Surgery on my J IIIs UPDATE!!!!

So My J IIIs have cracked along the NIKE AIR and plastic tabs have cracked off.... as the pictures show.
What I plan to do is apply silicone gel in between the cracked 'AIR' and to reattach the plastic tabs to the heel. Not only will it make it waterproof but it will have the flexibility of motion when I walk in them. 
I'm sure some NTer must've have tried this before me so looking for feedback.
Maybe someone has a better option.....I'm rather nervous....

v6uqms.jpg

2z4ictf.jpg

So My J IIIs have cracked along the NIKE AIR and plastic tabs have cracked off.... as the pictures show.
What I plan to do is apply silicone gel in between the cracked 'AIR' and to reattach the plastic tabs to the heel. Not only will it make it waterproof but it will have the flexibility of motion when I walk in them. 
I'm sure some NTer must've have tried this before me so looking for feedback.
Maybe someone has a better option.....I'm rather nervous....

v6uqms.jpg

2z4ictf.jpg

Id like to know too...i have a ds 01 pair thats starting to crack a bit, what can i apply to stop it?

Id like to know too...i have a ds 01 pair thats starting to crack a bit, what can i apply to stop it?

I would think the tab is done for. I dont see how the only area effected could be along the cracks. The entire plastic tab must be very brittle. Do either of you know what factor was wrong with your storing of them? Super glue gel would work but you have to be VERY careful not to let any escape or it will look like crap.

I would think the tab is done for. I dont see how the only area effected could be along the cracks. The entire plastic tab must be very brittle. Do either of you know what factor was wrong with your storing of them? Super glue gel would work but you have to be VERY careful not to let any escape or it will look like crap.

i'm very interested in what happens. my nike air cracked on my left shoe and gorilla glued it but it cracked more.

i'm very interested in what happens. my nike air cracked on my left shoe and gorilla glued it but it cracked more.

im guessing one the plastic starts to age it looses it flexability if not in constant motion and becomes brittle...thats my only guess, seams resonable since it only keeps on cracking

im guessing one the plastic starts to age it looses it flexability if not in constant motion and becomes brittle...thats my only guess, seams resonable since it only keeps on cracking

yeyoe wrote:

I dont really think it has to do with not moving but more with age and how it was stored. I have not looked down and behind me when I walk in a pair but I doubt the heel tabs move. Im not sure if plastic dry rots or what actually happens but I dont think people should start massaging their heel tabs anytime soon.

yeyoe wrote:

I dont really think it has to do with not moving but more with age and how it was stored. I have not looked down and behind me when I walk in a pair but I doubt the heel tabs move. Im not sure if plastic dry rots or what actually happens but I dont think people should start massaging their heel tabs anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom