System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Anyone get these new hyper elite shorts? I'm looking at getting the Duke ones and from the pics they look like they have pockets. Anyone have any info on them? Pockets would be clutch.

Yup...all of the 2012-2103 NIKE College Hoops shorts feature pockets this year -- pretty sure the new hyperelite ones do too.

Yup...all of the 2012-2103 NIKE College Hoops shorts feature pockets this year -- pretty sure the new hyperelite ones do too.

:nerd::nerd::nerd: game changer for me if the College shorts have pockets. Eastbay Q&A says no, but you say yes. Can anyone confirm?

On NDC, the "regular" $60 Hyper Elite shorts do specify under benefits: "Side slit pockets for storage"
but it doesn't say the same for the $80 team shorts

:nerd::nerd::nerd: game changer for me if the College shorts have pockets. Eastbay Q&A says no, but you say yes. Can anyone confirm?

On NDC, the "regular" $60 Hyper Elite shorts do specify under benefits: "Side slit pockets for storage"
but it doesn't say the same for the $80 team shorts

I got a pair of the $80 ones and they do have pockets.

Nothing amazing:

nice ducks shorts. trying to find a pair of these oregon shorts. any info:nerd:

NEVER have seen them offered anywhere online. Keep waiting for it to happen. I liked the yellow ones a lot, but I absolutely love the green ones. Either one, I would be ecstatic to find for sale anywhere for anything within reason. I don't think its happening, unless they plan to drop them around tournament time because I think it would have happened already.

Anyone in Eugene, Portland, near "home base" that has any inside info would be greatly appreciated.

Got platinum UConn from eastbay..a little long for a 5'10" 120 lb 14 year old but ill take it. For those who have them do the creases come out after washing?

Only Nike would make an "elite" line of hyperELITE uniforms. Gotta love the fancy words

Well Nike doesn't label every school "Elite" in the way these schools are for marketing. That's why they got the extra Love. I forgot the exact criteria they used to get that label.

Got platinum UConn from eastbay..a little long for a 5'10" 120 lb 14 year old but ill take it. For those who have them do the creases come out after washing?

Yeah, you'll be fine. Can't believe you were two years old when I started posting on this site. :lol:

Last edited:
Well Nike doesn't label every school "Elite" in the way these schools are for marketing. That's why they got the extra Love. I forgot the exact criteria they used to get that label.
Yeah, you'll be fine. Can't believe you were two years old when I started posting on this site. :lol:
Hahaha that's nuts! You must be one of the first on NT

Hahaha that's nuts! You must be one of the first on NT

to be a Nike Elite school you have to have made the Final Four since 1993 (the year Nike Team Sports started).

we may be talking 2 different things.

just because they got an Elite HyperElite uniform, does not mean they are a Nike Elite school. there are lots of Nike schools that are Elite schools that didn't get Elite HyperElite uniforms.

you know how Nike does, though. they basically do what the want. :\

in any case, the criteria to become a Nike Elite basketball school as Nike defined it originally was, they had to make a Final Four from 1993 to present. so Wichita State will now become a Nike Elite team wearing Brand Jordan uniforms.

there is one other distinguishing feature that Nike Elite schools have on their uniforms that non-Elite schools have to make it very easy to tell them apart.

if you look just below the v neck of the front collar, you'll see the Elite medallion. this is typically just the school logo. you can see it on the front of the Duke jersey here:

close up

notice it does not appear on the Gonzaga or USC jerseys:

another, less visible difference is the jock tag. the Elite teams have this one:

while non-Elite schools have the regular one:

Bump on this thread. Curious to see what next year's version on these college shorts is like in terms of material/quality/cut.

Back
Top Bottom