System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

I like the pockets. I know it's not a true authentic short if it has pockets, but I'm not college player. It's nice to have pockets for my keys, wallet, etc… if I wear them casually or for some pickup games.

I also like the material for playing. It's super light and dry. The thinness does make it feel “weak” and not as “sturdy” as the old double mesh authentics so I can understand why people are not liking them esp if you're wearing them just casually.

I think it’s here to stay...to Nike this is better quality because it’s better performance…like using hyperfuse over leather for shoes.

I like the pockets. I know it's not a true authentic short if it has pockets, but I'm not college player. It's nice to have pockets for my keys, wallet, etc… if I wear them casually or for some pickup games.

Yup

Hopefully they're taking their time to remove the pockets from all these shorts lol.  

Nike damn well may have killed the market temporarily.  Pockets and very flimsy/thin/cheap-feeling shorts for $80?  I know I didn't buy a single pair last year.  Even the game used/team issue market is dead for HE stuff.  I see team issued stuff from top schools going for under $100 all the time on eBay.  I saw a pair of mint UConn game-used HE's go for $35 a few months ago lol.  Five years ago it'd be going for $250 minimum.  

The original allure of these shorts was that they were higher quality, thicker shorts than your average plain old Nike basketball shorts.  Now they're the same, just thin, flimsy shorts.  Not to mention the styles of the shorts was much better 5-10 years ago.  Why pay a premium for these now?

If Nike ditched the pockets and came out with some quality, new designs I'd start purchasing again when they went on sale under $60.  I'll never pay retail for these, it's not even close to being worth it.
All i do is try to cop the older ones I never got a chance to get. Some of the new designs are nice but definitely not as frequent as it used to be years back.

Eastbayrep Ray - can you give us some insight here.  Do you know if Nike is coming out with a new batch this year?

I also like the material for playing. It's super light and dry. The thinness does make it feel “weak” and not as “sturdy” as the old double mesh authentics so I can understand why people are not liking them esp if you're wearing them just casually.

I think it’s here to stay...to Nike this is better quality because it’s better performance…like using hyperfuse over leather for shoes.
My other issue is that the shorts are so thin and flimsy that it feels weird having anything in the pockets.  They bulge out like crazy with keys, a wallet and a phone in there.

My other issue is that the shorts are so thin and flimsy that it feels weird having anything in the pockets.  They bulge out like crazy with keys, a wallet and a phone in there.

Get an all in one wallet phone case :lol:

I know exactly what you mean doe :wow:

Yeah that's them. Ordered from NDC. They were available as of Saturday morning. Also UNC, 'Cuse, Mich St, Duke, Kentucky and Ohio St were available.

I've been slowly selling my collection off..once had about 40 pairs. Now only keeping the ones I really like

Back
Top Bottom