Super Bowl XLIV Thread: Saints vs. Colts 2/7/09 6pm CBS vol: Peyton vs. Drew

I'll say this...it was an impressive run to the SB...but one of the best teams in NFL History? Nah...

one of the best ever? we talking like top 20?
laugh.gif

kidding...sorta

Originally Posted by doyung9

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

you got to look at them as one of the best teams in league history

Nope. It's all luck. 
eyes.gif
Well they had an incredible year, but saying they're one of the best teams in league history is going overboard.

Saying it's all luck is also going overboard.

It's either one extreme or the other with some of you.

The Saints showed up 3 straight games against 3 HOF quarterbacks, but you know what... it's all luck anyway.

I swear. Some of you dudes need to lay off all the sodium crack.
you don't "get lucky" against 3 hall of fame qb's in a row. I don't care if brett favre is 40, he was still playing at an all star level. colts got outplayed and outcoached. should of went on the attack instead of reverting to their vagina ways like when they threw away a perfect season.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

you got to look at them as one of the best teams in league history

Nope. It's all luck. 
eyes.gif
Well they had an incredible year, but saying they're one of the best teams in league history is going overboard.

Saying it's all luck is also going overboard.

It's either one extreme or the other with some of you.
I just want to know why it's overboard? It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other but seriously.
Warner, Favre, Manning. 3 straight games. And yeah, people will say, "Warner was old, Favre's washed up" but statistically, even though I personally think Favre was gonna pull a Favre, he had his best season.

Anytime you beat three HOF qb's, one of which people were crowning the GOAT, that's got to count for something.

+7 turnover ratio in the playoffs. Brees completion rating in the postseason was like 80%. They won every single type of way. They crushed the Cardinals, won a shootout vs. the Vikings, then came from behind and outsmarted and outplayed the "best team in the NFL".

Let's not even mention the 13-3 season, 13-0 start, absolute destruction of the team of the decade the Patriots.

I'm not saying let's crown this team the best team of all time... but everybody needs to stop downplaying the talent of this team and their place in NFL History.

Let's not even mention the 13-3 season, 13-0 start, absolute destruction of the team of the decade the Patriots.
i'm not saying you guys were lucky. i think it's obvious y'all were a DAMN GOOD team. BUT...absolute destruction of the pats 09 team is no big deal. we were not a good football team this year. regardless, the saints were a great team, but one of the greatest, i don't know. that implies like top 5 of all time imo. i dunno.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

one of the best ever? we talking like top 20?
laugh.gif

kidding...sortof

I was thinkin top 15 and thats including teams that got beat pre SB and in the SB
i think that's fair

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by Ryda421

this game was FIXED ! smh

Can you explain this to me?
So the Viking game was fixed, too. 
eyes.gif

nahh Super Bowl was not fixed...the Viking game was not fixed either....that was just good ole fashion voodoo I
laugh.gif
 when I say that but it really was
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by Mikeisoriginal

congrats to saints fan im not even mad at them even winning the superbowl i swear on it
damn its pretty crazy how the colts made it to the superbowl with most of their starters where injured marlon jackson, bob sanders,adam vinateri and other players i can't even think that got injured

I won't get too technical, but the reason is in your avatar. But congrats to the Saints. Never had a problem with them, just the millions of bandwagon 'who dats'.
i swear to god ive been a colts fan since 05 now theirs all these random d-riders outta nowhere

congrats to saints fan im not even mad at them even winning the superbowl i swear on it
damn its pretty crazy how the colts made it to the superbowl with most of their starters where injured marlon jackson, bob sanders,adam vinateri and other players i can't even think that got injured

I won't get too technical, but the reason is in your avatar. But congrats to the Saints. Never had a problem with them, just the millions of bandwagon 'who dats'.
i swear to god ive been a colts fan since 05 now theirs all these random d-riders outta nowhere
went to my first Saints game in 92.
WHODAT! 
laugh.gif

WHODAT! 
laugh.gif

Were you one of the thousands with a paper bag over your face as well? Don't feed me that crap. As far as i'm concerned, the Saints had little, if any, TRUE fans. There were fans of certain players, but the city of New Orleans wanted nothing to do with them. Hell, when I was at Southern, we got more love then the Saints in the city. Now all these people are coming out the woodworks yelling who dat? F outta here. I actually had some lady tell me she had "Who Dat Fever". A Greg Oden face doesn't compare to the look I gave her. Congrats on a great season to the Saints. I guess 'fans' have to start somewhere.

WHODAT! 
laugh.gif

Were you one of the thousands with a paper bag over your face as well? Don't feed me that crap. As far as i'm concerned, the Saints had little, if any, TRUE fans. There were fans of certain players, but the city of New Orleans wanted nothing to do with them. Hell, when I was at Southern, we got more love then the Saints in the city. Now all these people are coming out the woodworks yelling who dat? F outta here. I actually had some lady tell me she had "Who Dat Fever". A Greg Oden face doesn't compare to the look I gave her. Congrats on a great season to the Saints. I guess 'fans' have to start somewhere.
You realize that the paper bag moments were from the 70s right? 
The Saints had very little if any true fans? %*@+. I couldn't tell you the last time a Saints game DIDN'T sell out...

