Switching barbers in the same shop?

Just wanted to know if it would be wrong to switch barbers in the same shop? Background this is a new shop and only went there 1 time so I'm not a regular there. Me and the guy that cut my hair had a good  chat and he cut my hair pretty good. Its just that its another barber "the co-owner" in the shop that I would like to try and I just don't want t to be awkward going there and the other guy see me going to the other barber.

I only been there once 2 weeks ago so I don't eve know if he'd remember me. But from past experiences when I went to a barbershop for the first time, and the guy available cuts your hair, It seems they expect that you are they customer for now on and I just go with it. But I'd just like to try the other guy out before picking a regular barber at that shop. What are your thoughts on this? I love the atmosphere of this new barbershop btw so I don't want to make waves. Thanks in advance.

You've only been there once so I don't think it'll be awkward, when he asks to cut you just say you're waiting on the owner.

My barber has been cutting my hair every week for the past year, now if I would switch up and go to someone else that would be awkward.

Nothing beats the feeling of just sitting in the chair and your barber knows your cut and you don't have to say a word, I don't even look in the mirror anymore my guy alway gets me right (||)

You've only been there once so I don't think it'll be awkward, when he asks to cut you just say you're waiting on the owner.

My barber has been cutting my hair every week for the past year, now if I would switch up and go to someone else that would be awkward.

Nothing beats the feeling of just sitting in the chair and your barber knows your cut and you don't have to say a word, I don't even look in the mirror anymore my guy alway gets me right (||)

I truly feel like a boss when booking appointment and diddy bopping straight to the my barbers chair

Last edited:
It can be done, I did it myself. Not gonna lie it was awkward at first but dude is chill. My old barber owns the shop anyway and he's caking so I don't feel too bad about it. I went to the new guy because I really needed a cut and the other dude was open. Turns out he understands my head shape a little better.

You only went once so you're good. when I was in college I tried out different barbers in the same shop until I settled with one

I just go to whoever is available. My haircut is pretty simple. I have switched barber shops multiple times along the same street, and each time I instantly got better service once they knew where I came from.

I call it the Turncoat Technique. 1st haircut is always on point, 2nd is pretty good too. Once you become a regular though, they might start slacking. Rotate again with a shop you haven't been to awhile as needed. They might remember you and be like, "Damn, where you been?"

:lol: my barber wasn't there this past time so I sat down with another dude and he did a better job. Idk what to do!

OP, what barbershop you tombout?

Funny you made this thread OP, I had to switch barbers after going to dude like 3 times. Other cat was nice and I always left the chair salty as hell I ain't let him cut my hair. Long story short I went early one day and come to find out that my old barber comes in a bit later (he ain't about his paper). Saw him when I was leaving out the chair once and looked at him like

I usually try every barber in the shop once and I tell them all that's what Im gonna do.

May the best barber with attention to detail win me.

I also pay attention to stuff like professionalism..my pet peeves with barbers are

Stopping to dap or fist pump random customers walking in while cutting my hair

I personally hate when customers come in and gotta go down the line of chairs and dap and slap hands with every barber while they are cutting heads

its unsanitary period

When barbers stop to cycle through music on thier laptop or phone while cutting

Trying to squeeze late appointment customers in front of me...talking about I'm gonna cut him real quick before you ok I got you my bad fam

Excessive cursing and using the N word when women and children senior citizens are in the shop

This is all important to me because I'm paying for a service and I always tip well

Last edited:
I usually try every barber in the shop once and I tell them all that's what Im gonna do.

I also pay attention to stuff like professionalism..my pet peeves with barbers are

I personally hate when customers come in and gotta go down the line of chairs and dap and slap hands with every barber while they are cutting heads
its unsanitary period

Trying to squeeze late appointment customers in front of me...talking about I'm gonna cut him real quick before you ok I got you my bad fam
Excessive cursing and using the N word when women and children senior citizens are in the shop

This is all important to me because I'm paying for a service and I always tip well
I love this post..

its unsanitary period

I love this post..

One of the main reasons why I stopped going to the barbershop and started cutting my own hair.

I've been going through this for 2 years now. I'll usually go to 2-3 barbers in one shop. One time each and assess if any of them will be my permanent barber. My old one fell off and it's been brutal ever since.

Last edited:
I always see this topic talked about but it doesn't seem that serious. Guys always make it sound like some form of cheating. So you get a cut from someone else, what is your regular guy going to do? Cry in the corner?

My barber been mia. Had to get my haircut by his brother the last time i was there. His brother is the owner, but my barber is a little nicer with it. Dude hasn't responded to text or answered his phone in like 2 months though, I may need to make that permanent switch.

Thanks for the advice guys. I made the appointment with the other barber for tomorrow. My barber is in NJ. And like one of you said he only cut my hair once so I don't know if I'm in debt to him per se. He did a really good job but I just want to try the other guy out. And the guy that's cutting my hair tomorrow is actually a celebrity barber. He's on his IG giving snoop dog a lineup.. Who wouldn't want to say they get their haircut by a celebrity barber. The first guy who cut me is good but not well known.

I did the barber switch a while ago. The guy who cut my hair left the shop to open up his own spot in the same plaza. He cut my hair for probably 3-4 years, and of course I followed him to that location. He started messing up on my hair and cancelling my appointments last minute so I went to a diff barber in his shop. It was mad awkward 
laugh.gif

My current barber no longer works there so it's all good 

Been going to my dude for a solid year now but I've been thinking about going to the shop directly across the street.

Was going to this one dude for years. He was on vacay once and the other dude cut hair with more swag and understanding of style, and was an overall cooler dude so I switched.

It's funny though because the shop is sectioned off to like 2 separate areas and they're in different ones :lol:

Don't eem say whattup to the old barber now since it's a bit awkward.

One time bro? You can definitely switch chairs. It would be a different story if you went to him for years

After one cut isn't that bad.

I deaded my barber after like 12 years of him cutting my hair.

Once I had to start going home and fixing my line up I said to hell with that.

I just got my last cut from him like 3-4 years ago and gave him a big Xmas bonus I used to and stopped going.

It is hard at first finding a new barber to cut your hair, but hey I was determined and this new dude barely speaks English he's Dominican but he's good.

Although he be messing up the beard though and he drinks a lot throughout the day so you have to catch him early.

He's alright though can't but I think I might have to dead him also sometime in the future.

Funny story is my old barber is from my old neighborhood and I haven't ran back into him yet but came close about a month or two ago passing by his old shop early in the morning because he never showed up on time. I stopped at the light and there this dude was about to cross or head towards me and I was like oh **** :lol: I pulled down the sun visor and hid behind it :lol:

its unsanitary period

:lol: :rofl:

My man has a checklist :rofl:

But on the real though that's not that bad... hmmmm... my current barber is guilty of all of this.

Back
Top Bottom