up my statement because it was a deep slant. peyton probably did not mind losing to his hometown team. ALSO, garcon had a chance to hold/push/  porter, but he didn't. like I said, the signs are there, it's just a matter of you believing or not.

Back
Top Bottom