System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

Good lawd those shorts look long. I'm 6 foot and I was going to get a XL, now I'm going to have to rethink it. One thing is for sure, I have to havethose UNC's. Thanks carolinau for the pics. I really appreciate it!

I copped 3 pairs recently home&away Michigan and grey Georgetown

Im 5'7'' and although these shorts are longer than the previouse years shorts I find them to be alot wider I dont think the length changes with theincrease in size as much as the width.I copped XXLs cause I love my shorts huge they come half way down my shin but all I do is fold over the waist band tobring them up about 2 inches in length.

These shorts are great only thing im upset about is I never got to cop the old white/red Arizona shorts the new white ones are white with a little blue justnot the same appeal to me.

Peace
Scottie

Here's a link of champssports.com

http://www.champssports.com/catalog...--fangear/model--82303~17410452/cm--35001388/

These are the authentic long shorts that everyone are talking about right? I couldn't find anything on authentic, just said twill. I hope these are it. Ihaven't found these at any of my local Champs but I'm gonna call a few more spots to check before I order them.

Has anybody confirmed if all the $60 shorts are S.O.D. or not? I wouldn't assume so but everybody is saying that all the $60 shorts are long whetherofficially S.O.D. or not. Hopefully the price will drop in March or after March so I can cop more teams. Right now I'm only thinking of 4 pairs.

I think all the shorts are SOD length. I just got some Gonzaga shorts and they are longer than last years shorts. Im 6-1 and got the 2xl. They are pretty big,but not too big IMO, and really comfortable.

Originally Posted by prayformojo

I think all the shorts are SOD length. I just got some Gonzaga shorts and they are longer than last years shorts. Im 6-1 and got the 2xl. They are pretty big, but not too big IMO, and really comfortable.

That is incorrect. I would not have bought mine if they were. I tried them on back to back and they aren't even close. The $45 ones are still longerthan last year's replica, but they are not as long as the SOD version.

jeffgdula, I believe prayformojo meant that all the $60 pairs of Nike Twill NCAA shorts were S.O.D. length, not the $40 pair. I have a pair of Ohio State $40pair replica 2XL and I found some $60 Texas and Duke Twill, size XL, & those pairs weren't really longer than my Ohio State 2XL replica's. I justwant to be sure before I order them because all of Champs only have Jordan shorts and NO NCAA shorts.

Can someone please tell me the S.O.D. schools? I know Ohio State and Florida, but I can't remember the others. I wanna say Texas is one also.

Yes that is what I meant. All $60 shorts are the longer SOD length, even if the school is not officially a SOD school. Why even waste 45 on the replicas? Thereis no comparison in terms of quality. Just spend the extra 15 and you'll be happy you did!

All of my Champs around here suck, all they carry are Jordan shorts. I only bought my replica's for $27, but I was thinking that they would still be S.O.D.lenghth, just not as heavy. I'm gonna order some pairs, I just want to make sure I know exactly what I'm ordering because I can't find them in myarea.

FWIW, I play college basketball and the "authentic" $60 version of our shorts are not the same material as the game shorts that we wear. And as forthe length being shorter than expected that someone was talking about, the shorts are custom ordered to length+2 at least for us, so the shorts that theplayers get will actually be longer than what they would sell in stores.

Originally Posted by EazyDoesIt1

jeffgdula, I believe prayformojo meant that all the $60 pairs of Nike Twill NCAA shorts were S.O.D. length, not the $40 pair. I have a pair of Ohio State $40 pair replica 2XL and I found some $60 Texas and Duke Twill, size XL, & those pairs weren't really longer than my Ohio State 2XL replica's. I just want to be sure before I order them because all of Champs only have Jordan shorts and NO NCAA shorts.

Can someone please tell me the S.O.D. schools? I know Ohio State and Florida, but I can't remember the others. I wanna say Texas is one also.

Texas is one (unfortunately). UNC, UConn, FSU, Syracuse, Arizona, Miami, Florida. That is all I can think of right now.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Why even waste 45 on the replicas?

Because I don't like capris.

Well, you must look like a fool in your cheap-*** replicas! Or maybe you should grow over 5'7 so they wouldn't look like capris!
roll.gif

Well, you must look like a fool in your cheap-*** replicas! Or maybe you should grow over 5'7 so they wouldn't look like capris!
roll.gif
It doesn't matter how tall you are, the SOD shorts look terrible. They look even worse on tall people IMO. But go on ahead dressing like RafaelNadal and thinking it is cool.

I appreciate that jeffgdula. To deamondeacon, of course the actual players shorts will be longer than the shorts we buy because they're custom made for theactual player on the team (look at Augustin for Texas), but I thought that the replica and twill (authentic) pairs would be the same length if the school wasS.O.D. My Ohio State replica's actually aren't that bad length wise, I was wondering about the thickness and the length because everyone was sayingthat these would be considerably longer, that's why I started the thread because I didn't know there was a difference. I appreciate everyone'scomments and I'm very surprised this thread has went this long. I will cop a pair of Texas, Arizona, Georgetown (just because I like the look, don'tcare if they're not truly S.O.D.), and UNC.

I bought the Florida ones (blue) with the gator print last year i got an XL and I have to roll the waist up once for them to fit decently. I'm 6'0 and175 if that helps. I should have gone with a large

The way nike made these shorts is the stupidest thing I have seen when it comes to clothing. What is the logic behind it? How does it help in basketball? If itis just for fashion, it's hideous. I wanted to buy some U of A shorts, but I feel ridiculous in these things and could not wear them in public.

Well, you must look like a fool in your cheap-#%@ replicas! Or maybe you should grow over 5'7 so they wouldn't look like capris!
roll.gif

You can tell how much of an immature lame you are. If someone was wearing the "cheap-#%@ replicas" do you think anyone would notice exceptpeople like you who think they are going to get props from other guys for basketball shorts? Is that what you want? Other dudes checking your shorts out andgiving you props like "Hey man its a good thing you got the authentic ones because you would look ridiculous in shorts that actually fit". Iguarantee you will get clowned on more for wearing those capri, parachute shorts than for wearing the replicas that actually fit.

But thanks for letting me know about the replicas, I'll be looking for those since I don't like I'm swimming in my shorts.

C'mon NT. We're bigger than this. To each his/her own. I like big baggy shorts. The longer the better. As long as they fit in the waist or if they gota drawsting I'm good. The length doesn't matter to me as long as I'm not sagging and the hem in the the middle is up high so I can dripple betweenmy legs and they don't bother me when I run. Now, some guys like their shorts to fit just right, not all the college guys have big baggy shorts that are onS.O.D. teams. Some NBA players have big baggy shorts and some don't. Now back to the question.......

Does anybody know where these are going for cheap? Anywhere?

last year i was able to get my gators & ohio st. shorts on ebay for about $45 shipped.
it was a super deal for me, everyone was still hating them for then...

will post pics later of sod shorts & non sod shorts that cost $60....

I know Marquette isn't a part of Nike anymore, but I can't find their shorts anywhere. Milwaukee NTers, where you at?

Back
Top Bottom