Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread - Does Anyone Still Play This...?

I think I'll give a try at running it. I'll just try to kinda base it off the first one.

I'll give alot of time for sign-ups..since we don't really NEED to start it right away.

And USA, just go with whoever you enjoy using the most(like I enjoy using Sonic, Mr. Game & Watch, etc..)..any character can beat any character ifyou're skilled enough.

And advice..if you wanna unlock characters quick, play through Subspace Emissary(sp) you'll unlock em as you meet them through the story.

Originally Posted by CzdaDegrees

werd werd werd lvl 22 when am i gonna get to own you

come down to the next tourney and well see. i cant play online for a little while, verizon is sending me a new router. im stuck using my neighborsinternet, which the wii wont recognize
tired.gif
. hopefully there wont be a laganymore "fingers-crossed"

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

I think I'll give a try at running it. I'll just try to kinda base it off the first one.

I'll give alot of time for sign-ups..since we don't really NEED to start it right away.

And USA, just go with whoever you enjoy using the most(like I enjoy using Sonic, Mr. Game & Watch, etc..)..any character can beat any character if you're skilled enough.

And advice..if you wanna unlock characters quick, play through Subspace Emissary(sp) you'll unlock em as you meet them through the story.
^Thanks for that input.
pimp.gif
I haven't ventured out to onlineplay yet, but i will as soon as i get a good feel for the game..That tornado move Meta Knight does is sick
sick.gif

^ neutral B or over-B?

If it's neutral B, tap B for a longer tornado. MK is pretty dirty, but you're right, he doesn't have too many KO moves (Shuttle loop is alright athigh %ages).

Originally Posted by 84jordan03

come down to the next tourney and well see. i cant play online for a little while, verizon is sending me a new router. im stuck using my neighbors internet, which the wii wont recognize
tired.gif
. hopefully there wont be a lag anymore "fingers-crossed"

Want to go to one of these but have no way of getting to NJ. If you went to the last one, how did you do?

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

^ neutral B or over-B?

If it's neutral B, tap B for a longer tornado. MK is pretty dirty, but you're right, he doesn't have too many KO moves (Shuttle loop is alright at high %ages).
Say what?
laugh.gif
Excuse my ignorance..
smh.gif

Smh...I play with the wiimote turned sideways...where (1) is the special and (2) is attack, and the control pad is used to move around..I haven't gottenused to playing with the nunchuk yet.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

^ neutral B or over-B?

If it's neutral B, tap B for a longer tornado. MK is pretty dirty, but you're right, he doesn't have too many KO moves (Shuttle loop is alright at high %ages).
Say what?
laugh.gif
Excuse my ignorance..
smh.gif

Smh...I play with the wiimote turned sideways...where (1) is the special and (2) is attack, and the control pad is used to move around..I haven't gotten used to playing with the nunchuk yet.
tired.gif
laugh.gif
still don't get all the terms either. I think neutral Bis just taping the b button or meta knight tornado attack and over B as in side B attack in which Meta Knights does the spin attack thing.

I play with the wiimote turned sideways

Say what!?

You're a champ! There's no way I could play competitively with the wiimote. Have you tried to play Smash using a Gamecube controller? I prefer itgreatly to the other three controller possibilities.

And to answer your question I guess the wiimote equivalents to neutral- and over-B would be neutral (1) and over (1).

Neutral [any button] is the button itself without any direction pad push, or tilt. Down tilt, over tilt and up tilt are your regular attacks ((2)) withoutsmashing. Smashing is a different attack with the (2) button where you time your tilt at the same time as your button input, creating a charged-up attack thatis usually your character's main killing moves.

For aerials the terms are up-air, dair, fair and bair. The first letter tells you what direction you have inputted on your d-pad/stick (up, down, forward andback, respectively).

I hope that helps you understand the way some of us Brawlers talk.

I play with the wiimote turned sideways

Say what!?

You're a champ! There's no way I could play competitively with the wiimote. Have you tried to play Smash using a Gamecube controller? I prefer it greatly to the other three controller possibilities.

And to answer your question I guess the wiimote equivalents to neutral- and over-B would be neutral (1) and over (1).

Neutral [any button] is the button itself without any direction pad push, or tilt. Down tilt, over tilt and up tilt are your regular attacks ((2)) without smashing. Smashing is a different attack with the (2) button where you time your tilt at the same time as your button input, creating a charged-up attack that is usually your character's main killing moves.

For aerials the terms are up-air, dair, fair and bair. The first letter tells you what direction you have inputted on your d-pad/stick (up, down, forward and back, respectively).

I hope that helps you understand the way some of us Brawlers talk.

Hahah great info.
pimp.gif

So do you play with the nunchuk? Or you use aGamecube controller?

I think i might need to pull the Gamecube controller out of the closet and see how it works with SSBB..I'm still experimenting with all the characters anddiff. controls, i may need to get butt kicked a couple of times online so i can get the hang of the game and learn what is effective and what isn'taffective.

I've never played with the nunchuck or classic controller. I play with the wiimote for jokes (no offense to you, more power to you), and 98% of the timeplay with the gamecube controller.

Definately try every character, and work on unlocking them, as that is one of the joys of this game. Every character feels a bit different from the next, andI'm sure there is at least one that fits your play style like a glove.

No need to rush into online play, but when you're ready, I'm sure you'll see moves used in ways you didn't think they could be. I love theonline game!

^^yes indeed the online play is good and if you watch those videos you will be amazed...IKE FTW and falco!!! see yall online

^
No, Smash does not have online ranking system unfortunately...it's more for "friendly" competition...

^ neutral B or over-B?

A-combo + down smash = super effective KO... actually, pretty much all you really need

Mid-air Shuttle Loop on recovering opponents is also pretty effective. Plus MK can gimp the hell out of you. No matter how good I got with MK, anybodyabove decent with Snake was almost guaranteed a win.

Actually, anyone, get at me on aim for a match. havent played in a long time

Anyone up to kick my $#@% later on? I needa learn
frown.gif

AIM=USABasketball08

I guess i'll venture out online and get killed a couple of times..Smh

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Originally Posted by 84jordan03

come down to the next tourney and well see. i cant play online for a little while, verizon is sending me a new router. im stuck using my neighbors internet, which the wii wont recognize
tired.gif
. hopefully there wont be a lag anymore "fingers-crossed"

Want to go to one of these but have no way of getting to NJ. If you went to the last one, how did you do?

i wasnt able to go to the last one but i went to the one before it. the smash bros tournament wasnt that big, and i won a couple of games to make it to thesemi-finals. i lost in the 5th of a best of 5 match to some kid who chain grabbed 95% of the time
smh.gif
. i wasnt that mad because he ended up getting killed by this asian kid whoused snake, and didnt lose a game the whole tournament. ill definitely be in there on aug 9th.

yo joe i aint see you last night..dsk gg u won alot of them..bad night for me last night hopefully tommrow is a up day

ggs tonite Joe, Ill, and Czda. Lot of those FFAs were real close but i was still able to pull thru. Awesome stuff.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

CPG I'll be on tonight, too. After dinner, then I'ma get at you on AIM.

God I hope that rust is deep.

Back
Top Bottom