Super Bowl XLIV Thread: Saints vs. Colts 2/7/09 6pm CBS vol: Peyton vs. Drew

and 24hours later im still tight at how the Colts lost
smh.gif
tired.gif

the saints just out played and out coached us in every stage of the game  as much as i hate to say it congrats saints fans  and for me the heartache goes for at least  another year nothing new
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

People who are bring Brady into this thread are insecure about their QB's legacy, and are threatened that Peyton was going to solidify GOAT status.

Well that's another discussion for another thread so ya'll look like fools coming in here with that Brady > Peyton nonsense.

This picture is something magical. Nobody on earth can hate on this man right now, or ever.
2saz9g4.jpg

That picture will go down into sports "lore", one of the best photos I've seen in sports in a LONG time
People who are bring Brady into this thread are insecure about their QB's legacy,
It is a bit strange and I don't see fans of any other team posting pics of their QBs....

i dont want any new orleans hating on peyton manning especially if you are going to use this victory to say drew brees did a lot for new orleans

hes done a lot for new orleans after katrina struck and he and eli spent a lot of their time and money organizing relief efforts for new orleans

Originally Posted by dmxfury

That picture will go down into sports "lore", one of the best photos I've seen in sports in a LONG time
People who are bring Brady into this thread are insecure about their QB's legacy,
It is a bit strange and I don't see fans of any other team posting pics of their QBs....

ted424.jpg

Originally Posted by hennySMASH

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Were you looking for an opportunity to be an idiot or did this opportunity just stumble upon you.

Rogers isn't even in the the discussion and it's heavily disputable that he'll EVER be in the discussion. Why you bring him up I have no clue.

I just wanna know where a certain someone is, considering he was all butt hurt after Favre cost his team not only a game, but a season because we all know their season was a waste being they didn't win it all, and was soooooo positive we were gonna be watching Manning collecting chip #2.

And that Brees picture is one of the dopest pictures I've ever seen PERIOD, and definitely one of the best in sports in a while.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

boller%20pic.jpg

(fyi this is matt stover)
Going back through the whole thread since I was away from internet the whole weekend, but that aint Matt Stover 
laugh.gif
, thats Kyle Boller.

games like this leave a sour taste

a lot of nfl playoff games over the years never seem to have the better team winning

i.e. : colts vs saints and the superbowl with the pats vs the giants

even the vikings vs the saints in the nfc championship

ohwell.gif

Was in New Orleans over the weekend. It was absolutely epic. Never seen anything like it. Props to the Saints, a well deserved win.

Originally Posted by J23Diego

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

and 24hours later im still tight at how the Colts lost
smh.gif
tired.gif

Same here, I still think the saints got lucky
Honestly, the ONLY reason the Saints won the SB was because of the surprise onside kick, had that not been successful the Saints wouldnt have been able to build momentum. They played poorly the first half and Brees' confidence didn't seem like it was all there. Especially with the Saints being a rookie team in terms of superbowl appearances... momentum goes a long way for a team like that. Its obvious that Peyton's pick 6 sealed the game but the Saints really capitalized off that 1st drive coming out the 2nd half. One of the gutsiest calls I've ever seen a Coach draw up in a SB. 

Saints played a great 2nd half, good job with adjustments and they moved the ball easily. Colts just seemed to get conservative and the D did not impress. Onside was huge but it was a great half played by the entire team

Dudes still are upset the Colts lost. They simply were outplayed and out coached. Who Dat? We Dat
pimp.gif

The only reason the Saints won was because they recovered the onside kick.

And scored 25 points in the second half.

And Drew Brees went 32-39.

And Tracy Porter picked off Peyton Manning with less than 4 minutes to go and ran it back for a touchdown.

And the Colts receivers choked.

The Saints showed up 3 straight games against 3 HOF quarterbacks, but you know what... it's all luck anyway.

I swear. Some of you dudes need to lay off all the sodium.

Back
Top Bottom