You got love at Southern? Yeah OKAY. I lived in Baton Rouge for four years. There are BATON ROUGE HIGH SCHOOLS that get more love than ya'll sad football team. ONE GAME A YEAR, people come out for a football game and that's the bayou classic.

Why in the world as a young kid would I have had a paper bag over my head? There's so much jealousy and saltiness in your whole statement, it's sad.

You realize they had an estimated ONE MILLION people at the victory parade last night? You guys had 11 people greet the Super Bowl runner ups at the airport. ELEVEN. 

All the way back in '05 huh?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by J23Diego

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

and 24hours later im still tight at how the Colts lost
smh.gif
tired.gif

Same here, I still think the saints got lucky
Honestly, the ONLY reason the Saints won the SB was because of the surprise onside kick, had that not been successful the Saints wouldnt have been able to build momentum. They played poorly the first half and Brees' confidence didn't seem like it was all there. Especially with the Saints being a rookie team in terms of superbowl appearances... momentum goes a long way for a team like that. Its obvious that Peyton's pick 6 sealed the game but the Saints really capitalized off that 1st drive coming out the 2nd half. One of the gutsiest calls I've ever seen a Coach draw up in a SB. 

im not here to defend the saints, nor am i fan, but you cant possibly believe that the only reason they won the SB was because of that onside kick.  maybe i watched another game, but to me that saints defense held their own against the Colts' offense. sure the saints offense sputtered in the first half, their D kept them in the game.  if the D was getting torched the entire first half, i dont know if the coach would have called an onside kick and risk his defense being exposed again.

Luck or not (Which we know isn't true 
eyes.gif
)...I'm going to be doing this for Fat Tuesday..
Bringing it back to '96

unless you were born in 04 or 05, wouldnt that kinda make you a bandwagoner as well?  who were you rooting for when the colts were going 3-13?

WHODAT! 
laugh.gif

You realize that the paper bag moments were from the 70s right? 
The Saints had very little if any true fans? %*@+. I couldn't tell you the last time a Saints game DIDN'T sell out...

You got love at Southern? Yeah OKAY. I lived in Baton Rouge for four years. There are BATON ROUGE HIGH SCHOOLS that get more love than ya'll sad football team. ONE GAME A YEAR, people come out for a football game and that's the bayou classic.

Why in the world as a young kid would I have had a paper bag over my head? There's so much jealousy and saltiness in your whole statement, it's sad.

You realize they had an estimated ONE MILLION people at the victory parade last night? You guys had 11 people greet the Super Bowl runner ups at the airport. ELEVEN. 

You realize the paper bag ##$* really got poppin in the 80's right?

I'll tell you the last time a game didn't sell out, from the Saints inception to 2005. Games began selling out after Hurricane Katrina. I would take it that that had little to do with the team and more to do with everyone coming back to the city. A city that had little to nothing else left to do.

And F the football team g, my BAND got more love than that team.
laugh.gif
 Like people actually came to see the game.

I retract that statement, because at the time, the team had some success. Piss poor after that and up until Ditka got fired.

You realize that Mardi Gras is poppin in NOLA right? And not to mention that the Saints won the SUPER BOWL. With both of those things happening somebody better be there. You got people from everywhere  down there right now. Hell, I'm gonna be down there this weekend. And are you surprised at the 11 people who showed up? Sorry we didn't plan a parade win or lose. Our goal was to win and that just didn't happen. The Saints were the better team Sunday night, and for that they one. Spoken from a true Colts fan. I can respect the opposing team. As far as the who dat 'nation', #notsomuch.

Originally Posted by marmourjr

this game was FIXED ! smh

Can you explain this to me?
So the Viking game was fixed, too. 
eyes.gif

when does manning ever make an interception like that ? NEVER. pressure ? there is no pressure. Manning excels under pressure. look @ the video, garcon could have easily of tackled him or held him.

EDIT:

Vikings game was probably fixed as well. look @ the pass interference call in OT and that incomplete pass. 8 fumbles by the vikings ? and what about that fumble that peterson dropped and yet he was quickly able to get up and recover ? why couldn't he do that all the time ? I mean all signs are there but it is up to you believe or not. the beautiful thing about the human mind is that it can believe what ever it wants.

when does manning ever make an interception like that ? NEVER. pressure ? there is no pressure. Manning excels under pressure. look @ the video, garcon could have easily of tackled him or held him.

EDIT:

Vikings game was probably fixed as well. look @ the pass interference call in OT and that incomplete pass. 8 fumbles by the vikings ? and what about that fumble that peterson dropped and yet he was quickly able to get up and recover ? why couldn't he do that all the time ? I mean all signs are there but it is up to you believe or not. the beautiful thing about the human mind is that it can believe what ever it wants.

lol @ you acting as if Manning never threw an interception. This discussion is moot.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Times, Helvetica, sans-serif]Interception to Ed Reed: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Interceptions and Yelling: [/font]

WHODAT! 
laugh.gif

Did this dude really say he's been a Colts fan in 05 and then have the nerve to call somebody else a band wagoner.  Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom